Windows 10: HP Notebook 15-ba079dx / My Laptop's Dvd-RM Disc Drive Isn't Working Correctly

Discus and support HP Notebook 15-ba079dx / My Laptop's Dvd-RM Disc Drive Isn't Working Correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so i'm sure you can tell from the subject title that I am experiencing issues with my laptops disc drive. According to my laptop the DVD/CD ROM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pheonixangel01, Dec 6, 2019.

1. HP Notebook 15-ba079dx / My Laptop's Dvd-RM Disc Drive Isn't Working Correctly

Ok so i'm sure you can tell from the subject title that I am experiencing issues with my laptops disc drive. According to my laptop the DVD/CD ROM drive is called "hp DVDRW SU208HB" and that the device is working perfectly. I've tried using DVD-RW , DVD-R and CD-R and as far as I could tell my disc drive can't make up it's mind about how it want's to work. I hadn't been experiencing this problem until after I did one of the windows 10 updates. So since I thought that was the problem I did a factory reset on my laptop and it didn't change anything about the problem. From what I can tell my disc drive work's best with DVD-RW discs cause it can format them , read them , and copy file's to them as if they were a USB device. However it can not burn the disc's and it also chooses when it want's to format , read , or move file's to them but when I put in a disc that I had previously put file's on it can only retrieve some of the file's before my explorer.exe start's lagging and quitting on me. The DVD-R disc's have a lesser success rate when reading and getting file's to and from the disc but my disc drive doesn't want to format the disc at all it keep's telling me that it could not complete the format. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. I have checked for any updates for the drive and I have also done a factory reset on my laptop but I can't find a solution to the problem. Oh also when it come's to using the disc drive I am using just the regular factory windows 10 explorer for formatting , reading , and burning the discs since in the past that's what I had the best success with. So if anyone has any idea's or solution's i'm all ears please and thank you HP Notebook 15-ba079dx / My Laptop's Dvd-RM Disc Drive Isn't Working Correctly :)

:)

Pheonixangel01, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Dec 6, 2019
  3. terry qb Win User
    dvd drive on a hp laptop not working

my HP laptop DVD and CD drive will not load DVD discs but it will load CDs so it must be working could it be a driver problem only stopped a few days ago?

terry qb, Dec 6, 2019
  4. HP Notebook 15-ba079dx / My Laptop's Dvd-RM Disc Drive Isn't Working Correctly

The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

HP Notebook 15-ba079dx / My Laptop's Dvd-RM Disc Drive Isn't Working Correctly

1. HP Notebook 15-ba079dx / My Laptop's Dvd-RM Disc Drive Isn't Working Correctly - Similar Threads - Notebook ba079dx Laptop's

2. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  3. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  4. Hdd Notebook HP - 15-da0086nl

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hdd Notebook HP - 15-da0086nl: Hello, can you tell me if there is any partition that can be safely removed from my system? I thank 179769
  5. Hp 15 notebook Bluetooth

Hp 15 notebook Bluetooth: Hello am Solomon please help me, i have an hp 15 notebook laptop but I don't know how to switch on the Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-15-notebook-bluetooth/d9066791-4b33-49e0-ad35-c34a362a1ebd
  6. Touchpad (SynapticDrivers) not working on my HP Notebook - 15-ac156tx

Touchpad (SynapticDrivers) not working on my HP Notebook - 15-ac156tx: Hi All, I am facing this problem for a while now. My touch pad always stops working after windows update or when i am not using my laptop for a while. I have tried reinstalled synaptic drivers for up-teem times, made some registry changes based on recommendations i read...
  7. HP 15 NOTEBOOK 3.0 USB

HP 15 NOTEBOOK 3.0 USB: I have a HP 15 Notebook PC, Windows 10. I have an external 3.0 wifi adapter with antenna, when I hook it up to my 3.0 usb hub it works but has a message that says it would work faster in a 3.0 port. When I open my device manager and look at usb it shows that I have 3.0 usbs...
  8. hard drive on hp notebook laptop

hard drive on hp notebook laptop: I recently acquired an hp laptop and it said install operating system and cannot find boot device. I ran the test on the hard drive and it failed so I replaced it with a 500gb hd I was using in my desktop for recording music for extra storage. I ran the test again and it came...
  9. my disc drive isn't working

my disc drive isn't working: I just got this new school laptop and I decided to stick my cock in the disc drive and now my genital herpes are bleeding please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disc-drive-isnt-working/274b082e-8df1-42a4-9b34-66a2965c315c
  10. adding Bluetooth to a HP 15 Notebook laptop

adding Bluetooth to a HP 15 Notebook laptop: My HP Laptop doesn't have Bluetooth on it so my question is is there a way to put it on manually? If so How and please I'm a disabled man with little computer experience so I would appreciate a step by step instructions on how to get it on my laptop if there's even a way to...