Windows 10: HP Officejet 8720 scan function can't find printer after W10 upgrade

Discus and support HP Officejet 8720 scan function can't find printer after W10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I did the W10 install the printer worked, and I thought I was all ok until I tried to scan today. The printer is connected via USB. Print and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Judy in Texas, Jan 16, 2020.

1. HP Officejet 8720 scan function can't find printer after W10 upgrade

After I did the W10 install the printer worked, and I thought I was all ok until I tried to scan today.

The printer is connected via USB.

Print and Scan Doctor said it couldn't find the printer. When I press the scan button on the printer it says it can't find the computer.

I can't get the information I need from HP. The printer is out of warranty and the virtual agent doesn't understand my question.

I was impressed that the USB connection for the printing function migrated seamlessly to w10, because it was very hard to set up initially n W7. But I need to scan too!

As usual, I would appreciate your help

:)

Judy in Texas, Jan 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 will not install driver for HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer

Just purchased an HP Officejet Pro 8720. Having the same issues with Windows 10. Not able to download HP drivers using Windows Installer. Windows Installer doesn't work with it. I can actually print from computer and Android, that's it. Don't even know yet
    if I can scan.

The 8720 program isn't even listed within Windows 10 apps list, and no shortcut icons on desktop for printer, scan, etc. Dell told me my computer was 6 years old and hardware wasn't compatible with the printer drivers. Either restore to Windows 7 or buy
    a new computer to solve the problem. They said some applications may install just fine, but others may not. And in my case, 8720 printer drivers didn't.

Any ideas of links to offer welcomed.

SharonBenedict, Jan 16, 2020
  3. HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 wireless printer that I can not get to print

Hi,

As OEM HP is responsible for the proper operation of the printer/scanner

and their supplied drivers. Check with HP Support, their on-line documentation

and drivers, and ask in their forums.

Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows (10, 8/8.1, 7, Vista, and XP)

Official HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows | Free Download hppsdr.exe

Good chance you need to update or re-install the latest available driver.

HP - OfficeJet Pro 8720 - Drivers <-- set to your version of Windows

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Support/Troubleshooting & Drivers

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Contact HP

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

HP Forums

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/

================================================

Windows 10 - Fix printer problems <- Printer troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Windows 10 Support

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 16, 2020
  4. HP Officejet 8720 scan function can't find printer after W10 upgrade

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 wireless printer that I can not get to print

I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 wireless printer that I can not get to print. Do you have an answer to what I should

do to fix this problem? Please get back to me.

SUSANGOETTSCH, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

HP Officejet 8720 scan function can't find printer after W10 upgrade

1. HP Officejet 8720 scan function can't find printer after W10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Officejet 8720 scan

2. Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer: Update KB5015684 installed last night 11/14/22 and today the scan function on my printer gave following error "The HP OfficeJet 4650 series was not found". However, printer will print but not scan. Deleted the update and scan function works again. You need to fix this bug....
  3. Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer: Update KB5015684 installed last night 11/14/22 and today the scan function on my printer gave following error "The HP OfficeJet 4650 series was not found". However, printer will print but not scan. Deleted the update and scan function works again. You need to fix this bug....
  4. Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP OfficeJet 7200 scanning software

HP OfficeJet 7200 scanning software: I have a HP OfficeJet 7210 All-in-One printer. Every time I get an update for window 10, I can no longer use my software HP to scan documents/pdf files.I believe it removes or changes printer drivers. This problem stated with Acrobat software changes or removing...
  6. HP Officejet 5740 printer

HP Officejet 5740 printer: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Desktop computer. Last week I changed internet provider and have not been able to print since on my HP Officejet 5740 printer. Now I cannot print and I get the "Printer in an error state" message. I have removed the device, checked for...
  7. HP OfficeJet printer 7510

HP OfficeJet printer 7510: I get error message "problem with printhead" when I try to print a document. Can the printer be repaired, if so , how ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-printer-7510/57648d8c-dfb3-45aa-8be0-e5019dbccfbd
  8. HP 8720 Printer stopped working -- "Driver Unavailable" ???

HP 8720 Printer stopped working -- "Driver Unavailable" ???: I have a Lenova Yoga running WIndows 10. When I go to Printers and Settings, under my printer it says Driver is Unavailable. I tried reinstalling and I tried following instructions outlined by HP help and nothing changes. I read elsewhere on here to install the driver in...
  9. HP 6500 Officejet will print but not scan

HP 6500 Officejet will print but not scan: I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer due to the fact that it would print but not scan. I can now print again but do not have the Device Manager to test scanning...
  10. hp officejet 6600; scan not working

hp officejet 6600; scan not working: The scan feature isn''t working. After pressing scan, computer, I get a msg saying "no computer found". have checked cable from computer to printer--- it seems fine. Printer will copy. Windows 10 was recently updated and I installed a new antivirus scanner....