Windows 10: HP Pavilion X2: Can't reset password on 2nd hand device - desperate!!

Discus and support HP Pavilion X2: Can't reset password on 2nd hand device - desperate!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got my second had HP pavilion x2 10-n182ng detachable Unfortunately the previous user 'forgot' to wipe the Hard drive. Previous owner is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KKK543, Mar 28, 2020.

1. /u/KKK543 Win User

HP Pavilion X2: Can't reset password on 2nd hand device - desperate!!

I just got my second had HP pavilion x2 10-n182ng detachable

Unfortunately the previous user 'forgot' to wipe the Hard drive. Previous owner is not reachable anymore.

I tried the following without success:

- set boot order to USB DVD as 1st boot device, however I get a failed to boot from this device message. I can not boot from e.g. Windows 10 dvd, Ubuntu etc.

- tried to reset the pc via windows (either keep data or erase everything) : Each option asks me for a bitlocker recovery key which I don't have

- built-in 32GB eMMC is apparently unable to be changed for a different storage

What can I do? Thanks for your help!

submitted by /u/KKK543
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KKK543, Mar 28, 2020

2. HP Pavilion x2 Detachable i2c hid device code 10 (Touchscreen not working)

Lots of posts out there but none seem to ever have a working solution to this - I spent a few hours dealing with this problem recently and was able to find a way to make it work again - this post is just in case it helps anyone out there...

Still have 2 of these older but handy for reading / internet browsing laptops (T6S89UA#ABA)- when I updated to Windows 10 it gave me the hid device code 10 and the touchscreen mode stopped working.

My current update version is Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 17763.195

I am not sure what did the trick in the sequence or the combination of all of them or some of them but I 1) went to the HP site and re-installed all the associated drivers (this alone did not work), then 2) went to then went to

http://batcmd.com/windows/10/services/hidi2c/
    to download and re-install hidi2c and restated the computer (this alone did not work either), then 3) shut down the computer and then entered the BIOS mode - in the BIOS mode the computer touchscreen mode starts
    working which is a sure sign the issue is a software to hardware type issue as the screen works just fine, while in the BIOS mode a select "reset all the settings"...

I then saved and exited and when I restarted the computer - the touchscreen finally started working again - nice!

List of HP Drivers re-installed:

HP Pavilion x2 - 12-b020nr (ENERGY STAR)

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver

3.0 MB

sp73951.exe

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Client Driver

19.2 MB

sp73954.exe

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

63.3 MB

sp73961.exe

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

247.6 MB

sp85342.exe

Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver

17.5 MB

sp75218.exe

Intel Serial IO Driver

4.5 MB

sp73963.exe

Intel Virtual Buttons Driver

1.4 M

sp73964.exe

FatFoxShade, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Kane Win User
    HP Pavilion x2

hey, i've had a hp detachable pavilion x2 for a week or so, it came with 8.1 on it and i wasn't going to upgrade to 10 but thought sod it and upgraded earlier and now my mouse touchpad randomly stops working, the mouse pointer disappears and the keybooard stops working, i have to use an on screen keyboard and use the touch screen to get around

it says it is a ELAN touchpad, i've spent over an hour now googling this issue. all signs are pointing to it being a driver issue after a windows 10 upgrade yet i haven't seen an actual fix anywhere. can anyone point me to a link of the driver that i need please before i throw this thing into the street *Mad

elan say to contact manufacturer yet HP have nothing on their website unless i have completely missed something obvious. please help

4. Jimmyb Win User

HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP troubleshooter, its first step was to take me through Windows troubleshooter, through the drivers uninstall, it even had me reset my BIOS. HP have a hardware tester built into the UEFI, and on following the instructions, sounds out of the speakers, indicating a pass, but still no sounds from W10. The last suggestion from HP was to update the BIOS, however knowing the system worked before the upgrade decided against that. I followed the roll-back instruction, and after noting the audio drivers in 1709, found the same drivers in the roll backed version, but the sound was working again - bizarre!

Jimmyb, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Pavilion X2: Can't reset password on 2nd hand device - desperate!! - Similar Threads - Pavilion Can't reset

2. Purchased locked 2nd hand laptop, how can I reset user info and password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased locked 2nd hand laptop, how can I reset user info and password?: I bought an HP laptop second hand but it's locked and now the seller is not responding to my calls or messages so I have no idea how to get into it now with her old info. How can I reset the user info and password...
  3. HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu: HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x2-10-n125tu/f2c430ed-1ba7-42ce-87d7-f7a826285bb0
  4. HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu: HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x2-10-n125tu/f2c430ed-1ba7-42ce-87d7-f7a826285bb0
  5. HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n125tu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Password Reset Disk - 2nd Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password Reset Disk - 2nd Laptop: Can I create a password reset disk for my secondary Windows 10 computer? I only used a PIN to login for this laptop and forgot that local account passwords. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-disk-2nd-laptop/3033870a-9042-41a2-9435-197055d69498
  7. HP Pavilion x2 Detachable i2c hid device code 10 (Touchscreen not working)

HP Pavilion x2 Detachable i2c hid device code 10 (Touchscreen not working): Lots of posts out there but none seem to ever have a working solution to this - I spent a few hours dealing with this problem recently and was able to find a way to make it work again - this post is just in case it helps anyone out there... Still have 2 of these older but...
  8. HP Pavilion x2

HP Pavilion x2: hey, i've had a hp detachable pavilion x2 for a week or so, it came with 8.1 on it and i wasn't going to upgrade to 10 but thought sod it and upgraded earlier and now my mouse touchpad randomly stops working, the mouse pointer disappears and the keybooard stops working, i...
  9. HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound: I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP...
  10. Webcam drivers for HP Pavilion X2-10

Webcam drivers for HP Pavilion X2-10: The Webcam on this laptop has been working fine for some time, but just recently it stopped working and I believe this occurred after one of the automatic upgrades. Following considerable investigation I find that I have 2 drivers under Imaging devices, they are as follows....