Windows 10: hp notebook - boot device not found

Discus and support hp notebook - boot device not found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I turn on my HP notebook, it immediately goes to a black screen saying "boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeanBaker3, Sep 4, 2020.

1. hp notebook - boot device not found

When I turn on my HP notebook, it immediately goes to a black screen saying "boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk., hard disk 3F0". I've hit f2 system diagnostics and performed a hard drive check and a memory test, both passed. I've hit f10, gone into system configuration/boot options, and gone back and forth between legacy support and secure boot to no avail. F11 system recovery doesn't work. I've created a W10 USB flash drive installer with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool on a 32gb thumb drive from my Windows desktop pc to do a clean install. When I put the thumb drive into my HP notebook and turn it on, it goes to a black screen with the HP logo, goes black, then back to the logo screen, and keeps looping till eventually just stopping at the logo screen. Sometimes it'll stop at a logo screen but it's all static. I've also turned it on with the thumb drive inserted and pressed esc to get to the startup menu, pressed f9 to go to the boot manager, and selected "usb harddrive UEFI - sandisk". This produced the same results. I also tried this same method in legacy support, the boot manager had a second usb option without the "UEFI" however produces the same results.

Is there a solution to this? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you for time?

Dean

:)

DeanBaker3, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

battery not charging on my hp notebook

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that your laptop’s battery is not charging. We would like to know, if you get a message stating plugged in not charging when hovering the mouse over the battery icon.

If you see the message plugged in not charging, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Battery.
    3. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP articles

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)
    and

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Can't update the HP Pavilion Notebook.

I'm trying to update my system and am getting a message to delete HP Pavilion Notebook - BIOS manually as it is incompatible with the upgrade.

I can't find it to delete it. It's not in the Programs list with the other HP apps.

Any suggestions?

Modified title from: RK

RobertKaroń, Sep 4, 2020
  4. SeB4299 Win User

hp notebook - boot device not found

Hp notebook will not boot. Booting from usb drive shows recovery drive as C:

Just looking at a friends Laptop.

Booting this HP notebook gives a message "Boot Drive not found"

"Please install Hard Disk (3F0)".

Using provided recovery does not work and there are no backups.

I am using a recovery drive from my own HP Notebook to investigate.

Using Diskpart List Disk and Partition I can see a drive with 931gb size and 899gb free

I can see a Partition of 32gb of type Primary. This is the recovery drive which boots as drive C: currently. The old C: drive and partition have vanished.

Looking for another view on this I ran fsutil volume list to show three volume /drive combinations

C:/, D:/and X:/.

The X:/ drive is probably my usb drive.

I tried to get a volume allocation report from D:/ using fsutil and got "The device is not ready". Maybe this is just the DVD drive?single

My questions is. Can I get the drive remapped without losing data.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SeB4299, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

hp notebook - boot device not found

1. hp notebook - boot device not found - Similar Threads - notebook boot device

2. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  3. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  4. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HP Notebook-14df0018wm laptop says "no bootable device found"!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Notebook-14df0018wm laptop says "no bootable device found"!: I have an HP Notebook-14df0018wm laptop. It had the windows 10S but now it has the Windows 11. I received a notification for the Windows 11 update, so I did the update. The laptop worked for a few more days then I went to turn it on one day & it just went to a black screen &...
  6. HP Notebook-14df0018wm laptop says "no bootable device found"!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Notebook-14df0018wm laptop says "no bootable device found"!: I have an HP Notebook-14df0018wm laptop. It had the windows 10S but now it has the Windows 11. I received a notification for the Windows 11 update, so I did the update. The laptop worked for a few more days then I went to turn it on one day & it just went to a black screen &...
  7. Boot Device not found

Boot Device not found: I know there has probably been this error before, but this is different, my HP pc has got an error about Boot Device not found right after i got the BSOD saying my memory was full or something, it turned off without doing the thing of it loading, i tried everything i found, I...
  8. Boot Device Not Found - HP 350 G1

Boot Device Not Found - HP 350 G1: I have a HP 350 G1. I have had the W10 upgrade and has been working great. Today I was going to install a SSD - an upgrade from the original hard drive. I start my laptop, and get a black screen stating Boot Device Not Found Please Install an operating system on your...
  9. HP Laptop “No booting device found”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop “No booting device found”: A few days ago I attempted to reset my HP Laptop, due to some issues. When I tried to reset it, a message appeared saying “There was a problem resetting this PC”. I then went into the Windows Recovery Manager and attempted to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10. An error...
  10. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: Hi, Yesterday I was on my laptop and then it suddenly crashed so I forced powered it off. When I tried to open it again it came up with a black screen saying: Boot device not found Please install and operating system on your hard disk. For more information, please...