Windows 10: HP Pavilion x360 Finger Print Scanner not installed

Discus and support HP Pavilion x360 Finger Print Scanner not installed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP Pavilion x360 laptop that has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The fingerprint scanner was working fine until I did a clean... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Abinav Shankar, Apr 7, 2021.

1. HP Pavilion x360 Finger Print Scanner not installed

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion x360 laptop that has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The fingerprint scanner was working fine until I did a clean install of Windows 10. Now, my computer doesn't even recognise my fingerprint scanner. It is not shown in the device manager. I have a lot of unknown devices in the device manager but I couldn't identify them because my laptop works perfectly fine except for the fingerprint scanner. I did manage to find the device driver on the HP website https://support.hp.com/ph-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-cd0000-x360-convertible-pc/20283983/model/22489839?sku=4PC24PA but installing the driver didn't help. The fingerprint scanner remains undetected to both Windows 10 and HP Hardware diagnostics software.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be helpful.

Thanks.

:)

Abinav Shankar, Apr 7, 2021

2. Will finger print scanner work on Windows 10?

Original Title: Windows 10 - Hardware

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 with finger print scanner, primarily used for Windows login, will the finger print scanner still work after upgrading to Windows 10?

Extra Info: Software installed is HP SimplePass, powered by AuthenTec.

AdamReynolds1785, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Mike#4229 Win User
    finger print scanner

finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please.

Mike#4229, Apr 7, 2021
  4. HP Pavilion x360 Finger Print Scanner not installed

HP Pavilion x360

How do I turn on the keyboard backlights for a HP Pavilion x360 laptop?

LisaFloresFD, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

HP Pavilion x360 Finger Print Scanner not installed

1. HP Pavilion x360 Finger Print Scanner not installed - Similar Threads - Pavilion x360 Finger

2. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  3. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  4. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  5. finger print scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  6. HP ENVY FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP ENVY FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING: After a recent update, my fingerprint scanner does not work on my HP ENVY x360 running Windows 10. I have done all of the recommendation, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Made sure I had all the recent updates, yet Windows Hello Fingerprint still stats that this...
  7. Finger Print scanner

Finger Print scanner: Hi, I have an HP envy 13 laptop with a touchscreen and my fingerprint scanner doesn't appear to be working. I have had it set up previously but the laptop now makes me use a PIN. I've been into settings to try and set up the scanner again but under windows hello fingerprint...
  8. hp pavilion x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp pavilion x360: i updated my laptop to the most software update and now i cant hear my middle speaker. i can only hear the ones on the side. please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360/66d5292f-f477-4c8a-be91-046f5bc421c4
  9. HP Pavilion x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion x360: I just bought this HP Pavilion and it is supposed to backlight the keyboard in dim light. How do I activate it? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360/79aa9fb8-0b7e-44b9-86a2-806cb3830015
  10. Finger print scanner on hp envy

Finger print scanner on hp envy: I have windows 10 and window hello installed. But when I set it up I didn't activate the fingerprint scanner it said I could do it later. Later, i went into the sign in section in setting and found that windows hello was activated. The option for the facial recognition was...