Windows 10: HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues

Discus and support HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Pavilion dv6, AMD Phenom II N930, 8 gb RAM, runs Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2. Yes, I know, I had to do the end run to get Windows 11 installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KennethBush, Dec 6, 2021.

1. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues

My Pavilion dv6, AMD Phenom II N930, 8 gb RAM, runs Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2. Yes, I know, I had to do the end run to get Windows 11 installed. Certain apps do not recognize keyboard input, such as Maps or when trying to add a second account. I tried updating the keyboard driver, but it is the best driver, per Windows Update. I deleted the keyboard driver and restarted to have a new driver installed. No change. I ran HP Support Assistant, but it found no updates available. I tried using my Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse, with no success. I even ran one of the driver updater apps,

:)

KennethBush, Dec 6, 2021

2. HP DV6-6108us Keyboard

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

We suggest you to refer the below link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product...ebook-PC-series/5082212/model/5119033/drivers

You may try installing the chipset driver in compatibility mode:

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Dec 6, 2021
  3. MiaTs Win User
    Can I install Win10 on HP Pavilion dv6?

Hello,

I have HP Pavilion dv6 notebook with Windows 7 64-bit.

Do you suggest me to install windows 10? Does it work properly?

MiaTs, Dec 6, 2021
  4. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues

An old HP pavilion dv6 does not reproduce sound

So here is the thing. An old HP pavilion dv6-1340ss doesnt reproduce any sound.

It seems that the drivers are installed and up to date.

It detects when headphones are connected and disconnected. It detects the hardware in the advanced system settings (control panel).

Windows solutions says there is no problem with the hardware.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers from the HP support page.
    I disconnected and reconnected the hardware from the system settings (control panel).
    I tested every single device separately and it does not reproduce the hardware sound. I went and predetermined every single device. I am out of ideas. I don't know where the problem is.

Any suggestions?

Georgi Dzhondzhov, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues

1. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues - Similar Threads - Pavilion dv6 Keyboard

2. HP pavilion gaming laptop keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP pavilion gaming laptop keyboard issue: I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop.When I press T the cursor automatically goes to the "close" program or "three dots" of the browser. Happens with other keys as well.The tree dots on browser keeps flickering.The typed text gets selected...
  3. HP pavilion gaming laptop keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP pavilion gaming laptop keyboard issue: I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop.When I press T the cursor automatically goes to the "close" program or "three dots" of the browser. Happens with other keys as well.The tree dots on browser keeps flickering.The typed text gets selected...
  4. HP pavilion gaming laptop keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 11 Keyboard Issues: My Pavilion dv6, AMD Phenom II N930, 8 gb RAM, runs Windows 11 Pro, Version 21H2. Yes, I know, I had to do the end run to get Windows 11 installed. Certain apps do not recognize keyboard input, such as Maps or when trying to add a second account. I tried updating the keyboard...
  6. Boot screen change on HP Pavilion dv6

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot screen change on HP Pavilion dv6: I’m going to be receiving a HP Pavilion dv6 from a family member soon, this is the older model which originally shipped with Windows 7. The family member has upgraded it to Windows 10 with the upgrade in 2015. On the boot screen, it will obviously display a screen which says...
  7. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  8. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  9. HP Pavilion dv6-3225dx Driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion dv6-3225dx Driver issue: I have a DV6-3225DX Laptop.. The manufacture does not make windows 10 Drivers for this unit.. I run Windows VLC and the Graphics are horrid.. I have to disable Video Acceleration but this reduces the quality a bit... I dont know why this is an issue.. I have the latest...
  10. HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 10 video driver problem

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 10 video driver problem: I recently successfully upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in this HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC laptop. Once it boots up, the PC does fine, but when booting up, I get a black screen for 1 1/2 minutes. I believe it is a video driver issue. I went to HP.com looking for a...