Windows 10: HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working

Discus and support HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop. It has Windows 10 installed. I am facing issue with my web cam. It was working fine until some days ago, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blah-321, Feb 23, 2021.

1. HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop. It has Windows 10 installed. I am facing issue with my web cam. It was working fine until some days ago, but yesterday when I tried it. It wasn't working. It does not show any display, just blank screen. When I try to click a photo or start video recording, the button kind of in pressed state (a bit greyish), and it gets stuck there until I restart my app.

It wasn't working in Zoom app, then I tried Windows' Camera app, but there also it is the same.

The light next to camera lights up. I contacted the HP customer support. They asked me to do different troubleshooting stuff like reinstalling the driver from device manager, running HP diagnostic check etc. Everything passed. IN the end, he asked me to book an appointment for technician to visit at my place to check. But that is risky given the condition, so I am not looking forward to it.

Just for clarity, I have tried: uninstalling the driver from device manager then restart. Trying to update it from device manager, it says it is up to date. Windows 10 is fully up to date. Device manager can't find a new driver available for it. No driver rollback option.

I really need the camera for my office work. Did anyone face the same problem and has any solution for it?

Edit: I am on Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 if it helps.

submitted by /u/blah-321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blah-321, Feb 23, 2021

2. Camera/webcam not working on my HP Pavilion x360

HI there,

I have an HP Pavilion x360 with Windows 10 and can't seem to get my webcam / camera to work.

It is not listed on the Device Manager list.

Thanks for the help.

JN

JohnNyamekor, Feb 23, 2021
  3. BevPeart Win User
    Integrated HP Pavilion Truevision HD Camera Driver

The integrated camera on my HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook (i5-6300HQ), P0G80EA#ABU, has stopped working. Normal driver update, disabling and re-installation/enablement procedures followed but although camera indicator light comes on, I am only getting a
    dark grey display. Can I get a standalone driver for the integrated camera (HP Truevision HD) to install separately from Windows 10 Home generic update batch drivers as these are clearly not working/compatible. If so I can install from Desktop or similar.

BevPeart, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Jaffakeik Win User

HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working

New HP Pavilion laptop

Its a Virgin media superhub I got,And no other devices in household had ever problems with connection,only that new laptop(I did buy wifi adapter,because I couldnt solve the problem myself and it works perfect.
    HP pavilion 17
    Product number: J5B89EA#ABU
    Serial number: 5CD4246P34
    it uses broadcom wifi adapter
    If it helps will be greatful to hear from u any advices.

Jaffakeik, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working

1. HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working - Similar Threads - Pavilion gaming laptop

2. HP pavilion gaming laptop keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP pavilion gaming laptop keyboard issue: I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop.When I press T the cursor automatically goes to the "close" program or "three dots" of the browser. Happens with other keys as well.The tree dots on browser keeps flickering.The typed text gets selected...
  3. HP Pavilion gaming laptop won’t start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion gaming laptop won’t start: I’ve had this computer for about two years or so, and it’s not in the best condition, but it still runs. Sometimes it doesn’t turn on, similarly to what is happening now. Usually I just wait a bit and try again, and then it works without a problem. Now, when I plug in the...
  4. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  5. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  6. Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working: Please I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop. Formally I use, windows 11 insider build, but due to my absence from the laptop for a period of time, I meet that the current version of windows 11 insiders preview I was using has expired....so I...
  7. Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working

Hp pavilion gaming laptop keyboard not working: Please I have been having keyboard issues with my HP pavilion gaming laptop. Formally I use, windows 11 insider build, but due to my absence from the laptop for a period of time, I meet that the current version of windows 11 insiders preview I was using has expired....so I...
  8. Sound Stops Working on HP Pavilion Laptop 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Stops Working on HP Pavilion Laptop 2020: Hi Microsoft Community, About a month ago, I purchased a 2020 HP Pavilion Laptop. While using Firefox and occasionally other programs, the system audio periodically drops with no system acknowledgment drivers don't know the sound dropped. This means that sound will not play...
  9. Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop: Hello, my webcam is being a total pain. I haven't had my laptop long 2 months and the camera used to work perfectly fine. Now it says it cannot be detected. I've re-installed the driver incase it was that, tried updating the system. Restarted it many times. It doesn't even...
  10. on board camera on hp pavilion dv7 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    on board camera on hp pavilion dv7 not working: no camera found in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-board-camera-on-hp-pavilion-dv7-not-working/d1815e2a-b3bd-49fc-9b57-7f5f4cc1779d