Windows 10: HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

Discus and support HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Not sure this is the correct forum for this issue. Every few days my settings in "HP My display " get reset to default brightness of 100% and Cool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sportflyer, Nov 28, 2018.

1. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

Not sure this is the correct forum for this issue.

Every few days my settings in "HP My display " get reset to default brightness of 100% and Cool mode after a startup. HP Forums don't seem to have a permanent solution for me after trying various solutions . I am already using the latest version from Portrait Displays and have the latest graphic drivers. Computer is HP Envy Recline 230k011 running Windows 10 ver 1803. Something seems to be triggering the reset and I cant find it.

Maybe I should uninstall the program and use another to adjust brightness and display mode ,Prefer a warmer display than cool

TKs

Any ideas ?

:)

sportflyer, Nov 28, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

HP Debuts Virtual Reality Displays

HP today expanded its portfolio of computer monitors with an interactive virtual reality display, 4K and 5K ultra high-definition displays and curved displays for consumers and professionals. Designed to immerse users into a variety of digital experiences, the new products include:
    • HP Zvr Virtual Reality Display: Rotate, manipulate and navigate 3D images from the 23.6-inch diagonal interactive display. The HP Zvr will change how users think, work, and create with virtual-holographic 3D images.
    • HP Z27s and HP Z24s 4K Displays and the HP Z27q 5K Display: Ultra high-definition (UHD) solutions aimed to increase productivity by expanding the visual workspace and connecting to more devices.
    • HP Z34c, HP ENVY 34c, HP EliteDisplay S270c and HP Pavilion 27c Curved Displays: An immersive personal experience that will enhance visual perception and audio experiences.

HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days 7a_thm.jpg

"HP's new displays complement our goal of delivering new technologies that maximize the visual experience and change the way people work and create," said Jun Kim, vice president and general manager, PC displays and accessories, HP. "HP displays feature performance, innovation, reliability and outstanding image accuracy that we believe will transform how customers connect and interact using technology."

HP Zvr - A Step Closer to True Holographic Viewing
    The HP Zvr Virtual Reality Display provides for an immersive, real-time exploration and manipulation of 3D content. Imagine dissecting a frog or exploring an office complex without getting messy or leaving the desk. HP Zvr, powered by zSpace technology, is another example of HP's Blended Reality technologies that helps reduce the barriers between the digital and physical worlds, enabling users to express themselves at the speed of thought without the filters and limitations that technology currently places on them.

Users will appreciate real-time, natural interaction that allows people to work with virtual reality applications the way they are used to working today. Users interact seamlessly with a high-definition 3D stereoscopic display combined with full-motion parallax and direct interaction, delivering an intuitive user experience with lifelike realism.

The HP Zvr display is collaborative, allowing people to work together the way they would today, choosing to look at things in the real or virtual world, even while using the platform. The optional HP zView solution also allows real-time sharing of 3D models to a 2D big screen. Dual-link DVI or DisplayPort connections to an HP Z Workstation provide easy connectivity for architectural, MCAD, education, and scientific content.

Ultra High-Definition Displays(2) Deliver Outstanding Image Quality
    HP's two 4K displays and its 5K display increase the viewing of image detail, can connect to multiple devices at once and are intended to increase productivity. By upgrading from a full high-definition display users will quadruple the real estate of the screen -- allowing users to see more data in spreadsheets, keep multiple windows open side-by-side or program more lines of code. Additionally, the new media being filmed in 4K (and higher formats) can be fully enjoyed to the smallest details and new scalar technologies combined with higher resolutions let users see a mobile phone, notebook and tablet all at once on the screen.

Users will enjoy 3840 x 2160 resolution on the HP Z27s (27 diagonal inches) and HP Z24s (23.8 diagonal inches) displays. These two 4K displays have a 16:9 UHD panel, with the sRGB or AdobeRGB color gamuts and 1.07 billion colors for incredible color presentation of highly-detailed digital workflows. The displays include DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, Mini-DP, MHL(3) and USB 3.0 connections and are equipped with a four-way ergonomic stand, including pivot to switch quickly between landscape and portrait modes.

The HP Z27q Display has a 5120x2880, 5K wide-color gamut. It delivers seven times more pixels than a classic full HD display -- packed in a factory-calibrated IPS solution. The HP Z27q boasts premier imagery with 14.7 million pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300 nits luminance(4) and 1.07 billion colors. The HP Z27q offers picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture, allowing users to display mobile device and PC feeds.

Curved Displays Enhance Visual and Audio Computing Experience
    The HP Z34c, HP ENVY 34c, HP EliteDisplay S270c and HP Pavilion 27c Curved Displays deliver an elegant, immersive, curved visual and audio experience with enhanced peripheral readability. These HP displays offer an exceptional 3000:1 CR and low-haze enhancement technology to reduce reflectiveness without losing clarity, with an expansive 178-degree field of view. Users can mirror smart phone or tablet content to the screen through an MHL connection that also keeps devices charged and ready to go.

The HP Z34c and HP ENVY 34c 3000r Curved Displays, measure 34-inches diagonally, feature a wide 21:9 aspect ratio. These HP displays support a 3440 x 1440 ultra-high resolution with 98 percent sRGB and a premium 6 watt/channel speakers with DTS Audio. They include a VESA-compatible bracket(5) and offer picture-in-picture and picture-by-picture which allows users to view device and PC feeds at the same time.

The 27-inch diagonal, HP EliteDisplay S270c and HP Pavilion 27c 4000r Curved Displays feature a 1920 x 1080 full HD(6) resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio and 95 percent sRGB color gamut. They have integrated speakers with 4 watt/channel speakers with DTS Audio.

Price and Availability
    • HP Zvr expected availability is Spring 2015. Pricing available upon request.
    • The HP Z27s, and HP Z24s displays are expected to be available worldwide beginning in January and April respectively. Estimated U.S. pricing starts at $749 and $549, respectively.
    • The HP Z27q Display is expected to be available beginning in March at an estimated U.S. price of $1299.
    • HP Z34c and HP ENVY 34c are expected to be available worldwide beginning in April at an estimated U.S. price of $999.
    • HP EliteDisplay S270c and Pavilion 27c Curved Displays are available now for $399.

btarunr, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Display rotation in Portrait Orientation Windows 10

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform that in the Portrait orientation, the display will turn to 90 degrees. It is by design and no changes can be made. You can change the screen resolution to 1024*768 which will change the display to a Portrait like view in vertical position.
    Also, I suggest you to provide a Feedback using the Feedback App.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 28, 2018
  4. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

Conact list display (annoying portrait figure)

In the contact list, there is a big annoying portrait head (icon) displayed beside each name when you scroll through them causing the name to be incompletely displayed with some missing letters, any way to remove it?

mironabil---01, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

1. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days - Similar Threads - display Portrait Displays

2. Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode: I have rotation lock "on" in my laptop's settings, however my screen will still turn to portrait mode while my laptop is closed and I have to go into display settings and reset it to landscape after unlocking. I have an Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1.Is there a way to permanently...
  3. Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode: I have rotation lock "on" in my laptop's settings, however my screen will still turn to portrait mode while my laptop is closed and I have to go into display settings and reset it to landscape after unlocking. I have an Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1.Is there a way to permanently...
  4. audio and display lag spike every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio and display lag spike every few days: how can i fix it? i have it even after i clean installed my windowshttps://streamable.com/jr6scn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-display-lag-spike-every-few-days/a8a71cf5-d267-47f7-b7df-b157f7fefb81
  5. audio and display lag spike every few days

audio and display lag spike every few days: how can i fix it? i have it even after i clean installed my windowshttps://streamable.com/jr6scn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-display-lag-spike-every-few-days/a8a71cf5-d267-47f7-b7df-b157f7fefb81
  6. Display settings reverting every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display settings reverting every day: Hi everyone I recently bought a replacement second monitor which I connect to my laptop via HDMI. I have been using a second monitor for years with no issues, it was a HP. Usually I keep my laptop lid shut and just work from the second screen, so I have the display settings...
  7. Monitor/Display Settings Keep Resetting Every Tuesday Night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor/Display Settings Keep Resetting Every Tuesday Night: I have been working from home for 10 months now. My laptop HP Pavilion running Windows 10 is hooked up to two monitors via HDMI and an HDMI/USB adapter. It runs well and I have no issues, except for this one: Every Wednesday morning when I login for work, I have to reset...
  8. Advanced Micro Display Inc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advanced Micro Display Inc: This driver automatically downloaded and now I have a low resolution screen which I can just about see what I'm doing. How can this be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-micro-display-inc/5d21fbb3-22b6-4763-8b54-d096041ebef7
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days

HP my display by Portrait Displays Inc keeps resetting every few days: Not sure this is the correct forum for this issue. Every few days my settings in "HP My display " get reset to default brightness of 100% and Cool mode after a startup. HP Forums don't seem to have a permanent solution for me after trying various solutions . I am already...