Windows 10: HP MFP printers not scanning under Windows10 / Win 10 solved

Discus and support HP MFP printers not scanning under Windows10 / Win 10 solved in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All just sharing an experience: The wife asked me this morning to quickly scan and email a page for her....... Well: In Win 10 no scan app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Werner Oderwer, Oct 26, 2015.

1. HP MFP printers not scanning under Windows10 / Win 10 solved

Hi All
    just sharing an experience:
    The wife asked me this morning to quickly scan and email a page for her.......

Well:
    In Win 10 no scan app for HP, found it, downloaded it from Store and, lo and behold, it could not find my
    HP LaserJet 1217 nfw MFP
    on the network.......
    Neither by auto-search nor when given the IP address....

Well, looked on HP site for scanner drivers, nothing.... only the whole bloat-ware set.
    Oh, BTW, this nice little pop-up on the HP site advising you to check for help on Win 10 updates, it just sends you in circles back to the download page..... *Wink

Downloaded the scanner and printer doctor, installed it and run.....

Well, guess what, it told me to download the bloat-ware package....

Well, did that (third time since I have Win 10, first to install printer, second time when printer was completely grayed out and wouldn't print anymore, this time I keep it in tools.....)

So after about 2 hrs of fiddling (was frustrated in between and did my scan on the Ubuntu / LINUX box, which took all of 4 minutes (2 min for first scan and another 2 for scanning it over te doc feeder since it was legal size) 5 min including mailing it) I finally can scan from Win 10 integrated app (which did not find the MFP on the network either) AND the HP Scan To app.

I am sure I could have made my life easier by just connecting the PC wired to the printer, but I consider that bad style, if a Network setup works one way it should work with ALL available options and I don't believe in letting any soft or hardware getting away with pissing me off, if I can avoid it *Wink

BTW HP Scan To app, if you like to use that, you will find it directly after install under recently installed.
    SAVE it somewhere you can find it again since after the next restart it will disappear otherwise (Which happened the last 2 installs, this time I pinned it to Start!!!)

Have fun with your HPs
    (Remember, as long as the run, they run great, but once they don't, better hold on to your pants *Wink (or look for the extra-big bottle of Tylenol.... ))

Werner from Montreal

:)

Werner Oderwer, Oct 26, 2015

2. Print doesn't work in user mode, in word 2013 and test page in the printer properties

We acquired 17 new computers HP Pro 400G3, 6 pieces of HP LaserJet MFP M125nw and 10 pieces of HP LaserJet MFP M426fdn.

Computers have come preinstalled with Windows 7 Pro, a Windows10 Pro on CD and a HP Cd "Driver Recovery DVD".

I followed the steps of the Win10 installation booklet, everything was fine. When installing win 10, administrator account is disable. I did enable administrator after the win 10 installation finished and installed all programs I had under administrator account,
    including the printer driver, some on USB and other on network printer.

So far everything is ok. Everything works, printing goes in Adobe Reader and Word 2013 (administrator account).

Create standard user, local account, and surprise: PRINTING only works in Adobe, notepad in any other program, but not in Word (Office) does nothing. I give print and does nothing, no error message, nothing. Scan documents is going ok.

If I want to print test page in Printer Properties, it gives me the message "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance?".

I deleted the user account and I created again, and how many once worked printing, but in most cases it did not work. I saw in firewall all is ok, the printer have the newest driver, I make update of firmware of the printer. Nothing, doesn't print. No importance
    if is on USB or network printer. The printing have same problem.

Please help me. I do not know what to do. I read on the net and I found nothing concrete to solve the problem.

DANIELPETRE64, Oct 26, 2015
  3. andipratama, Oct 26, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

HP MFP printers not scanning under Windows10 / Win 10 solved

When some network printer is hard to find or doesn't work properly, I can install it locally. Then create a new IP port with the IP address of the printer and from Printer Settings change the local port to the new IP port. This usually works better then HP's own network ports! Next tip is to set a static IP address on the printer so as not to change every time there is a power failure and the router restarts!

I hope that helps. *Wink

spapakons, Oct 27, 2015
  5. Hi
    just a FYI, printer was on static IP 192.168.2.78.

My above solution works without the local install >> then switch port solution you recommended, which is surly faster, but requires more tech knowledge from the average user, so thanks for adding it, hope that our combined solution gets everyone up and running, never mind their tech level.

W.

Werner Oderwer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP MFP printers not scanning under Windows10 / Win 10 solved

1. HP MFP printers not scanning under Windows10 / Win 10 solved - Similar Threads - MFP printers scanning

2. Hp LJ M28 MFP Printer detectd as software device under windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp LJ M28 MFP Printer detectd as software device under windows 10 64 bit: HiI was using my HP Laserjet printer model m28 mfp under windows 7 and it was working full fine ...windows 7 installed it normally and its working fully fine the day i got windows 10 and updated my os ... problems started ... my printer and also an samsung printer is detected...
  3. Hp LJ M28 MFP Printer detectd as software device under windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp LJ M28 MFP Printer detectd as software device under windows 10 64 bit: HiI was using my HP Laserjet printer model m28 mfp under windows 7 and it was working full fine ...windows 7 installed it normally and its working fully fine the day i got windows 10 and updated my os ... problems started ... my printer and also an samsung printer is detected...
  4. Hp LJ M28 MFP Printer detectd as software device under windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HP MFP M477 fnw scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP MFP M477 fnw scanning: how do i change the computer my Color Jet Pro MFP M477fnw is scanning to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-mfp-m477-fnw-scanning/8462c356-92cc-46d0-a7c3-e527fb059103
  6. HP MFP M477 fnw scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP MFP M477 fnw scanning: how do i change the computer my Color Jet Pro MFP M477fnw is scanning to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-mfp-m477-fnw-scanning/8462c356-92cc-46d0-a7c3-e527fb059103
  7. HP 8600 printer will not scan to network folder after updating to Win 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP 8600 printer will not scan to network folder after updating to Win 10.: After purchasing a new computer with Win 10 I can not use my network scan folder. The Win 7 machine still works fine. When I setup the new network folderScan I get a Error message "cannot connect the server, or connection failed". Have done all updates drivers Firmware for...
  8. Scanning HP printer

Scanning HP printer: I need your help. Can you point me in the right direction? I want to scan my printer. It is HP. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-hp-printer/3e8028e6-4e13-4b78-acf6-63e390cb696e
  9. Reinstalling printer driver for HP 1136 MFP

Reinstalling printer driver for HP 1136 MFP: I recently bought a Dell laptop in April 2019 and since then i'm been deluged with problems with windows. First the network adaptor kept switching off at its convenience. Now since today I was unable to access our printer on our group, so decided to delete and reinstall. It...
  10. HP Printer not working under W10S

HP Printer not working under W10S: A friend just got upgraded?? from Window 10 to W10S. I don't know how or why this happened. Anyway, his HP Office Jet Pro 6968 does not work anymore. Is this printer 10S compatible? I was thinking that perhaps using Services.Msc to change Function Discovery Resource...