Windows 10: HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming

Discus and support HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I have a HP Pavilion 15-bc516ns, Windows 10 v1909 (18363.900) installed yesterday having previously deleted all and every partition of the SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by d344, Jun 22, 2020.

1. d344 Win User

HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming

Hello!

I have a HP Pavilion 15-bc516ns, Windows 10 v1909 (18363.900) installed yesterday having previously deleted all and every partition of the SSD. I installed the drivers from HERE (audio, chipset, graphics and network), and after that I connected to internet to let Windows Update do the rest. My BIOS version is up to date.

I've been having this problem for more than a month, with many windows fresh installs, and even send this laptop to HP support. They said there was a problem with the GPU, and replaced the motherboard. Still, the same issue persist. They refuse to give software support because the laptop was sold with FreeDOS and not Windows.

HP test suite (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics) showed no hardware problems, yet an OCCT 3D test running on the GTX 1650 detected errors after no more than 5 minutes. I've been able to run it for more than 2 hours with no errors detected after I underclocked both core and memory clocks by -100MHz with MSI Afterburner.
    With this "stable" frequencies, I played Black Mesa for about 1 hour, before I got the crashes I've always had. I attach the events logged in the time between the crash happened and the PC came back to normal.
    I haven't installed this time Payday 2 or Borderlands, but they were causing the same issues after some minutes of play. I've even had these crashes watching Discord streams.

Any help, hint, advice is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Diego

:)

2. bobkn Win User

SDIMM upgrade for Hp Pavilion 15.6 laptop cs0064st

The Pavilion is spec'd for a maximum of 16 GB (2 X 8GB). I suggest checking here: RAM & SSD Upgrades | HP - Compaq Pavilion 15-cs0064st | Crucial.com. You may be able to find RAM elsewhere (like Newegg.com) more cheaply, though.

32 GB of Optane memory sounds like a cache for a spinning hard drive. Is that what you have? If you upgrade the main drive to an SSD, the optane cache will be of little or no use. (No harm, just pointless.)

bobkn, Jun 22, 2020
  3. HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

HP reimagines OMEN 15 laptop and introduces Pavilion Gaming 16

Source: HP reimagines OMEN 15 laptop and introduces Pavilion Gaming 16 | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming - Similar Threads - Pavilion bc516ns crashes

2. HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion 15-bc516ns, Windows 10 v1909 (18363.900) installed yesterday having previously deleted all and every partition of the SSD. I installed the drivers from HERE (audio, chipset, graphics and network), and after that I connected to internet to let...
  3. HP reimagines OMEN 15 laptop and introduces Pavilion Gaming 16

in Windows 10 News
    HP reimagines OMEN 15 laptop and introduces Pavilion Gaming 16: The HP OMEN 15 arrives with its smallest footprint yet with a frame that’s 8% shorter and 11% thinner, featuring a redesigned chassis. A new 180-degree flat hinge design for increased stability supports a 15.6-inch diagonal display with options up to FHD 300 Hz or...
  4. My crashed hp pavilion dv2000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My crashed hp pavilion dv2000: i want to redo it from the groundvup where should i start? * Moved from Garage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-crashed-hp-pavilion-dv2000/70a65bf7-c214-465b-a2c6-fe2e7e1d810c
  5. Games crashing after 15 minutes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games crashing after 15 minutes?: Hi all, recently built a pc consisting of the following Gigabyte Aorus B450m Board Ryzen 5 3600x Radeon 5700xt 16gb Corsair vengeance rg pro 3200mhz 2x8gb Samsung m.2 500gb 970 pro Thermaltake BX1 750W Bronze power supply Nzxt Kraken AIO cooler Unfortunately after 15...
  6. Crashing while Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing while Gaming: Computer keeps crashing randomly while playing League of Legends/TFT. Doesn't appear to happen during any other activity. Memory was tested and passed. Pretty sure it's a driver problem but I can't pinpoint where and this problem is driving me nuts. Please see post here for...
  7. HP Pavilion 15-cs2051od - No way to change scrolling options?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Pavilion 15-cs2051od - No way to change scrolling options?: I've been looking EVERYWHERE on this computer on how to change the scroll settings. Right now, if I scroll down, it brings me back to the top of the page. I want it to do the opposite. When I am scrolling down, I want to view down the page. But I've looked under every...
  8. WINDOWS 10 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 MAGIC MOUSE 2 SCROLL PROBLEMİ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 MAGIC MOUSE 2 SCROLL PROBLEMİ: Merhaba; HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 | Windows 10 kullanıcıyım. Magic Mouse 2 kullanıyorum. 3. parti bir uygulama kullanıyordum, ancak deneme süresi dolduktan sonra SCROLL ( aşağı ve yukarı kaydırma ) çalışmamaya başladı. APPLE destek birimi maalesef yardımcı olamadı....
  9. hp pavilion running slow with websites and gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion running slow with websites and gaming: i have an hp pavilion desktop 510-a010, and I purchased it 2 years ago, back in late august of 2016. ever since I have had it, I have noticed that it is pretty impossible to play a game on this computer, and a lot of websites I go on to read, shop, etc. lag often. the only...
  10. Pinch and Zoom keep resetting on HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pinch and Zoom keep resetting on HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa: Product Name: HP Pavilion 15-ab045sa 15.6 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I am getting really annoyed! in Mouse and touchpad settings I don't want pinch and zoom enabled! So I disable it only to find out when I restart the computer, it has enabled itself...