Windows 10: HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

Discus and support HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Countjagular, Jan 7, 2021.

1. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore cannot attempt any repair at all! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

Countjagular, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Swapna S Win User

Unable to boot into the Desktop on HP Pavilion 20-b014

Hi Tophy,

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue from your end.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating.

This issue might occur, if there is an issue with hardware and drivers.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

• Are you referring to HP Pavilion Laptop or Desktop?

• Did you try reaching BIOS using external keyboard (if you are using Laptop)?
    Please follow below mentioned methods to resolve the issue:

Method 1:
    If you are using HP Pavilion
    Laptop.

Please Connect to External keyboard and try below mentioned steps:

• Restart Laptop and click any function keys
      Like F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
    • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled
      Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
      Boot Order, then press Enter.
    • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
      Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
    • Press F10 to save your changes and to
      exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Now, download Windows 10 from below link.Download Windows 10
    • From above link, navigate to option “Using media creation tool”->”Perform a clean installation using USB or DVD” and follow steps from
      step 3.
    Note: Clean Installation will delete all your files and programs.

Method 2:
    If you are using HP Pavilion Desktop.

If you are having spare keyboard, connect to your desktop and check if that works.

If the issue still persists, please contact the HP support for further assistance with the issue. Refer to below link to contact HP support.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/contac...n-One-Desktop-PC-series/5295901/model/5296771

Disclaimer:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure
      to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.
    Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 7, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    SDIMM upgrade for Hp Pavilion 15.6 laptop cs0064st

The Pavilion is spec'd for a maximum of 16 GB (2 X 8GB). I suggest checking here: RAM & SSD Upgrades | HP - Compaq Pavilion 15-cs0064st | Crucial.com. You may be able to find RAM elsewhere (like Newegg.com) more cheaply, though.

32 GB of Optane memory sounds like a cache for a spinning hard drive. Is that what you have? If you upgrade the main drive to an SSD, the optane cache will be of little or no use. (No harm, just pointless.)

bobkn, Jan 7, 2021
  4. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

1. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up. - Similar Threads - Pavilion boot

2. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...: Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different resolution setting. They don't reposition as if I turned on Auto Arrange, they just spread out more and have a different spacing...
  3. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...: Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different resolution setting. They don't reposition as if I turned on Auto Arrange, they just spread out more and have a different spacing...
  4. How do I get my hp pavilion gaming 15 ec1010ca to actually boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my hp pavilion gaming 15 ec1010ca to actually boot up.: I have an hp pavilion gaming 15 ec1010ca. I bought it used, of course. It was running but with issues at first. A cmos battery error. Now if I'm not mistaken this model does not even have a cmos battery. Now iv been faced with the problem of I hit the power button, it goes...
  5. How do I get my hp pavilion gaming 15 ec1010ca to actually boot up.

How do I get my hp pavilion gaming 15 ec1010ca to actually boot up.: I have an hp pavilion gaming 15 ec1010ca. I bought it used, of course. It was running but with issues at first. A cmos battery error. Now if I'm not mistaken this model does not even have a cmos battery. Now iv been faced with the problem of I hit the power button, it goes...
  6. My HP-Pavilion Desktop 570-p064 boots but fails immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP-Pavilion Desktop 570-p064 boots but fails immediately: My HP-Pavilion Desktop 570-p064 shows taskbar and app icons very briefly on startup and then switches to a screen with err0r code 0x80ce62efa801 and "windows maintenance running" and a phone number that can't be dialed. OS Windows 10 64bit...
  7. My HP-Pavilion Desktop 570-p064 boots but fails immediately

My HP-Pavilion Desktop 570-p064 boots but fails immediately: My HP-Pavilion Desktop 570-p064 shows taskbar and app icons very briefly on startup and then switches to a screen with err0r code 0x80ce62efa801 and "windows maintenance running" and a phone number that can't be dialed. OS Windows 10 64bit...
  8. My HP-Pavilion Desktop 570-p064 boots but fails immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How can I dual boot Windows 11 with Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I dual boot Windows 11 with Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible...: My HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PC is Windows 10 and I want to dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 11 on the laptop. I tried to install Windows 11 with a USB but I keep getting the error "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for...
  10. How can I dual boot Windows 11 with Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible...

How can I dual boot Windows 11 with Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible...: My HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PC is Windows 10 and I want to dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 11 on the laptop. I tried to install Windows 11 with a USB but I keep getting the error "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavilion g7 not booting up