Windows 10: HP Pavilion with Windows 10: Brightness adjustment simply not there anymore

Discus and support HP Pavilion with Windows 10: Brightness adjustment simply not there anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. I few days ago, the brightness adjust buttons on the keyboard simply stopped doing anything. I contacted HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tony 97446, May 7, 2019.

1. HP Pavilion with Windows 10: Brightness adjustment simply not there anymore

I use an HP Pavilion with Windows 10.

I few days ago, the brightness adjust buttons on the keyboard simply stopped doing anything. I contacted HP through chat and spent 2 hours watching the Rep manipulate my screen remotely with no effect.

I assume that I accidentally turned off a setting or adjusted a setting and do not recall what I did. Or...

I recently purchased a WD Discovery external hard drive and ran the software to make it work, and...

I recently downloaded (and subsequently deleted) some free video editing programs before finally purchasing Premiere Pro from Adobe.

Could any of these be the issue?

Please, serious answers only, and no "I have this problem, too, I wonder what it is?" responses. Thanks for your respect.

:)

Tony 97446, May 7, 2019

2. Adjust Screen Brightness and Resolution in Windows 10

The screen brightness adjustment keys of my HP Pavilion laptop are not recognized by Windows 10. It is so bright that it is harming our eyes. Also, I followed the suggested alternate steps from many websites and none of them worked as the brightness adjustment
    option is not at all available even not inside Control Panel.

Please note that before installing Windows 10, I got notification that my laptop is compatible for the upgrade. Can you please help?

Hirak Bhaumik, May 7, 2019
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2019
  4. HP Pavilion with Windows 10: Brightness adjustment simply not there anymore

HP Pavilion dv6 laptop, unable to adjust screen brightness after windows 10 upgrade

I have tried to read the responses to this issue, however, I have been unable to adjust the screen brightness. Anyone else been able to fix this on an HP Pavilion dv6?

William Zika, May 7, 2019
Thema:

HP Pavilion with Windows 10: Brightness adjustment simply not there anymore

1. HP Pavilion with Windows 10: Brightness adjustment simply not there anymore - Similar Threads - Pavilion Brightness adjustment

2. windows 10 brightness adjustment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 brightness adjustment: hiSince yesterday my brightness slider is missing from settings and easy access. I tried updating monitors and display adapters from device manager but I still cant change brightness. from keyboard also it doesnt work. I even tried third party apps but still it doesnt...
  3. Brightness not adjustable in windows 10!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness not adjustable in windows 10!: I can't seem to fix this issue, as the brightness seems to be stuck in either the lowest or highest brightness The brightness bar under quick access does not work and the Fn+F7/F8 doesn't do anything, I've tried updating/reinstalling display drivers, and tried some other...
  4. Display Adjustments in general not working on HP Pavilion dv7Notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Adjustments in general not working on HP Pavilion dv7Notebook: Recently I have been having issues getting any adjustments for my display in general to work. This includes display brightness and night light. I have updated my monitor drivers and have tried multiple troubleshooting methods and none and seemed to work. I started having this...
  5. Brightness adjustment Fn keys have stopped working on a HP Pavilion dm1-4125sa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjustment Fn keys have stopped working on a HP Pavilion dm1-4125sa: This question has been asked and standard troubleshooting has not worked. I have used System Restore to successfully rewind the computer to the 8th October where the the brightness adjustment keys on the F2 and F3 keys did work, then allowing Windows 10 re-install updates...
  6. adjust brightness

adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  7. Brightness adjuster not there

Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  8. Brightness adjustment not available at battery symbol anymore

Brightness adjustment not available at battery symbol anymore: I have a Surface 3 Pro running on Windows 10. There has always been a button to adjust the brightness if you clicked the battery symbol in the bottom right corner. After an update, maybe some weeks ago, this button disappeared and i have to navigate to the options menu to...
  9. HP Pavilion and Windows 10

HP Pavilion and Windows 10: I've had my HP Pavilion for about two years with Windows 10 preinstalled. I bought a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and a Surface bluetooth mouse with it. They worked perfectly for about 6 months but after automatic windows updates they started to work intermittently and now...
  10. Adjust brightness?

Adjust brightness?: I find the white of the win 10 windows just easy to bright, especially late are night. I don't wanna reduce my monitors brightness cos i have to up it again after to pay my xbox.is there a brightness setting? 31910