Windows 10: HP Pavilion 15 Gaming running Windows 10 20H2 No Longer Connects to the Internet

Discus and support HP Pavilion 15 Gaming running Windows 10 20H2 No Longer Connects to the Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I am suffering from an issue regarding my WiFi connection. After powering on my computer, I found that it was no longer connected to WiFi. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steven Psindler, Jan 7, 2021.

1. HP Pavilion 15 Gaming running Windows 10 20H2 No Longer Connects to the Internet

Hello! I am suffering from an issue regarding my WiFi connection. After powering on my computer, I found that it was no longer connected to WiFi. This is not unusual, as my computer frequently disconnects from the Internet after powering on or after restarting. However, instead of displaying the usual list of network connections, it just displays a link to Internet and Network Settings in Settings and a button to turn on Airplane Mode. I tried the usual fixes; restarting, attempting to update drivers, and more. Here are the following things I tried.

• Attempting to update all my drivers in Device Manager. I searched for them automatically and Windows said the best drivers for my device were already found. There was a little yellow warning triangle next to the majority of them, but I have no idea what that could mean.
    • I reset my network connections, as in made Windows uninstall and reinstall all my drivers. This yielded no results.
    • I went to control panel to enable network finding or whatever it's called. I thought this would allow my computer to find some networks, but this did not work either and the problem continued.
    • I typed netsh wlan show networks into command prompt. All it said was "No network connections found."

I'm at a loss. My laptop is basically useless without a connection to the Internet. I have to use my school Chromebook for basic browser tasks, but there's not a whole lot I can do without a connection to the Internet.

:)

Steven Psindler, Jan 7, 2021

2. HP Pavilion won't connect to internet

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the internet troubleshooter, by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open, click View All,
      located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection, and run the in build troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Jan 7, 2021
  3. d344 Win User
    HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming

Hello!

I have a HP Pavilion 15-bc516ns, Windows 10 v1909 (18363.900) installed yesterday having previously deleted all and every partition of the SSD. I installed the drivers from HERE (audio, chipset, graphics and network), and after that I connected to internet to let Windows Update do the rest. My BIOS version is up to date.

I've been having this problem for more than a month, with many windows fresh installs, and even send this laptop to HP support. They said there was a problem with the GPU, and replaced the motherboard. Still, the same issue persist. They refuse to give software support because the laptop was sold with FreeDOS and not Windows.

HP test suite (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics) showed no hardware problems, yet an OCCT 3D test running on the GTX 1650 detected errors after no more than 5 minutes. I've been able to run it for more than 2 hours with no errors detected after I underclocked both core and memory clocks by -100MHz with MSI Afterburner.
    With this "stable" frequencies, I played Black Mesa for about 1 hour, before I got the crashes I've always had. I attach the events logged in the time between the crash happened and the PC came back to normal.
    I haven't installed this time Payday 2 or Borderlands, but they were causing the same issues after some minutes of play. I've even had these crashes watching Discord streams.

Any help, hint, advice is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Diego

d344, Jan 7, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

HP Pavilion 15 Gaming running Windows 10 20H2 No Longer Connects to the Internet

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

HP Pavilion 15 Gaming running Windows 10 20H2 No Longer Connects to the Internet

1. HP Pavilion 15 Gaming running Windows 10 20H2 No Longer Connects to the Internet - Similar Threads - Pavilion Gaming running

2. BSOD on windows 11 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on windows 11 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx.: Hello! I received several times BSOD and almost each of them with a different error. I will attach below the minidump files and the photos of BSOD. I search on internet methods to fix the problem, but none of them working.This methods included: reinstalling graphic driver;...
  3. BSOD on windows 11 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on windows 11 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx.: Hello! I received several times BSOD and almost each of them with a different error. I will attach below the minidump files and the photos of BSOD. I search on internet methods to fix the problem, but none of them working.This methods included: reinstalling graphic driver;...
  4. i have an hp pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have an hp pavilion 15: hi i have a pavilion 15 it came with windows 7, but got a free update, 10 years down the line to today ive had to take to a store for factory reboot, but now its telling me the windows 10 which was installed in my laptop at the repair shop is saying not activated, i thought...
  5. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  6. Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15: Bluetooth Drivers for Hp in windows 10 Model HP pavilion. I have tried all options first it was working well with mediatek BT adaptor and now it automatically takes ralink drivers. When I try to add Bluetooth it say no Bluetooth available in PC I have tried almost all...
  7. Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15: I have tried most solutions in the internet. It has been 2 years since my last windows update. I am currently stuck in windows v 1803 and cannot update further. I have tried most of the solutions given in the internet and yet somehow it still manages to fail. After 90% of the...
  8. HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion 15-bc516ns, Windows 10 v1909 (18363.900) installed yesterday having previously deleted all and every partition of the SSD. I installed the drivers from HERE (audio, chipset, graphics and network), and after that I connected to internet to let...
  9. HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion 15-bc516ns, Windows 10 v1909 (18363.900) installed yesterday having previously deleted all and every partition of the SSD. I installed the drivers from HERE (audio, chipset, graphics and network), and after that I connected to internet to let...
  10. hp pavilion running slow with websites and gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion running slow with websites and gaming: i have an hp pavilion desktop 510-a010, and I purchased it 2 years ago, back in late august of 2016. ever since I have had it, I have noticed that it is pretty impossible to play a game on this computer, and a lot of websites I go on to read, shop, etc. lag often. the only...