Windows 10: HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged

Discus and support HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows on this laptop because it was not working correctly, and a new problem arose after installation, the laptop says that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by glitchdweller, Nov 6, 2018.

1. HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged

I reinstalled windows on this laptop because it was not working correctly, and a new problem arose after installation, the laptop says that the speakers in the HDMI display I use are "unplugged", but they work fine with my Xbox. I know it is not a hardware problem because before I reinstalled windows, I installed Ubuntu 18.04 cause why not, and the speakers worked fine. The built in speakers on the laptop work fine

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and doing a good few other things I've seen on other forums.

Solutions?

:)

glitchdweller, Nov 6, 2018

2. MIracast from HP notebook to Sony smart TV

Hi Kapil,

What you've experienced when projecting from your HP notebook to your Sony smart tv might be caused by an outdated audio drivers or could have something to do with the audio settings on your device. For us to sort this out, I would like to ask the following:

• On what build and version is your Windows 10 notebook running?
    • Does the audio on your notebook working fine when not projecting to your Sony smart TV?

In the meantime, let's make sure that a playback device is properly set on your
    Sound settings. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the speaker icon on your system tray and select Playback devices to open the Sound settings window.
    2. On the list, select Speakers and set it as the
      default playback device
    3. Click on the Recording tab and look for Stereo Mix or
      Mono Mix.
    4. If there's no recording devices on the list, then right-click on the empty list, and selectShow disabled devices.
    5. Right-click Stereo Mix or Mono Mix and click Enable.
    6. Once enabled, click it, and click Set Default.
    7. Right-click the device again and click Properties.
    8. Click on the Listen tab, check Listen through this device, and select your device under
      Playback through this device.
    9. Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please try to project again and observe the audio performance when projecting to your smart tv.

Please update this thread with the result so I'll be able to further assist you if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Battery Problem { hp envy 15}

Hi Mohsin,

I am sorry to know that you have been facing battery issue for 2 months.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    If the issue persist, then I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below ad check. If you cant perform few steps on your own please check with HP.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10):

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge | HP® Customer Support

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 6, 2018
  4. HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged

Driver Audio issue in notebook Hp 15ab022nl

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, however I suggest you to go through the steps given from this link below and check if it helps, and if it doesn’t please contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged

1. HP Notebook 15 recognizing tv speakers, but saying they are unplugged - Similar Threads - Notebook recognizing speakers

2. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  3. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  4. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stylus compatible with HP Notebook - 15-bs015dx

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stylus compatible with HP Notebook - 15-bs015dx: Which type of stylus and which stylus is compatible with my HP Notebook - 15-bs015dx Windows 10 touch screen laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stylus-compatible-with-hp-notebook-15-bs015dx/930a6f6e-cbc0-463a-8aa2-39ef6188597e
  6. Hdd Notebook HP - 15-da0086nl

Hdd Notebook HP - 15-da0086nl: Hello, can you tell me if there is any partition that can be safely removed from my system? I thank 179769
  7. Hp 15 notebook Bluetooth

Hp 15 notebook Bluetooth: Hello am Solomon please help me, i have an hp 15 notebook laptop but I don't know how to switch on the Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-15-notebook-bluetooth/d9066791-4b33-49e0-ad35-c34a362a1ebd
  8. speakers not working, windows says unplugged

speakers not working, windows says unplugged: Can anyone help me? I am having issues with my external speakers. I am running a HP Pavilion desktop pc, using Windows 10. I have done all the latest updates, but now, for some reason, the computer will not recognise my speakers, and says they are not plugged in. They...
  9. HP 15 NOTEBOOK 3.0 USB

HP 15 NOTEBOOK 3.0 USB: I have a HP 15 Notebook PC, Windows 10. I have an external 3.0 wifi adapter with antenna, when I hook it up to my 3.0 usb hub it works but has a message that says it would work faster in a 3.0 port. When I open my device manager and look at usb it shows that I have 3.0 usbs...
  10. HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Notebook 15 pushing a dvi output to hdmi TV, need to force hdmi.: After a month or two on giving up on trying to get my computer to push sound to my TV, i notice whenever i turn the laptop on, the TV says that a DVI input is being made, and I've got a feeling that is part of the problem. I have a feeling the laptop is the problem because i...