Windows 10: HP Pavilion DV6 - Wifi drops at random after installing new router

Discus and support HP Pavilion DV6 - Wifi drops at random after installing new router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. I have just changed Internet providers and have swapped my Netgear R7000 router for an Asus RT-AC58U. Every other device has a constant,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matthewryaio, Apr 14, 2017.

1. HP Pavilion DV6 - Wifi drops at random after installing new router

Hi all.

I have just changed Internet providers and have swapped my Netgear R7000 router for an Asus RT-AC58U. Every other device has a constant, stable wifi connection (Smartphones, Chromecast, PS4, etc), but my laptop randomly disconnects after about 10 minutes.

It will then reconnect after about 2 minutes or instantly if I disconnect and reconnect to Wifi. The connection drops while the laptop is in use.

I have tried checking various settings and out of desperation I have even reset windows to no change.

Any suggestions would be fantastic, thank you.

:)

Matthewryaio, Apr 14, 2017
  2. MVS
    mvs Win User

Is a HP Pavilion dv6 notebook PC capable of upgrading to windows 10?

I have an HP Pavilion dv6 and I have tried the W7 to W10 upgrade.

The WiFi does not work after the W10 upgrade and there are NO W10 drivers available that will work.

I've spent over 10 hours troubleshooting this and the ~10 different methods to fix it (as posted in W10 and HP forums do not work.

3. WiFi issues with Windows 10

I have a similar issue with my WIFI since the upgrade no connections visible or limited connections when it did connect it dropped out straight away. I don't use vpn also I have updated to latest drivers which this did after a recovery reset. The only way
    I have been able to keep a constant connection is have a permanent connection to the mains, if I disconnect the charger the WIFI will drop out within 5 minutes or less if I'm lucky. I have a HP pavilion DV6 laptop with a intel centrino wireless -n 2230 card

SimonOllenbuttel, Apr 14, 2017
  4. HP Pavilion DV6 - Wifi drops at random after installing new router

Hi Matthewryaio

First thing I would do is power up your old router and see what channel it was using. I assume you are connecting on the 2.4Ghz band.

This tool will show you the networks around you. You will likely see the channels from both new and old. You may have to do this some distance from your new router as you likely gave them both the same SSID.

inSSIDer

There may even be some differences in your transmit power although I would expect your newer to be stronger. Also look at other networks in your area, ideally you want to be clear of other networks. This is not possible in urban areas so pick a network where there is less congestion and weaker signal strengths from competing networks.

Once you determine old channel I would then match it on new.

You also could be looking at the newer router supporting "Newer" features like IPv6 that your laptop is not handling. This link provides an easy way to disable and enable.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

Please also ensure under Advance Power options you set wireless to maximum for both battery and plugged in.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I got a new gigabit/802.11g/n Router about 3 years ago and on Windows, Linux and MacOS it would drop the Wi-Fi once a day for the first couple of weeks. I found out there was a firmware update, downloaded and installed it and haven't had the problem since.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Pavilion DV6 - Wifi drops at random after installing new router

1. HP Pavilion DV6 - Wifi drops at random after installing new router - Similar Threads - Pavilion DV6 Wifi

2. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues: My Pavilion dv6, AMD Phenom II N930, 8 gb RAM, runs Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2. Yes, I know, I had to do the end run to get Windows 11 installed. Certain apps do not recognize keyboard input, such as Maps or when trying to add a second account. I tried updating the keyboard...
  3. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues: My Pavilion dv6, AMD Phenom II N930, 8 gb RAM, runs Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2. Yes, I know, I had to do the end run to get Windows 11 installed. Certain apps do not recognize keyboard input, such as Maps or when trying to add a second account. I tried updating the keyboard...
  4. Boot screen change on HP Pavilion dv6

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot screen change on HP Pavilion dv6: I’m going to be receiving a HP Pavilion dv6 from a family member soon, this is the older model which originally shipped with Windows 7. The family member has upgraded it to Windows 10 with the upgrade in 2015. On the boot screen, it will obviously display a screen which says...
  5. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  6. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  7. Wifi dropping randomly after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi dropping randomly after 1903 update: Before the update my laptop's (Asus rog gm501gs) wifi (intel AC wireless 9560) works perfectly fine. After the update my wifi will stop working once in a while. This is especially annoying when i am playing games like League of Legend. One thing i noticed when this happens is...
  8. HP Pavilion dv6-3225dx Driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion dv6-3225dx Driver issue: I have a DV6-3225DX Laptop.. The manufacture does not make windows 10 Drivers for this unit.. I run Windows VLC and the Graphics are horrid.. I have to disable Video Acceleration but this reduces the quality a bit... I dont know why this is an issue.. I have the latest...
  9. WiFi is Randomly Dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi is Randomly Dropping: Hello My router is the Horizon box provided by my ISP (UPC) and has been working fine for the last two years. My HP laptop has been working fine for the two years I've owned it. However, about two weeks ago the laptop has started randomly disconnecting from the WiFi. The...
  10. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 10 video driver problem

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 10 video driver problem: I recently successfully upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in this HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC laptop. Once it boots up, the PC does fine, but when booting up, I get a black screen for 1 1/2 minutes. I believe it is a video driver issue. I went to HP.com looking for a...