Windows 10: HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened

Discus and support HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How to fix an HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened. Running Windows 10 64 Bit Home up to date updates and drivers. Have to hard reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Marta99, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Marta99 Win User

HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened

How to fix an HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened. Running Windows 10 64 Bit Home up to date updates and drivers.

Have to hard reboot to wake up screen.

:)

Marta99, Sep 26, 2019

2. PC wont wake up with lid openning in Windows 10.

Original Title:Won't wake up

After installing Windows 10 my HP Pavilion will not wake upon reopening the laptop. How can I fix this? If I leave the lid open it will wake up normally.

RichardTruscott, Sep 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Adrian700 Win User

Can't wake up laptop from sleep without opening the lid

Hello.

I used to be able to wake up my laptop with my USB mouse and keyboard, but about 1-2 months ago it stopped working.

In order to wake it up, I now have to open the lid. I don't need to press any buttons, merely lifting the lid a few centimetres wakes the computer up.

What's interesting, I can wake it up with mouse/keyboard within a few minutes of it going to sleep. But if I leave it in a sleep state for longer, if I walk away and come back in a few hours, mouse/keyboard can no longer wake it up and I have to open the
    lid.

Any suggestions?

Adrian700, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened - Similar Threads - Pavilion Laptop wont

2. how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11: I have a new Acer Swift 1 with Windows 11. Everything is great except when I shut the lid and reopen the keyboard lights up but the screen is blank. I have tried looking at change power options etc but i can't find anywhere in the control panel to allow the screen to ping...
  3. how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11: I have a new Acer Swift 1 with Windows 11. Everything is great except when I shut the lid and reopen the keyboard lights up but the screen is blank. I have tried looking at change power options etc but i can't find anywhere in the control panel to allow the screen to ping...
  4. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid. I DO NOT want my PC to wake up from sleep when opening it. How do I change this? In the Power Options, I HAVE set the Lid...
  5. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  6. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  7. Hp pavilion 17 wont wake up with built in or external keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp pavilion 17 wont wake up with built in or external keyboard: Hello all. I have an interesting situation going on. If i let my laptop fall asleep, it goes into a coma and will only wake up if i push the blinking power button. Its own touchpad and keyboard will not wake it up, nor will any external usb wireless devices. I have even...
  8. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1
  9. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?: I have a thinkpad X230 (windows 10) and I would like to be able to open lid (when hibernated) without waking it. It is just fine to wake up by open lid when in sleep mode, but not for hibernation. I have tried: Power Options > System Settings > When i close the lid > do...
  10. After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid: Hello, I have upgraded Windows 7 on my Laptop to Windows 10. Before the upgrade, when I opened the lid, it woke up, but after the upgrade I have to press the button for it to wake up. I've tried looking with "powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any", but can't tell if there is...