Windows 10: HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi.

Discus and support HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; After a month or two on giving up on trying to get my computer to push sound to my TV, i notice whenever i turn the laptop on, the TV says that a DVI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by glitchdweller, Dec 31, 2018.

1. HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi.

After a month or two on giving up on trying to get my computer to push sound to my TV, i notice whenever i turn the laptop on, the TV says that a DVI input is being made, and I've got a feeling that is part of the problem. I have a feeling the laptop is the problem because i use my Xbox on the same TV and it outputs sound perfectly on both of the ports. I have got no idea why or how my computer would push a DVI signal through an hdmi cable, but if i could figure out how to force a hdmi signal, my problem may be resolved.

:)

glitchdweller, Dec 31, 2018

2. cant detect tv with hdmi

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community and welcome to Windows 10 family.

Please try with these steps:

1. Right click on the Desktop.

2. Choose Screen Resolution.

3. Let’s see if TV has been detected. If not, press “Detect” button.

Also go through the below steps:

Step1:

Choose the connection for video output. If your computer has an HDMI port, otherwise, you will need to make a few decisions. If your computer has only a single video output, and it will not be used solely with the television, you may want to invest in a
    new video card. Purchase one with either a DVI or an HDMI output, and install it in an available slot, according the instructions included with it. If you intend to use the VGA output on a single-output or dual-output card to drive the HDMI display, then a
    special device will be needed to convert between the formats, and the price of the converter is actually about the same price as an entry-level video card that will be easier to use with your TV. In that case, it may be a wise idea to upgrade the card in order
    to obtain a DVI or HDMI port. However, if your chosen output port is of the DVI variety, an inexpensive DVI to HDMI cable can be purchased to convert your computer's output into the proper HDMI input for your TV.

Step 2:

Connect the HDMI cable from your television to your computer. Install the correct adapter or converter for your computer, if necessary. Unless your computer has HDMI output, cords will also need to be connected from the sound card output to the HDMI video
    cable or adapter, because HDMI carries both video and audio signals.

Step 3:

1. Boot your PC, and configure the new display,

2. Go to "Control Panel" from the "Start" Menu.

3. Double-click the "Display" icon and click the "Settings" tab.

The manual for your HDMI TV will list the screen resolutions it supports, along with the refresh rates.

Configure the resolution in the "Settings" tab, and then click the "Advanced" button to set the refresh rate.

If you are using the HDMI TV as the second monitor, you will also have to configure how it is used by Windows, according to the instructions pertaining to your video card. Most cards offer a "Clone" or "Mirror" mode, where both screens display the same content.
    Alternately, the "Extended Desktop" mode can be used, in which each monitor will operate independently.

Hope this helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Dec 31, 2018
  4. HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi.

HP Notebook HDMI output to projector problem

Hello, please I have this problem, on my notebook (HP 255 G5), I try to get display (duplicated) to Epson EB-420 projector, but if I choose resolution 1024x768 on notebook the output of HDMI
    is still 1080P, I tried on another notebook and works good only on this one, if I choose only showing second monitor (projector) is working great. Where can be problem please? Thank you.

martin5504, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi.

1. HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi. - Similar Threads - Notebook pushing dvi

2. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  3. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  4. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  6. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  7. DVI to HDMI adapter?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DVI to HDMI adapter?: My new desktop came today and my monitor has a 9 pin plug (I believe that it’s an hdmi port? the monitor is an HP, model LV2311) the desk top has hdmi or dvi ports only. Is it best to get a dvi to hdmi adapter and use a hdmi cable, or get a dvi cable and skip the adapter.?
  8. HDMI Output to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output to TV: I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not...
  9. HDMI and DVI

HDMI and DVI: On PC monitors is the image better on a "HDMI" then a "DVI" connection? 44960
  10. HDMI inferior to DVI?

HDMI inferior to DVI?: I thought that a graphics card with both outputs would run the same resolutions from each. My HIS Radeon 5670 iceq has a max of 2560X1600 through DVI, the HIS spec's don't give a figure for the HDMI. The AMD site gives 2560X1600 for DVI and 1920X1200 for HDMI. I've been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to pull video on a screen with DVI then push it to HDMI on a TV