Windows 10: HP Officejet printer keeps going offline only on Windows 10

Discus and support HP Officejet printer keeps going offline only on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 printers (Epson & HP Officejet) & 2 computers (Windows 10 & Windows XP). Every time I reboot my Win10 machine (& sometimes even if I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phrab, Mar 28, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

HP Officejet printer keeps going offline only on Windows 10

I have 2 printers (Epson & HP Officejet) & 2 computers (Windows 10 & Windows XP). Every time I reboot my Win10 machine (& sometimes even if I don't reboot), my HP printer goes offline, but just on my Win10 machine. I have no problem with it working on my WinXP machine. And the Epson always is available on both machines.

I can reconnect the HP printer by unplugging the printer & plugging it in again, but this happens almost daily & is very annoying. I also notice that in Windows XP, when I right click a printer shortcut, the context menu has an option to "use printer offline" or "use printer online". No such option appears when I right click a printer shortcut on my Win10 machine.

The only thing I notice different is that my HP printer is connected via ethernet to Win10 (but I think also through WiFi) but my WinXP machine accesses the HP printer only through WiFi (image attached).Is there a network or printer setting that I'm overlooking that keeps causing this problem?

Thank you in advance,

HP Officejet printer keeps going offline only on Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

phrab, Mar 28, 2019

2. HP printer keeps telling me it is offline.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I suggest that you refer the following help article by HP support and try the steps provided to fix this issue.

HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Bill Smithers, Mar 28, 2019
  4. HP Officejet printer keeps going offline only on Windows 10

HP officejet 4500 printer is not working after upgrading to Windows 10

I have an HP OfficeJet 4500 all in one printer. Since I upgraded to windows 10 my scanner doesn't work. Any suggested fixes?

Original title: hp officejet 4500

HenryAndrews, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

HP Officejet printer keeps going offline only on Windows 10

1. HP Officejet printer keeps going offline only on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Officejet printer keeps

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  4. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  5. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. HP officejet pro 8610 printer offline

HP officejet pro 8610 printer offline: How can I get my HP office Pro 8610 printer back online?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-printer-offline/e5e3a163-fadc-4c4d-92e3-b93f868e25b1
  7. Printers Keep Going Offline

Printers Keep Going Offline: We're having issues with our printers keep going offline & we're unable to print. This is happening with both of our wireless printers (Brother MFC6930DW & HP T120) indicating this is a problem with Windows 10 Professional & not the printers. If we delete the printers & add...
  8. printer keeps going offline

printer keeps going offline: My printer Epson XP 446-- keeps going offline and now it says "not connected" in the devices-printers and scanners page. The printer. is set as default, Microsoft is not managing it, "use printer offline" is not checked. I have Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. All updates...
  9. HP OfficeJet Pro 8630 shows offline

in Windows 10 Support
    HP OfficeJet Pro 8630 shows offline: additionally second 250 sheet input-plate for aggregate of 500 sheet limit paper sizes bolstered: Letter; Legal; Government Legal; Executive; Statement; 3×5 in; 4×6 in; 5×7 in; 13×18 cm; 8×10 in; 10×15 cm; L; Photo 2L; Envelope( #10, Monarch, 5.5bar); Card (3×5 in, 4×6 in,...
  10. HP Officejet Printer offline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Officejet Printer offline in Windows 10: I recently installed black cartridge on my HP Office Jet 3831 printer. When I tried to print, an error message - HP printer offline ( I am able to print Printer info details and can photocopy using the settings from the printer but cant print docs from the PC) ....