Windows 10: HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

Discus and support HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure this is the correct forum for this issue. Every few days my settings in "HP My display " get reset to default brightness of 100% and Cool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sportflyer, Nov 28, 2018.

1. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

Not sure this is the correct forum for this issue.

Every few days my settings in "HP My display " get reset to default brightness of 100% and Cool mode after a startup. HP Forums don't seem to have a permanent solution for me after trying various solutions . I am already using the latest version from Portrait Displays and have the latest graphic drivers. Computer is HP Envy Recline 230k011 running Windows 10 ver 1803. Something seems to be triggering the reset and I cant find it.

Maybe I should uninstall the program and use another to adjust brightness and display mode ,Prefer a warmer display than cool

TKs

Any ideas ?

:)

sportflyer, Nov 28, 2018

2. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

Not sure this is the correct forum for this issue.

Every few days my settings in "HP My display " get reset to default brightness of 100% and Cool mode after a startup. HP Forums don't seem to have a permanent solution for me after trying various solutions . I am already using the latest version from Portrait Displays and have the latest graphic drivers. Computer is HP Envy Recline 230k011 running Windows 10 ver 1803. Something seems to be triggering the reset and I cant find it.

Maybe I should uninstall the program and use another to adjust brightness and display mode ,Prefer a warmer display than cool

TKs

Any ideas ?

sportflyer, Jan 28, 2020
  3. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

The brightness control was missing from the very beginning when I purchased the computer. Talked to HP and they suggested using HP My Display. It worked until new Windows 10 update when the reset issue came up. At first I did not notice it because I don't turn off the computer , just put it to sleep for the night.

After I replaced the HDD with SSD recently, I began to shut down computer for the night due to much fast boot up time. Then I notice the problem . Its quite irritating.

sportflyer, Jan 28, 2020
  4. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

Can you suggest some workaround 3rd party software?

sportflyer, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

1. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days - Similar Threads - display Portrait Displays

2. Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode: I have rotation lock "on" in my laptop's settings, however my screen will still turn to portrait mode while my laptop is closed and I have to go into display settings and reset it to landscape after unlocking. I have an Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1.Is there a way to permanently...
  3. Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode: I have rotation lock "on" in my laptop's settings, however my screen will still turn to portrait mode while my laptop is closed and I have to go into display settings and reset it to landscape after unlocking. I have an Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1.Is there a way to permanently...
  4. audio and display lag spike every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio and display lag spike every few days: how can i fix it? i have it even after i clean installed my windowshttps://streamable.com/jr6scn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-display-lag-spike-every-few-days/a8a71cf5-d267-47f7-b7df-b157f7fefb81
  5. audio and display lag spike every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio and display lag spike every few days: how can i fix it? i have it even after i clean installed my windowshttps://streamable.com/jr6scn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-display-lag-spike-every-few-days/a8a71cf5-d267-47f7-b7df-b157f7fefb81
  6. Display settings reverting every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display settings reverting every day: Hi everyone I recently bought a replacement second monitor which I connect to my laptop via HDMI. I have been using a second monitor for years with no issues, it was a HP. Usually I keep my laptop lid shut and just work from the second screen, so I have the display settings...
  7. Monitor/Display Settings Keep Resetting Every Tuesday Night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor/Display Settings Keep Resetting Every Tuesday Night: I have been working from home for 10 months now. My laptop HP Pavilion running Windows 10 is hooked up to two monitors via HDMI and an HDMI/USB adapter. It runs well and I have no issues, except for this one: Every Wednesday morning when I login for work, I have to reset...
  8. Advanced Micro Display Inc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advanced Micro Display Inc: This driver automatically downloaded and now I have a low resolution screen which I can just about see what I'm doing. How can this be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-micro-display-inc/5d21fbb3-22b6-4763-8b54-d096041ebef7
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days: Not sure this is the correct forum for this issue. Every few days my settings in "HP My display " get reset to default brightness of 100% and Cool mode after a startup. HP Forums don't seem to have a permanent solution for me after trying various solutions . I am already...