Windows 10: HP Omen 15_ce019dx issue with Wifi Private/Public Network

Discus and support HP Omen 15_ce019dx issue with Wifi Private/Public Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello There Using Avast Free Antivirus 18.6.2349 on this PC for now til Fall Update 1809 i think, anyways sometimes when i boot up it doesn't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMDMan2016, Sep 5, 2018.

1. HP Omen 15_ce019dx issue with Wifi Private/Public Network

Hello There

Using Avast Free Antivirus 18.6.2349 on this PC for now til Fall Update 1809 i think, anyways sometimes when i boot up it doesn't even seem to connect to home lan right, says unidentified network, and Public with Internet Access, resetting the wifi adapter sometimes works, or forgetting and restarting and reconnecting/inputting security key again then works.

Same on Desktop with Ethernet once in a while for some reason, is it related to Avast Free? (Desktop doing clean install soon as 1809 released)

or is it a problem with my Netgear C7100V Gateway?

:)

AMDMan2016, Sep 5, 2018

2. HP Omen Windows 10 Laptop Wifi Public/Private Network issue

Yes No cleaners, Previously Avast Free and Now Defender and Malwarebytes Free, Only hp software installed I think is omen audio control, ill have to check what else when on that system tomorrow.

Can do clean install though after I backup a few data files

List of Software Currently Installed that is from HP, and Drivers that are installed

HP 3D DriveGuard Software
    HP Coolsense Technlogy
    HP Elite USB C Docking Station Drivers
    HP Image Enhancement for System Logon
    HP Orbit
    HP Recovery Manger
    HP Support Assistant
    HP System Event Utility
    Omen Command Center

Intel Rapid Storage Technlogy Driver
    Realtek Card Reader Driver

HP Truevision Full HD RGB-IR Webacm Driver 1709/1803
    HP WIreless button driver
    Synaptics Touchpad Driver 1709/1803

AMDMan2016, Sep 5, 2018
  3. matake Win User
    configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Sep 5, 2018
  4. HP Omen 15_ce019dx issue with Wifi Private/Public Network

Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Omen 15_ce019dx issue with Wifi Private/Public Network

1. HP Omen 15_ce019dx issue with Wifi Private/Public Network - Similar Threads - Omen 15_ce019dx issue

2. Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?: I am a home user. I am confused as I read different descriptions of Public and Private and where they are used. What should my Home Wifi and Network Firewall be set as? Are the Wifi settings and Network Firewall settings two different Public and Private settings? 1. Windows...
  3. Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?: I am a home user. I am confused as I read different descriptions of Public and Private and where they are used. What should my Home Wifi and Network Firewall be set as? Are the Wifi settings and Network Firewall settings two different Public and Private settings? 1. Windows...
  4. Public/Private WiFi Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public/Private WiFi Connections: Hi,Just setting up Windows 11 for the first time and the public vs private seems back to front with the description and recommendation.Am I missing something??...
  5. Public/Private WiFi Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public/Private WiFi Connections: Hi,Just setting up Windows 11 for the first time and the public vs private seems back to front with the description and recommendation.Am I missing something??...
  6. Public or Private network question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public or Private network question: OK so in in Windows 10 you can choose whether your computer is on public or private network. I did my homework so I know that Private is recommended for home and it makes your PC discovarable and opens file sharing and public is recommended for public places like coffee shops...
  7. Public and private WiFi settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Public and private WiFi settings: It's completely disappeared from the WiFi options in the settings menu. Does anybody know where it's moved to? Every time I update Windows it causes havoc with my WiFi by setting every network to public and I've searched everywhere. submitted by /u/PerryDigital [link]...
  8. Public or Private Network

Public or Private Network: Hello, May I ask: Should a home PC user select (from their network properties) the Public or Private Network Option? I don't want my PC to be viewed or discoverable by any neighbors in the WiFi Network. I will not be file sharing. Just simply want security. Thanks...
  9. Wifi Issues HP Omen 15_ce019dx

Wifi Issues HP Omen 15_ce019dx: Wifi issues all the time with laptop machine, why not sure exactly, phone has great signal, so does our smart tv, and all in same room Antivirus installed on Laptop: Avast Free 19.2.2364 (latest version) All HP Updates, and Windows Updates installed Sometimes connects and...
  10. HP Omen Windows 10 Laptop Wifi Public/Private Network issue

HP Omen Windows 10 Laptop Wifi Public/Private Network issue: Hello All No matter what I do, it just won't stay on Private network, removing forgetting the wifi network and restarting doesn't help, troubleshooter doesn't help, is it time for another darn system fresh start refresh? Previously was running Avast Free on the system,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP Omen 15_ce019dx wifi issues

2. HP 15_ce019dx wireless issues