Windows 10: Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly

Discus and support Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my HP Pavilion 15 notebook pc's screen just blackout when I change the angle of the lid or even barely move it, it keeps on, on a certain angle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Axtuality_XD, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly

Hello, my HP Pavilion 15 notebook pc's screen just blackout when I change the angle of the lid or even barely move it, it keeps on, on a certain angle even the slightest move would turn it off, I think this is the lid sensor acting up but I am not sure, and it keeps doing that, and I recently got a screen replaced, so I think its that problem although I went to the fixer guy and he said that nothing's wrong with it, and he even tighted the screw ad everything and it still does it. And all my drivers are uptodae.

:)

Axtuality_XD, Jan 14, 2021

2. HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, Jan 14, 2021
  3. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it

KwameNyarko, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly

1. Hp Pavilion 15 screen goes black randomly - Similar Threads - Pavilion screen goes

2. How do I resolve Black screen of Death on my HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve Black screen of Death on my HP Pavilion 15: On this faithful day, I shutdown my laptop in a normal way, the next time I'll run the system it was running but the screen was black, till now. I tried pressing the windows sequence keys Windows Key +Ctrl+ Shift +B No response yet. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for...
  3. How do I resolve Black screen of Death on my HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve Black screen of Death on my HP Pavilion 15: On this faithful day, I shutdown my laptop in a normal way, the next time I'll run the system it was running but the screen was black, till now. I tried pressing the windows sequence keys Windows Key +Ctrl+ Shift +B No response yet. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for...
  4. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  5. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  6. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  7. Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15: Bluetooth Drivers for Hp in windows 10 Model HP pavilion. I have tried all options first it was working well with mediatek BT adaptor and now it automatically takes ralink drivers. When I try to add Bluetooth it say no Bluetooth available in PC I have tried almost all...
  8. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my hp laptop screen goes black randomly: my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-screen-goes-black-randomly/7478cfe4-7112-476c-b98d-6d950f69071d
  9. HP Pavilion Monitor Goes Black

HP Pavilion Monitor Goes Black: Every now and again - not all the time - when I am working on my computer, the monitor will go black. I don't think it is going to sleep as my settings are: SCREEN & SLEEP (both) On battery power, turn off after: 2 hours When plugged in, turn off: never Like I said, it...
  10. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly: My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most frequently while gaming on my laptop. Please give me a solution to fix this , Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavilion random sleeping and blackout

2. hp 24vi monitor randomly goes black