Windows 10: HP P1005 Laserjet Printer Doesn't Appear in Settings

Discus and support HP P1005 Laserjet Printer Doesn't Appear in Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP P1005 Laserjet printer appears as the default printer under printers and prints fine. However, it doesn't appear in Settings / Devices / Printers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

HP P1005 Laserjet Printer Doesn't Appear in Settings

My HP P1005 Laserjet printer appears as the default printer under printers and prints fine. However, it doesn't appear in Settings / Devices / Printers & Scanners nor under Control Panel / Devices & Printers.

Is there a fix or maybe the driver is just too old?

:)

Steve C, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

setting hp laserjet p1005 prihter with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting you query on the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error message do you receive when you try to print any document?

• Did you made any system changes prior to this issue?

• Does this issue persist while printing from specific app or from all programs/app?

• Is printer connected to PC with wired connection or wireless connection?

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode
      section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.
    Refer the link below.

HP LaserJet P1005 Printer - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Pawan1709, Mar 10, 2019
  3. PBi22 Win User
    HP Laserjet P1005

A recent automatic computer update has deleted my HP1005 printer from the 'Printers' on my computer and moved it to 'Unspecified Devices'. I have followed internet instructions and deleted the printer from 'Unspecified Devices', but when I try to install
    the printer, the P1005 model is not included in your list of models to download. ( I have had the printer for some time, and no longer have the disk to use.) Can you advise how I can reinstall LaserJet P1005 on my computer. I am using Windows 7.

Many thanks

PBi22, Mar 10, 2019
  4. ManosGR. Win User

setting hp laserjet p1005 prihter with Windows 10

In the middle of the installation proccess, it shows the following message: "printer software installer stopped working "

ManosGR., Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. HP P1005 Laserjet Printer Doesn't Appear in Settings - Similar Threads - P1005 Laserjet Printer

2. HP laserjet 1012 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laserjet 1012 printer: I purchased a new desktop, a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 10 or 11. I can't seem to get my "old" printer to work with it. It shows up in my device settings but won't print a test page. I'm unable to locate drivers for it on Dell's website. Is my printer simply too old for...
  3. HP laserjet 1012 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laserjet 1012 printer: I purchased a new desktop, a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 10 or 11. I can't seem to get my "old" printer to work with it. It shows up in my device settings but won't print a test page. I'm unable to locate drivers for it on Dell's website. Is my printer simply too old for...
  4. HP LASERJET 1007 PRINTER NOT PRINTING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP LASERJET 1007 PRINTER NOT PRINTING: Hello...I have recently updated my pc from windows 7 to windows 10.. PC is connected with HP LJ 1007 printer...Test print is ok but no print I get after giving print command....Many times driver and printer reinstalled..Checked Services.msc and found spooler and other print...
  5. Printer problem- HP LaserJet 1018

Printer problem- HP LaserJet 1018: Split from this thread. HP LaserJet 1018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problem-hp-laserjet-1018/c2bef6ec-6228-44f8-b8fb-67e77be77b9a
  6. HP Printer Laserjet P4014n conectivity

HP Printer Laserjet P4014n conectivity: I'm having trouble connecting my HP P4014n printer, it was working and stopped, I deleted and reinstalled the driver and deleted and reinstalled the printer....
  7. HP 3390 LaserJet printer

HP 3390 LaserJet printer: I have a problem with my HP 3390 laserjet printer. I connected it to my new Surface laptop but cannot use it. Can you help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-3390-laserjet-printer/a74a2323-12a2-4215-9d0a-5152cc121e18
  8. Remove HP LaserJet Printer Bloatware?

Remove HP LaserJet Printer Bloatware?: I've been naughty and installed a non-HP cartridge in my LaserJet P1005. I now get a nag screen about using a non HP cartridge when I print. I disabled the service hpsupportsolutionsframeworkservice.exe in Autoruns which stops the nag screen. The programs shown below were...
  9. UNINSTALLING HP Laserjet 1320 Printer

UNINSTALLING HP Laserjet 1320 Printer: I have an old printer (HP LaserJet 1320) installed in my windows 10 notebook. As the printer is not working fully as expected (i.e. the printer only prints only one copy of a document when it is asked to print several copies at a time), I was advised to uninstall the printer...
  10. hp color laserjet 3600n printer

hp color laserjet 3600n printer: how do i install driver for this printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-color-laserjet-3600n-printer/b5efc1ed-a20f-4990-b6e7-eaf5aec6485c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install hp p1005 windows 10 1909