Windows 10: HP Notebook With DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issues

Discus and support HP Notebook With DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear all, this device HP 255 G5 is equipped with an AMD E2 processor. Every now and then I get BSOD, with error as in subject, at reboot/shutdown,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lou Cool, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Lou Cool Win User

HP Notebook With DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issues

Dear all, this device HP 255 G5 is equipped with an AMD E2 processor.

Every now and then I get BSOD, with error as in subject, at reboot/shutdown, sometimes even at startup.

I replaced AMD SATA driver with the standard driver, ran check disk and sfc /scannow, nothing seems to work.

SSD seems OK, maybe a firmware update is needed, that seems not to be released. It's a Samsung PM 871, 256 GB, I bought used as replacement for a previously installed hard drive.

System is always up-to-date.

Please advise me on how to get rid of this annoying thing, possibly without a new OS install. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

Lou Cool, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

battery not charging on my hp notebook

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that your laptop’s battery is not charging. We would like to know, if you get a message stating plugged in not charging when hovering the mouse over the battery icon.

If you see the message plugged in not charging, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Battery.
    3. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP articles

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)
    and

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Judas Win User
    HP Issues Statement on NVIDIA Mobile GPU: Defects Since November 2007

Have you tried the latest bios anyway s even if its not on the list ?

Judas, Jul 27, 2020
  4. HP Notebook With DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issues

Can't update the HP Pavilion Notebook.

I'm trying to update my system and am getting a message to delete HP Pavilion Notebook - BIOS manually as it is incompatible with the upgrade.

I can't find it to delete it. It's not in the Programs list with the other HP apps.

Any suggestions?

Modified title from: RK

RobertKaroń, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

HP Notebook With DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issues

1. HP Notebook With DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issues - Similar Threads - Notebook DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issues

2. WIFI issue on HP notebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI issue on HP notebook: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list. If I open Network & Sharing Center and go to Change Adapter Settings, the wi-fi icon is not showing at all,...
  3. WIFI issue on HP notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI issue on HP notebook: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. For months now, I have had no wifi icon in the bottom right tray and it does not appear in the Network & Internet settings list. If I open Network & Sharing Center and go to Change Adapter Settings, the wi-fi icon is not showing at all,...
  4. WIFI issue on HP notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hp notebook pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp notebook pc: I have an HP notebook pc 2000-428dx that came preinstalled with windows 7. I Did the windows 10 upgrade. Now I have to replace the hard drive. I have a couple of questions. I'd like to to get a larger memory hard drive but dont know what size i can go up to. Also, I bought...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION issue: A Computer That I Borrowed From A Family Member Mine Was Broken Was Updating When I Got A BSOD With The Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. When It Was Collecting Info, The Percentage Got Stuck At 100%. So I Followed The Steps Of Another Thread From 2014, But When It Turned Back On,...
  7. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FETAL_ERROR on HP notebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FETAL_ERROR on HP notebook: My notebook has been crashing a lot recently and giving me BSoD, the code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FETAL_ERROR it sometimes crashes randomly and sometimes crashes when I try to open the second dedicated GPU app on one windows 10 session, what I mean is: 1, Open an app on NVidia GPU...
  8. HP NOTEBOOK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP NOTEBOOK: my question is related with the My notebook HP Blue 14 Stream. it is says Boot Device Not Found Hard disk (3F0) and asking to me Administrator Password which I don't know. [i 85974838] HELP PLEASE !!!!...
  9. HP G6000 Notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP G6000 Notebook: I'm searching a driver for coprozessor for Windows 10 Pro ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-g6000-notebook/587e930d-0347-4ee6-beeb-93ec58bc2ab6
  10. notebook hp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notebook hp: Why does my system not respond to commands even typing there is a delay also loose connection to internet 50% of the time when searching the web ? Thank you 74150