Windows 10: HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

Discus and support HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After installing Windows 11, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color. Only gives me a choice of grayscale or monochrome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lady_C_G, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Lady_C_G Win User

HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

After installing Windows 11, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color. Only gives me a choice of grayscale or monochrome.

:)

Lady_C_G, Dec 30, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro)

I have an 8620, which should work the same way. I just installed the defaults from the HP install program.
    Here is the Properties, Security section for my printer. I've blocked out my name.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color [​IMG]

fireberd, Dec 30, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Dec 30, 2021
  4. HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 Not Working on Windows 10

"The solution ended up being very easy compared to all of the other solutions out there, my advice is don't waste you time on those before you try this.

After trying many of the things mentioned above and of course uninstalling and reinstalling complete driver package, the solution for me after was to go to Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver go through
    the wizard and choose HP and then Officejet Pro 8600 Class. I think the problem is the driver that HP is providing for the Officejet Pro 8610 -- it just doesn't work with Windows 10. After changing to the Officejet Pro 8600 Class printing started working.
    Didn't try scanning because user
    didn't need it."

Hey man, I really appreciate you taking the time to lay out what worked for you. I just spent a few hours trying to figure out why I was having the same problem as many out there with an HP officejet 8610 and Windows 10. Strange thing is I bought a new
    surface 4 a few weeks ago and was able to set it up with the HP. Then I accidentally shutdown the surface pro before it was down printing something (pretty dumb I know) and that started a long headache of trying to get my HP to print using wireless.

Your suggestion was the first one that actually worked.

Don't know if I'm going to be having this problem all over again at some point but at least I'm printing now...much appreciated.

Strange thing is that when I look at the printer properties, it says the Driver is the 8610, not the 8600 Class that I chose.

Care none...thanks again.

TerrapinVZ, Dec 30, 2021
Thema:

HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

1. HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color - Similar Threads - OfficeJet Pro 8610

2. HP 8610 Printer suddenly stopped printing in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 8610 Printer suddenly stopped printing in color: Hello, I have an HP 8610 all in one printer and HP desktop running Windows 10. The printer suddenly stopped printing in color for the 3rd time in less than one year. I have uninstalled the printer and all the drivers each time. Most recently, was 3 weeks ago and therefore I...
  3. HP 8610 Printer suddenly stopped printing in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 8610 Printer suddenly stopped printing in color: Hello, I have an HP 8610 all in one printer and HP desktop running Windows 10. The printer suddenly stopped printing in color for the 3rd time in less than one year. I have uninstalled the printer and all the drivers each time. Most recently, was 3 weeks ago and therefore I...
  4. HP 8610 Printer suddenly stopped printing in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.: Windows 10 64bitOutlook 2019Emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610. They printed the day before.The printer screen says "Canceling print". You can hear the printer starting then stopping.There are no prints in the print queue but all other programs on the computer print...
  6. Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.

Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.: Windows 10 64bitOutlook 2019Emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610. They printed the day before.The printer screen says "Canceling print". You can hear the printer starting then stopping.There are no prints in the print queue but all other programs on the computer print...
  7. Outlook 2019 emails won't print to HP Officejet Pro 8610 but all other programs print.

8. HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color: After installing Windows 11, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color. Only gives me a choice of grayscale or monochrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-will-not-print-in-color/ce8d6cf8-14d9-49a9-b173-ac662ea0112b
  9. HP officejet pro 8610 printer offline

HP officejet pro 8610 printer offline: How can I get my HP office Pro 8610 printer back online?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-printer-offline/e5e3a163-fadc-4c4d-92e3-b93f868e25b1
  10. HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro)

HP OfficeJet 8610 Requires Admin Privileges to Print (W10 Pro): So a few months ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (I did a clean install, not an upgrade). My HP OfficeJet Pro 8610, which worked without issue with my previous OS (8.1 Pro), is not working properly with Windows 10. After lots of tinkering, I narrowed down the issue to...