Windows 10: HP Pavilion Windows 10 - Runs really slow all of a sudden and gets back to normal

Discus and support HP Pavilion Windows 10 - Runs really slow all of a sudden and gets back to normal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all,I am facing a really weird problem with my HP pavilion laptop which has windows 10 home on it.Laptop is primarily used in a room downstairs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Delta#21, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Delta#21 Win User

HP Pavilion Windows 10 - Runs really slow all of a sudden and gets back to normal

Hello all,I am facing a really weird problem with my HP pavilion laptop which has windows 10 home on it.Laptop is primarily used in a room downstairs, it runs fantastic for the specs, however, recently out of the blue, it started running really slow even though there was no new things installed and it is pretty clean overall too.I tried system restore, reset PC option which gave temporary relief but then the problem would come back. Have also tried defrag/optimization of hard drives. And have scanned the pc for virus/malware too, no problems found.Few days ago, when it went slow, I happen to u

:)

Delta#21, Sep 10, 2021

2. HP Pavilion & Dell Studio Running Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134.285 Networking Issue

James-Horak, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Will Windows 10 run on a HP Pavilion XT963 PC?

This is talking about if Windows 10 will run on a HP Pavilion XT963 PC or not.

ThomasWoolum_1830, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

HP Pavilion Windows 10 - Runs really slow all of a sudden and gets back to normal

HP Pavilion & Dell Studio Running Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134.285 Networking Issue

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

Did you recently make any changes on your Dell Studio and HP Pavilion machines?

Could you please provide us the version, edition and built number of the operating system of all the computers?

Are you able to access Sony Vaio and Dell Inspiron machines from HP pavilion and Dell Studio using their IP addresses?

To check, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together on both (HP Pavilion and Dell studio) machines.

Type ‘\\IP address of Sony Vaio machine’

Run the same command for Dell studio machine.

I suggest you to try with the steps mentioned below.

Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together (on Dell Studio and HP pavilion).

Type ‘Services.msc’.

Find each of the services in the list below. On each service, right-click, select Properties, and set Startup type to Automatic (Delayed start), then click Apply and OK.

1: Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost).

2: Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub).

3: Network Connections (NetMan).

4: UPnP Device Host (UPnPHost).

5: Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc).

6: Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc).

7: Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc).

Also make sure that TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service is enabled.

Reboot the computers and see if the devices are visible.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

1. HP Pavilion Windows 10 - Runs really slow all of a sudden and gets back to normal - Similar Threads - Pavilion Runs really

2. My laptop is suddenly really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is suddenly really slow: A few days ago I started up my computer in the morning as I always do,the boot process was slightly slower but I didn't really think about it.But logging in to my account after entering my password took about 20 minutes,it used to login in a few seconds.The process after...
  3. Windows 2004 running really slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 2004 running really slow: I have recently gotten rid of my PC and gone for a laptop/egpu setup (I work as a software developer and travel a lot so I like having my files on the same device). I currently use the Razer Blade Stealth (2017) and the Nvidia GTX 980TI in the Razer Core X case. I have it...
  4. Windows slow all the sudden

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows slow all the sudden: Windows suddenly really slow to load up. Apps locking up. Even task manager locking up. File explorer not even opening. Reset didn't work. Am now in the middle of clean install from USB. Time from power up to setup screen almost an hour. Click anything and it takes at least...
  5. My windows 10 laptop is really slow all the sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows 10 laptop is really slow all the sudden: My laptop usually runs pretty good but all the sudden it's super slow,I tried opening apps and even right clicking on the home screen and nothing would load for awhile. I restarted it and it cant even start up and the screen is black and it usually takes 10 seconds to turn...
  6. HP Pavilion G6 1371EA running extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavilion G6 1371EA running extremely slow: Apologies if this seems a bit prematurely but I would like to get ready before diagnosing the laptop. *Redface My daughter’s laptop is running extremely slow, so slow I could not connect to it though TeamViewer. She will be bringing it to me on Sunday. I believe it has been...
  7. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  8. Will Windows 10 run on a HP Pavilion XT963 PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10 run on a HP Pavilion XT963 PC?: This is talking about if Windows 10 will run on a HP Pavilion XT963 PC or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-hp-pavilion-xt963-pc/93652985-c7a9-44a4-b358-8079d7bbb784
  9. hp pavilion running slow with websites and gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion running slow with websites and gaming: i have an hp pavilion desktop 510-a010, and I purchased it 2 years ago, back in late august of 2016. ever since I have had it, I have noticed that it is pretty impossible to play a game on this computer, and a lot of websites I go on to read, shop, etc. lag often. the only...
  10. Laptop running really slow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop running really slow.: Hi, Looking for help as my laptop takes about 5 secs to load every time I click something. Takes ever longer when I minimize an application and switch to another(that is already open). I just wanted to make sure if my laptop performance is just normal for the specs it has,...