Windows 10: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement

Discus and support HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Update January 24th 2017, see: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement On June 14, 2016 HP announced a worldwide voluntary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement

Update January 24th 2017, see: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement

Read more: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program

:)

Brink, Jun 19, 2016

2. Battery Icon says 7% available(plugged in; not charging)

Yes,after gradual use battery begins to wear out.As you said it is an older laptop and diagnosis said it needs replacement,you must replace the battery.I have an HP notebook whose battery lasts for 300 charge cycles.

You should contact dell to get a replacement of the battery.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Latest Windows 10 update will not download

I tried this. Windows can't detect any problems. The make and model of my computer is an HP 15 Notebook (15-r015dx). I don't recall making any changes.

flyingpochama948, Jun 19, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

thanks for this thread -- I have 3 HP envy's of varying age, vintage and capability -- HP still IMO if you want a proper decent laptop computer - they still deliver the goods just fine. Any HP laptop I've ever had has been just fine.

I'm OK though - but thanks again for the warning -- very important too if people take the computers on planes --fire on an aircraft is NOT what passengers need !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 19, 2016
  5. There are a limited number of battery manufacturers so it will probably affect other OEM's like back when they had the problems with batteries exploding.

orlbuckeye, Jun 19, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    UPDATE:

Source: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program

See also: HP Expands Recall of Batteries for HP and Compaq Notebook Computers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement - Similar Threads - Notebook Computer Battery

2. notebook battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notebook battery: hey there, I have a ROG GM501GM gaming note book and since the couple of months i have a problem with my battery. the problem is i cant start my laptop without mine ac adapter so i have to be connected to electricity, but if i turn my laptop on i see that my battery is...
  3. Replacement battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replacement battery: I am having trouble finding a replacement battery for my Pavilion DV5 laptop? I ordered one on Amazon but it is already telling me to replace! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacement-battery/e8388818-2769-46ca-91d8-9ae7c8bce1c8
  4. how to run battery test on hp notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to run battery test on hp notebook: is it possible to run a battery test. while my battery says 60 % it will randomly shut down.. i have been guilty of leaving charger on extended times...
  5. Replace Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Battery: What is the battery specification needed to replace the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-battery/083a85e0-7b39-4d4e-9ae3-8ef5e264848c
  6. what is the exact Model Battery Prox2 No. for HP laptop replacement laptop battery for hp

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what is the exact Model Battery Prox2 No. for HP laptop replacement laptop battery for hp: what is the exact Model Battery Prox2 No. for HP laptop replacement laptop battery for hp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-exact-model-battery-prox2-no-for-hp/3591db4a-022a-471a-97bc-dd5565c809ca
  7. battery not charging on my hp notebook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery not charging on my hp notebook: battery not charging on my hp notebook * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-on-my-hp-notebook/4adafd75-b86a-4df2-b6d1-834bcc403ec2
  8. HP NOTEBOOK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP NOTEBOOK: my question is related with the My notebook HP Blue 14 Stream. it is says Boot Device Not Found Hard disk (3F0) and asking to me Administrator Password which I don't know. [i 85974838] HELP PLEASE !!!!...
  9. notebook hp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notebook hp: Why does my system not respond to commands even typing there is a delay also loose connection to internet 50% of the time when searching the web ? Thank you 74150
  10. HP recalls 50,000 batteries after meltdowns are reported

in Windows 10 News
    HP recalls 50,000 batteries after meltdowns are reported: HP recalls 50,000 batteries from consumer notebooks after meltdowns are reported In January 2018, in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, HP announced a worldwide voluntary safety recall and replacement program for certain notebook computer and...