Windows 10: HP Pavilion i7 9th generation laptop purchase - advice required

Discus and support HP Pavilion i7 9th generation laptop purchase - advice required in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am planning to buy this new HP laptop for my younger brother who makes travel videos for his youtube channel. He often shoots videos at 60 frames per... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by archz2, Jul 24, 2019.

1. archz2 Win User

HP Pavilion i7 9th generation laptop purchase - advice required

I am planning to buy this new HP laptop for my younger brother who makes travel videos for his youtube channel. He often shoots videos at 60 frames per second at 1080 resolution. Although he is still in college. Therefore his daily video editing sessions do not last longer than 3 hours. On weekends, he uses the software Adobe Premiere pro for 5-6 hours at max.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...71PK74ZKC3ZSMW

Is this a good choice? Within a limited budget, this seems to be a good 9th generation i7 laptop that has 4GB of graphics card and 500 GB SSD. Need expert opinion.

:)

archz2, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Jaffakeik Win User

New HP Pavilion laptop

Its a Virgin media superhub I got,And no other devices in household had ever problems with connection,only that new laptop(I did buy wifi adapter,because I couldnt solve the problem myself and it works perfect.
    HP pavilion 17
    Product number: J5B89EA#ABU
    Serial number: 5CD4246P34
    it uses broadcom wifi adapter
    If it helps will be greatful to hear from u any advices.

Jaffakeik, Jul 24, 2019
  3. sowden Win User
    HP Pavilion i7 or i5 processor?

So i'm looking for a general laptop for school work, net surfing and gaming, so far it looks to me that the HP Pavilion d7 would be a good choice. Just wondering how much difference i would find between the i5 and i7 processors? Is it worth paying roughly £899 for one with an i7 or would i be better off getting an i5 for only £688? Also the one with the i7 has a 8GB RAM but the i5 only has a 6GB RAM would this make much difference?
    Sorry im a bit of a computer noob so any help would be appreciated!

sowden, Jul 24, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Quad-Core processor HP laptop appears to have just 2 cores

Dutch news today:

"HP will adjust incorrect indication of 'quad' at Pavilion 17
    Olaf van Miltenburg, Friday, December 11th, 2015 13:09, 11 comments • Feedback

HP will adapt the specification lists some 17 Pavilion laptops to ensure that the AMD processor no longer erroneously designated as quad. According to the manufacturer concerned a mistake. Purchasers of the laptop are legally entitled to a repair or replacement.

The mention of the presence of a quad is a mistake that has crept specification lists, says HP spokesman Herbert Wormgoor. "The HP Pavilion 17 is unintentionally put down with a quad-core processor in HP's data sheets. HP has taken action to correct the information. Customers can contact the retailer where they purchased the product for further information and support," the entire states statement from the company.

HP will adapt the information on as many places and stores in light of the steps to take. Details on these steps the company can not give, but the consumer is clear about this. Based on article 17 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code, a product must meet the expectations of the consumer.

The Authority Consumer & Market clarifies that a product is defective if it does not work as promised by the seller or manufacturer for example in advertising or does not meet the specifications. "In principle, you must first ask for repair or replacement, and only then can you reclaim your money," explains ICT lawyer Arnoud Engelfriet increasing.

It involves Pavilion 17 laptops sold in the Netherlands with model numbers p030nd and p031nd and in Belgium as p074nb. If the laptop also supplied abroad with incorrect processor designation is not known. Not only the specification lists mention the presence of an AMD A8-7050 quad-core, also in commercials and on the box was this designation. Based on a CPU-Z screenshot of a user of Hardware.info, and according to testing the site, it appeared earlier this week to deal with a dual-core performance to match. The AMD A8-7050 seems to be used by HP and it would be the first A8 APU with two instead of four cores. The specifications of the integrated Radeon R5 video chip are correct. There are no dual-core APUs of AMD known, the specifications similar to those of the corresponding chip in the HP-laptops.
    "

Translated with google translate.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106800/h...vilion-17-aanpassen.html?nb=2015-12-11&u=1300

P4-630, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Pavilion i7 9th generation laptop purchase - advice required - Similar Threads - Pavilion 9th generation

2. Purchase Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  3. HP PAVILION X360 INTEL i7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP PAVILION X360 INTEL i7: Hi!I'm having trouble with my HP Pavilion x360 laptop. My laptop built-in keyboard seems to be malfunctioning, it won't work after I shut down the laptop for a long time. After a couple of hours of turning it off because of the problem, it would be back to normal again....
  4. HP PAVILION X360 INTEL i7

HP PAVILION X360 INTEL i7: Hi!I'm having trouble with my HP Pavilion x360 laptop. My laptop built-in keyboard seems to be malfunctioning, it won't work after I shut down the laptop for a long time. After a couple of hours of turning it off because of the problem, it would be back to normal again....
  5. 9th Generation not compatible with windows 11????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    9th Generation not compatible with windows 11????: Hi,I did the windows compatibility test on my PC which has Skylake i7-6700 9th generation processor but Microsoft says it's not compatible. I thought it support 8th generation and higher?I also hear that no more processors are being added to the list?I'm not going to buy a...
  6. 9th Generation not compatible with windows 11????

9th Generation not compatible with windows 11????: Hi,I did the windows compatibility test on my PC which has Skylake i7-6700 9th generation processor but Microsoft says it's not compatible. I thought it support 8th generation and higher?I also hear that no more processors are being added to the list?I'm not going to buy a...
  7. HP Pavilion Core i7 1165G BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion Core i7 1165G BSOD: Hello I bought a new HP laptop few weeks ago, but I'm always getting the BSOD with Watchdog violation error. The BSOD appears mostly after opening Task Manager and click on Network column in the Performance tab. I tried almost everything to solve this problem but nothing...
  8. HP pavilion with 11th Gen i7 BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP pavilion with 11th Gen i7 BSOD: Hello I Just bought a new laptop HP Pavilion 15-dw3008ne with intel core i7 1165G7 CPU and Nvidia mx450 GPU. The problem is that I have Blue Screen Of Death with the error DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I tried to update all the drivers from HP support website, Nvidia website...
  9. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1
  10. PRINTER ADVICE FOR HP STREAM LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PRINTER ADVICE FOR HP STREAM LAPTOP: Can you advise the best printer for my HP Stream laptop please? This is for homework for my 3 children and for my personal use when printing word/pdf files when I am working from home. I have viewed the HP deskjet 3762 printer but not sure. Many thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp i7 touch screen laptop 9th generation