Windows 10: HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update

Discus and support HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so ever since my HP Pavilion updated to Windows 10 back in September, I have been having major issues with lots of various parts of my PC. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephanieMellin, Oct 15, 2019.

1. HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update

Hi, so ever since my HP Pavilion updated to Windows 10 back in September, I have been having major issues with lots of various parts of my PC.

The first major concern was that it was unable to hold an internet connection, and after my WiFi dropped, there would be no network connections available even though my phone and other people's laptops around me have no problem staying connected to the internet. This originally was fixed by resetting my computer or doing a "Network Reset" to restore connection. But eventually this became only a temporary fix and my laptop would keep disconnecting from network and stop working. Also, almost every time I decided to reset my computer, the infamous blue screen with a HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update :( would pop up with some message about how my computer was not working correctly, and it would restart from there. The Network Adapter troubleshooter refuses to work, and all other trouble-shooters find nothing wrong with my internet connection.

I took it to a computer store two times where the guy claimed he was able to fix it, and it did actually connect in his store no problem. But within an hour of taking it home, there were no internet connections.

Now, there are several other problems with this update. (1) The screen brightness adjustment is no longer showing up, and is not even in the notification center. (2) After I fixed this problem by updating my Display Driver, my mouse was no longer calibrated with the mouse on the screen and I had to click above where I actually wanted to click. (3) There is no longer a PIN option available when I start up. I would always use my pin to sign into my laptop, but now it only lets me put in my Microsoft password to log in. (4) After the update, Windows had changed the name of my PC to random characters rather than what it originally was. (5) The "Sleep" option is gone and it only allows me to Shutdown or Restart. (6) There are lots of sound glitches.

Overall, my laptop has been malfunctioning and incredibly slow since the Windows 10 update, and there doesn't seem to be any information online that covers all of these problems. Should I contact HP or Microsoft? I'm a college student and really don't have time to spend hours a day fixing so many laptop problems just to do 1 assignment.

Thanks for your help or any suggestions!

:)

StephanieMellin, Oct 15, 2019

2. HP pavilion Disc Drive dont work

HP pavilion Disc Drive dont work

windows 98se

have several disc in but it dont read. any solution?

HiddenStupid, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Can't update the HP Pavilion Notebook.

I'm trying to update my system and am getting a message to delete HP Pavilion Notebook - BIOS manually as it is incompatible with the upgrade.

I can't find it to delete it. It's not in the Programs list with the other HP apps.

Any suggestions?

Modified title from: RK

RobertKaroń, Oct 15, 2019
  4. HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update

Scroll pad on HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC not working after Windows 10 installation

Hi Ryan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

This issue may occur if the touchpad drivers are not up to date.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

You may try to update the Mouse and touchpad drivers and check if it helps.

Mouse and touchpad
    drivers

Please follow the steps given here to update the touchpad drivers.

a) Press Windows +X keys on the keyboard.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and Mice and other pointing devices and expand it.

d) Right-click the Touchpad
    drivers, and click Update driver software.

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to update Mice and other pointing device drivers.

f) Reboot the computer and check.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below article on how to update the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers
    in Windows 10

Method 2:

If the issue still persist, I suggest you download the updated touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website by entering your model number of the laptop.

HP Pavilion dv6-6000 Entertainment Notebook PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

After downloading drivers from the above link install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for and select previous Operating System from the drop down menu.
    • Click on Apply and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    I suggest you to refer the below article for more information on how to update software and drivers after upgrading to Windows 10 on HP Pavilion Notebook PC.

Contact HP Customer Support | HP® Customer Support

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update

1. HP Pavilion not working since Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Pavilion working since

2. hp pavilion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion: Hello, Windows. I am trying to get an HP Pavilion for Christmas. But I have 2 questions. Is the HP Pavilion a windows computer and does it allow video games like games from Steam?Thank you so much, Ryan Ball....
  3. hp pavilion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavilion: Hello, Windows. I am trying to get an HP Pavilion for Christmas. But I have 2 questions. Is the HP Pavilion a windows computer and does it allow video games like games from Steam?Thank you so much, Ryan Ball....
  4. hp pavilion a6857c to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion a6857c to windows 10: is the hp pavilion a6857c worth upgrading to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-a6857c-to-windows-10/6b1da318-4754-4c87-a4c5-be06e12271c7
  5. hp pavilion a6857c to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavilion a6857c to windows 10: is the hp pavilion a6857c worth upgrading to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-a6857c-to-windows-10/6b1da318-4754-4c87-a4c5-be06e12271c7
  6. HP PAVILION cb001la ssd not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP PAVILION cb001la ssd not working: Hi, I have a pavilion cb001la and I did a little upgrade installing an ssd a while, never had problems. The problem is that yesterday my laptop just started showing a message that there wasn't OS. I have a bootable USB ready for a Windows 10 installation, so I tried...
  7. Hp Pavilion Notebook update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Pavilion Notebook update: When I try updating the laptop I get the message Update Bios. Manually uninstall, I went to the link it gave me it lead me to a .Net framework download when I downloaded sed .Net framework. I got the message The .NET Framework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system....
  8. Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15: Bluetooth Drivers for Hp in windows 10 Model HP pavilion. I have tried all options first it was working well with mediatek BT adaptor and now it automatically takes ralink drivers. When I try to add Bluetooth it say no Bluetooth available in PC I have tried almost all...
  9. HP Pavilion and Windows 10

HP Pavilion and Windows 10: I've had my HP Pavilion for about two years with Windows 10 preinstalled. I bought a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and a Surface bluetooth mouse with it. They worked perfectly for about 6 months but after automatic windows updates they started to work intermittently and now...
  10. HP Pavilion USB Not working

HP Pavilion USB Not working: Hi, I am having trouble with my USB ports. For some reason they are not working please could someone help, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-pavilion-usb-not-working/febc2ffd-3f93-4fd5-ad48-e0dfd29dd3e7