Windows 10: Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue.

Discus and support Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past 2 months my laptop (HP Omen 15) has been having issues with wifi. No other device in the house has this issue (laptops, xbox, tv, phones)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by InterstellarSailor, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue.

For the past 2 months my laptop (HP Omen 15) has been having issues with wifi. No other device in the house has this issue (laptops, xbox, tv, phones) but my laptop does. My laptop is currently the closest device to the router and does say it has full bars of connection yet it is perhaps the slowest. Often my wifi speed will slow down drastically. Other times I'll attempt to surf the web with my internet browser but many times my browser will say I'm not connected when I clearly am. This is starting to get frustrating and I'm starting to wonder if this is truly a ISP issue or perhaps something wrong with my laptop.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

:)

InterstellarSailor, Jul 4, 2019

2. Wifi Issues HP Omen 15_ce019dx

Wifi issues all the time with laptop machine, why not sure exactly, phone has great signal, so does our smart tv, and all in same room

Antivirus installed on Laptop: Avast Free 19.2.2364 (latest version)
    All HP Updates, and Windows Updates installed

Sometimes connects and shows unidentified network/public firewall, usually resetting wifi adapter fixes that, right now connection is holding fine, did also restart netgear c7100v gateway

AMDMan2016, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Help diagnose connection issue

I think the OP should look into other ISP options available in their area. Sounds like an issue between signal quality locally and possibly on the WAN side as well. But if it is a pain to get service from a place you're paying for service, I'd be dropping them like a bad habit unless there's no other options.

A couple things I would do is to run a constant ping against the router's IP address and something like Google.

• Click start
    • Type CMD
    • Type ipconfig , document the default gateway as that is the IP address for your router. Common ones are 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1. There are others, but I see those three the most as defaults for home-grade routers.
    • Type Ping -t 192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router's IP address is)
    • Open another CMD console (repeat first two steps)
    • Type Ping -t google.com
    Now keep an eye on the ms responses, try to do this at a time when things are good and a time when things are not good. If they're both all over the place its likely a router issue. If just Google is all over the place it is more likely to be your ISP's issue.

A lot of home-grade wireless routers will struggle with more than 5 simultaneous users, but you state that the issues occur when most folks are gone. That leads me to believe that there could be a couple of things happening here. But let me ask a few questions and see where we go. Sorry I have a lot to ask and am very curious about this situation, and hopefully these will help give us direction to getting your issues solved.

What kind of internet service do you have?

Cable? DSL? Line-of-sight wireless? Satellite?...most homebrew ISP's are the Line-of-sight so I'm assuming that's what it is for now.

LoS ISP's can have more outages leading to lower reliability, and they usually have lower quality help with some issues..especially if they're stretched thin over their area. We have a lot of local guys, they all start promising...every one of them ends up being subpar and assholes to deal with .​
    Do these issues occur at the same time of day or is it more random?

You mention a 120ms ping, how are you measuring this?

You also say locally to 120ms, which would be pretty bad actually for a small LAN. You should see 1-10ms in most cases. Can you clarify this?

What are you most frequently doing when the network has these issues? Downloading? Browsing?

I ask the above because viewing and downloading certain content can be detected and filtered by ISP's at which point they will throttle your service...so if it is illegal, then that's getting flagged. Not saying you are, but throwing that out there because it happens. Though in many cases, at least in my area, you'll also receive a warning letter in the mail.​
    As suggested above you could also try another router hooking it up to the LAN port that you had your other PC connected to.

Also as suggested above, you could run Wireshark. Though I have a feeling with the wireless signal issues, something else is at play here.

Does the modem/router reboot frequently as well?

Can you provide us with the make/model of the modem/router please?

Where are you measuring your wireless network's dB signal rating?

Have you tried Acrylic?

Would you and post a screenshot here after say 10 minutes?

If I had to just shoot from the hip and just guess, I'd go with a failing router. With all the wireless network variability issues, the dropouts even on LAN... but line/signal quality from the ISP infrastructure/devices also sounds like a possibility.

Hopefully we'll get ya sorted! A lot of good suggestions that I've seen so far and hopefully we can help you pinpoint what the issue is and where to go from here. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue.

Help diagnose connection issue

Only other thing is to drop the profile speed, sounds like training and dropping, unless he is getting sync no service condition

eidairaman1, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue.

1. Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue. - Similar Threads - Omen having issues

2. Having some wifi connecting issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having some wifi connecting issues: I was in the middle of watching anime when my wifi unexpectedly disconnected. I have tried to connect to other Wi-Fi networks, but my system refused. I am forced to reboot my system, but the same problem occurs after an hour and a half.Please help me out with this this is...
  3. Issues with my Omen Vector 15 PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with my Omen Vector 15 PC: So, recently my PC stopped working. I could not select anything on my taskpar besides internet explorer, and when I imput a few cmds to bring up setting it told me I had a special account. Now, I cannot sign in. My pin dosen't work, and I cannot reset it, nor can I use a...
  4. Mixlr not connecting on HP Omen 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixlr not connecting on HP Omen 15: I got my HP OMEN 15 last year and started using Mixlr on it. It worked perfectly but I noticed sometimes it does not connect until i try again and it does.After a few months, it stopped working totally. I click try again and it does not connect. Below is the error message I...
  5. Mixlr not connecting on HP Omen 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mixlr not connecting on HP Omen 15: I got my HP OMEN 15 last year and started using Mixlr on it. It worked perfectly but I noticed sometimes it does not connect until i try again and it does.After a few months, it stopped working totally. I click try again and it does not connect. Below is the error message I...
  6. WiFi Issues on Omen 25L PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Issues on Omen 25L PC.: I recently purchased this pc, and always had it on an ethernet connection. Now, however, I need to connect wirelessly to my home network. Every time I try, it shows extremely low internet strength, even though I am very close to the router, and other devices connect perfectly...
  7. Issue factory resetting HP Omen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue factory resetting HP Omen: Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've factory reset my PC and I'm pretty sure it has a virus and I just wanna factory reset to get it running well again. Whenever I go through the advanced restart and select wipe all drives it starts the process gets to 3% then quits back out...
  8. HP Omen 15-dc1xxx Thunderbolt 3 issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Omen 15-dc1xxx Thunderbolt 3 issue: Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me.. I have an issue with the Thunderbolt on my new HP Omen 15". When connecting a video capture card ( AJA IO XT ) Windows recognizes it but the popup menu saying that "this thunderbolt device is not certified for pc use " does...
  9. Wifi Issues HP Omen 15_ce019dx

Wifi Issues HP Omen 15_ce019dx: Wifi issues all the time with laptop machine, why not sure exactly, phone has great signal, so does our smart tv, and all in same room Antivirus installed on Laptop: Avast Free 19.2.2364 (latest version) All HP Updates, and Windows Updates installed Sometimes connects and...
  10. HP Omen 15_ce019dx issue with Wifi Private/Public Network

HP Omen 15_ce019dx issue with Wifi Private/Public Network: Hello There Using Avast Free Antivirus 18.6.2349 on this PC for now til Fall Update 1809 i think, anyways sometimes when i boot up it doesn't even seem to connect to home lan right, says unidentified network, and Public with Internet Access, resetting the wifi adapter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp omen 15 no wifi problem