Windows 10: HP Pavilion TS 15 n-270nr How to boot to recovery partition?

Discus and support HP Pavilion TS 15 n-270nr How to boot to recovery partition? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm going to be honest this time. So, this er originally had Windows 8.1, but had bloatware. This er is from Feb 28, 2014, as said from the BIOS born... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Comput, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Comput Win User

HP Pavilion TS 15 n-270nr How to boot to recovery partition?

I'm going to be honest this time. So, this er originally had Windows 8.1, but had bloatware.

This er is from Feb 28, 2014, as said from the BIOS born on date. After a year and a half, I did a clean install of Windows 10, but then clean installed Windows 8.1, as I wanted to go to the original OS. However, the recovery partition was missing, so I recovered it with Minitool Partition Wizard bootable. Then I cleaned installed Windows 8.1 on a partition after the recovery partition overwrote the Windows 8.1 partition. I had not touched this partition, and only did a Chkdsk on it.

Now, I want to factory reset from the partition after recovering the partition. The folders are not modified. There are a few .wim files, called boot.wim, found in D:\preload\FactoryUpdate, ESP.wim and install.wim, found in D:\preload, and winUCRD.wim, found in D:\recovery\WindowsRE. the rest are files needed for the partition to boot. I have tried booting from the wim files but no luck, only the UCRD one worked, but gave me an error message saying that the media wasn't compatible.

Help?

:)

Comput, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Rexter Win User

Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Help with HP System Recovery partition

well the recovery partition is meant to be burned to cds with the HP recovery manage...

Morrison5891, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Rexter Win User

Help with HP System Recovery partition

dangit... why cant i boot into the recovery partition? ive tried all the tricks i could find. And by using total commanders function of diplaying ALL files, the D drive is full of files, so theres no way its been deleted.

EDIT

This thread has most of the tricks to boot into the recovery partition: need to recover boot options HP laptop recovery

should give an idea of the options

Rexter, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Pavilion TS 15 n-270nr How to boot to recovery partition? - Similar Threads - Pavilion 270nr boot

2. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15: I bought a new hp pavilion laptop 15-eg2007tx in september not long ago. But it seems like the battery life of the laptop is far below what has been advertised.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1WJZ5sWuAjqHWMdNGPhEgMmxDN?e=LoawBU...
  3. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15: I bought a new hp pavilion laptop 15-eg2007tx in september not long ago. But it seems like the battery life of the laptop is far below what has been advertised.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1WJZ5sWuAjqHWMdNGPhEgMmxDN?e=LoawBU...
  4. Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15: Hi When I install the audio driver for Windows 10, it works properly, but every time I restart the Windows , the driver goes away and the sound comes back as if without a driver and I have to reinstall it again. I'm tired of this problem please help meRegards MuhammedHp...
  5. Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15: Hi When I install the audio driver for Windows 10, it works properly, but every time I restart the Windows , the driver goes away and the sound comes back as if without a driver and I have to reinstall it again. I'm tired of this problem please help meRegards MuhammedHp...
  6. Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. i have an hp pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have an hp pavilion 15: hi i have a pavilion 15 it came with windows 7, but got a free update, 10 years down the line to today ive had to take to a store for factory reboot, but now its telling me the windows 10 which was installed in my laptop at the repair shop is saying not activated, i thought...
  8. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  9. Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15: Bluetooth Drivers for Hp in windows 10 Model HP pavilion. I have tried all options first it was working well with mediatek BT adaptor and now it automatically takes ralink drivers. When I try to add Bluetooth it say no Bluetooth available in PC I have tried almost all...
  10. Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Win 7 installation Error on HP Pavilion 15: Hello everybody, I have been using dual boot OS in previous laptops, but this time I have been unable to install Windows 7 due to installation problems. Overall I´d like to know if Win7 can run on the HP Pavilion 15. I need it because several programs don´t work in Win 10...