Windows 10: HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809

Discus and support HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am disposing of this computer and wanted to do a reset with deletion of all of my personal info.. The reset worked, but instead of resetting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanBancroft, Jun 26, 2019.

1. HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809

I am disposing of this computer and wanted to do a reset with deletion of all of my personal info.. The reset worked, but instead of resetting with windows 10 / 1809 which was the op system prior to the reset it reset back to windows 8.1 which was the original system. (Not only that, but I have also lost all of the software for wi-fi, touch screen, and other features. I have windows 10 / 1809 on a backup usb, but the product key which was with the 1809 system in the computer before the reset will not activate the setup. The product key input page at the commencement of the setup gives me a message "0 is not a valid character" "0" being the first character of the lost system key. Is there any way to recover the lost system, or should I just chuck the computer away. I wanted to give it to my great grandson, but unless I can recover the system that is unlikely to happen.

:)

IanBancroft, Jun 26, 2019

2. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

HP Spectre 13-ae000 x360 Convertible PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809 :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Jun 26, 2019
  3. I just bought a HP Pavillion x360. I am unable to copy and paste the usual way

I just bought an HP Pavillion x360 and am unable to copy and paste the usual way by highlighting the word or phrase then use right click to paste... This is aggravating

vivienhowe, Jun 26, 2019
  4. HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809

Factory reset on a hp pavillion ze4930us

How to factory reset hp Pavillion se4930us notebook pc

RandallDiel, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809

1. HP Pavillion x360 reset to 8.1 instead of 10 / 1809 - Similar Threads - Pavillion x360 reset

2. Touchpad doesn’t work on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad doesn’t work on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx: For a few weeks now my I2C HID Device is showing an error 10 code. I’ve tried to update the driver and disable it, restart and enable it but these fixes were temporary and now don’t work anymore. My touchpad isn’t responsive at all....
  3. Touchpad doesn’t work on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad doesn’t work on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx: For a few weeks now my I2C HID Device is showing an error 10 code. I’ve tried to update the driver and disable it, restart and enable it but these fixes were temporary and now don’t work anymore. My touchpad isn’t responsive at all....
  4. HP Pavillion x360 convertible - The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion x360 convertible - The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever...: Hello,The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever the laptop is flipped into a tablet.I wanted to know what is the solution for this issue....
  5. HP Pavillion x360 convertible - The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion x360 convertible - The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever...: Hello,The airplane mode turns on and off automatically whenever the laptop is flipped into a tablet.I wanted to know what is the solution for this issue....
  6. $10 Prize - Drawing issue (HP Pavillion x360)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    $10 Prize - Drawing issue (HP Pavillion x360): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WhiteMaze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eup4fj/10_prize_drawing_issue_hp_pavillion_x360/
  7. Reset HP Pavillion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset HP Pavillion: I am trying to sell my computer so i am trying to factory reset the pc. Everytime i try and reset the pc it leaves me with the message “there was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made.” I dont know why it wont let me reset it and i need to reset it to wipe my...
  8. HP Pavillion x360 Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavillion x360 Problems: Since getting my new laptop, I've encountered two really annoying problems with it that I can't find any solutions to: 1. Opening up folders causes immediate problems. The program will freeze and say Not Working, and it'll stay like that for a couple of minutes before the...
  9. HP Pavillion Troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Pavillion Troubles: Last night my laptop worked perfectly fine. I turned it on when I arrived at home today only to have the Start menu not work, Cortona doesn't work either, my pins to taskbar do not show, as well as the right hand icons (sound, network, etc.) Any suggestions?...
  10. What is the best version of Windows and IE for HP pavillion x360

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the best version of Windows and IE for HP pavillion x360: I'm running Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11. I was upgraded to Windows 10 & don't know which IE it was using b/c Im just now learning all this myself, I didnt even know you could choose etc. Long story but I had to do a factory reset. Now I would like to know info and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavilion x360 - 14-dh1997nz install windows 8.1

2. copy of win 8.1 for hp 360 pavilion

3. upgrade windows pavillion 360 to default

4. can windows 10 be installed on hp pavilion x360,
  5. how to restore hp pavilion x360 8.1,
  6. how to reset hp pavilion x360 windows 8.1