Windows 10: HP Pavilion Just six months old

Discus and support HP Pavilion Just six months old in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, My personal Laptop I bought from Costco about six moths ago, still under warranty. Apparently a Microsoft download on windows ten did not down... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by louiskolber, Aug 14, 2020.

1. HP Pavilion Just six months old

Hello, My personal Laptop I bought from Costco about six moths ago, still under warranty.

Apparently a Microsoft download on windows ten did not down load properly.

I can get get to the sign on screenit is just a blurry screen. I called the Costco Concierge service, we ran a hardware test , all showed no problem, so they switched me over to HP Service. They had me ran some test, than sent me a Microsoft USB

to reload Windows ten. I did tell them from the get go I do not remember my Admin Password, don't even remember entering one, they said no problem.

I received the USB Flash drive,Called HP service, they tried to help me , but said since BIOS was not showing the USB port, I would need to enter the Admin Password,which I do not have.

The Tech said my only option was to return the laptop They are sending me box but said it is my fault for not knowing the Password , and I would need to pay for a new mother board. They would call me with cost once the receive the laptop.

Sorry for the long post, but I now have nine hours of hold time invested, don't think it is my fault that Windows failed to down load properly My fault for not knowing the password-but don't even member entering one

Any other solution??

Thank you

Lou

:)

louiskolber, Aug 14, 2020

2. An old HP pavilion dv6 does not reproduce sound

So here is the thing. An old HP pavilion dv6-1340ss doesnt reproduce any sound.

It seems that the drivers are installed and up to date.

It detects when headphones are connected and disconnected. It detects the hardware in the advanced system settings (control panel).

Windows solutions says there is no problem with the hardware.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers from the HP support page.
    I disconnected and reconnected the hardware from the system settings (control panel).
    I tested every single device separately and it does not reproduce the hardware sound. I went and predetermined every single device. I am out of ideas. I don't know where the problem is.

Any suggestions?

Georgi Dzhondzhov, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Can't update the HP Pavilion Notebook.

I'm trying to update my system and am getting a message to delete HP Pavilion Notebook - BIOS manually as it is incompatible with the upgrade.

I can't find it to delete it. It's not in the Programs list with the other HP apps.

Any suggestions?

Modified title from: RK

RobertKaroń, Aug 14, 2020
  4. My89SHO Win User

HP Pavilion Just six months old

Overclocking HP Pavilion G7 with I3-2330M processor overclocking?

*Cool HP Pavilion Just six months old :cool:i have a new hp pavilion g7. it has an i3-2330m processor. is it possible to unlock it to overclock a little. i heard something about a jumper inside on the mainboard that has to be switched. any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you!

My89SHO, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

HP Pavilion Just six months old

1. HP Pavilion Just six months old - Similar Threads - Pavilion six months

2. hp pavilion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion: Hello, Windows. I am trying to get an HP Pavilion for Christmas. But I have 2 questions. Is the HP Pavilion a windows computer and does it allow video games like games from Steam?Thank you so much, Ryan Ball....
  3. hp pavilion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavilion: Hello, Windows. I am trying to get an HP Pavilion for Christmas. But I have 2 questions. Is the HP Pavilion a windows computer and does it allow video games like games from Steam?Thank you so much, Ryan Ball....
  4. HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!: I have tried EVERY option given when booting up.....although I haven't used a windows pc in many years, in the past I would have simply re-installed operating sys from scratch, back when they came with a windows disk. There is no disk drive, so even if I did have a disk to...
  5. HP Pavilion g6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion g6: My friend gave me a HP pavilion g6 that needed all information deleted off the hard drive but i accidentally deleted the operating system how do i redownload it[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-g6/e780dc6f-e218-4a2a-bd4a-4e7d3aa1c35c
  6. HP Pavilion HPE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion HPE: When I turn my HP Pavilion HPE on, it immediately says "HP start up menu" If I hit the F9 button rapidly, it sends me to a screen with a blue menu with the heading "Please select boot device" What "boot device" do I select that allows me to do a systems recovery or a...
  7. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1
  8. My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working: My HP Pavilion Laptop touchpad had just stopped working today and it does not show up in the device management. I am currently using an external mouse which works. [ATTACH]...
  9. The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!: Security at a glance Reset Your Security Processor (Clear TPM) What happens now Make sure you backup before you start, or you may lose data. Select Clear and Restart below. Your device will restart. If you see a prompt to complete the clear action, confirm to continue....
  10. Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?: Windows 10 has been available to the public for six months this week. By the numbers, it's been a hit, with 200 million active users as of the first of the year. Here's Ed Bott's midterm report card. Microsoft released Windows 10 to the public six months ago this week...