Windows 10: HP Pavilion laptop unable to read my dvd drive

Discus and support HP Pavilion laptop unable to read my dvd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This happen twice. I hardly use dvd but when i used 2 months ago, i was unable to read my vcd. This has inconvenienced me which I have to transfer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by seemeng, Mar 3, 2019.

1. seemeng Win User

HP Pavilion laptop unable to read my dvd drive

This happen twice. I hardly use dvd but when i used 2 months ago, i was unable to read my vcd.

This has inconvenienced me which I have to transfer the vcd video into my thumb drive and it play using my usb drive.

2 weeks ago, the dvd drive is able to read my dvd. I didn't do anything. Could that be the updates?

Anyway, the happy hour only last 1 day. Because the next day, i tried using the same dvd, it can't read it anymore. To the extend, it can't even eject out, to my horror.

Pls advice.

Thanks.

SM

:)

seemeng, Mar 3, 2019

2. HP pavilion Disc Drive dont work

HP pavilion Disc Drive dont work

windows 98se

have several disc in but it dont read. any solution?

HiddenStupid, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Fallout 3 on an HP Pavilion.

Hi I have an HP Pavilion and there is no dvd drive on it, I fancied playing Fallout 3 on it can I put it on a pen drive and if so how do I do it.

cookiemonster, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

Unable to boot into the Desktop on HP Pavilion 20-b014

Hi Tophy,

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue from your end.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating.

This issue might occur, if there is an issue with hardware and drivers.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

• Are you referring to HP Pavilion Laptop or Desktop?

• Did you try reaching BIOS using external keyboard (if you are using Laptop)?
    Please follow below mentioned methods to resolve the issue:

Method 1:
    If you are using HP Pavilion
    Laptop.

Please Connect to External keyboard and try below mentioned steps:

• Restart Laptop and click any function keys
      Like F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
    • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled
      Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
      Boot Order, then press Enter.
    • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
      Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
    • Press F10 to save your changes and to
      exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Now, download Windows 10 from below link.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    • From above link, navigate to option “Using media creation tool”->”Perform a clean installation using USB or DVD” and follow steps from
      step 3.
    Note: Clean Installation will delete all your files and programs.

Method 2:
    If you are using HP Pavilion Desktop.

If you are having spare keyboard, connect to your desktop and check if that works.

If the issue still persists, please contact the HP support for further assistance with the issue. Refer to below link to contact HP support.

Contact HP Customer Support for HP Pavilion 20-b014 All-in-One Desktop PC | HP® Customer Support

Disclaimer:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure
      to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.
    Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Pavilion laptop unable to read my dvd drive - Similar Threads - Pavilion laptop unable

2. Restart and update loop on HP PAVILION LAPTOP. UNABLE TO SWITCH ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart and update loop on HP PAVILION LAPTOP. UNABLE TO SWITCH ON: My HP Pavilion laptop 11th Gen Intel R Core i3 is going into endless updates and restart loops. I'm unable to switch it on. When I move to repair or troubleshoot options after pressing the Esc keys continuously, they ask for Bitlocker recovery keys which I don't have. I also...
  3. DVD drive will not read my software DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD drive will not read my software DVD: I have upgraded my hardware and my TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-233C players will not read my software disc. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing both drives, but this has not worked. I have tried installing new drivers and this has not worked This is what the event manager is...
  4. DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive Unable to Read Discs: My DVD drive can't read any discs at all. Whenever I try to open the disc, it returns this error: [ATTACH] I've tried Methods 3 and 6 listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs, but it...
  5. dvd drive not reading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dvd drive not reading: i just restored pc drive letters changed now my dvd drive is not reading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-reading/57a31ac9-2a07-4415-aa57-01aa5f4381ff
  6. hp pavilion dvd drive

hp pavilion dvd drive: after installing win10 dvd will play music but not videos, movies or read data files. dvd is listed under device manager but not shown in devices and printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-dvd-drive/cb40d032-1420-4067-9d0f-a9a75856a4d0
  7. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1
  8. reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6

reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6: my HP pavilion g6 has a DVD reader, but I can't read a CD. shouldn't it read both a CD and a DVD??? or do I need new equipment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-a-cd-on-an-hp-pavilion-g6/2c68a371-5944-45ce-950b-2b25d86632b6
  9. update and upgrade my laptop HP Pavilion

update and upgrade my laptop HP Pavilion: HI my question is: How do I upgrade and update my laptop HP Pavilion dv6929 Notebook when the manufacture no longer support because the model is discontinue?and also ask to update drivers also Intel not give me update because is discontinue . ani tip help apreciate...
  10. DVD drive not working in HP Pavilion and Toshiba laptop after updage Windows version 10...

DVD drive not working in HP Pavilion and Toshiba laptop after updage Windows version 10...: I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and my HP pavilion several months ago and all working fine. When new update was installed Windows version 10 1803 for x64-based system installed. DVD drives both stopped working. I have already tried deleting, reinstalling and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to boot from USB on HP pavilion laptop

2. when putting usb into drive on pavilion it reads that it is in cd/dvd drive