Windows 10: HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10

Discus and support HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP 8450 worked perfectly well until the 16 June, since I get a status error message when trying to print. My update history shows changes to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulMcAllister3, Jun 24, 2019.

1. HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10

My HP 8450 worked perfectly well until the 16 June, since I get a status error message when trying to print. My update history shows changes to the Dot4prt.sys driver.

None of the recommended fixes have worked ( remove and reinstall etc) and despite HP saying that the driver for the 8450 is included in Windows 10 this seems not to be the case.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

:)

PaulMcAllister3, Jun 24, 2019
  2. redkcir Win User

HP Photosmart 8450 and windows 10

Method 1 - The Fixit Tool listed does not work on Windows 10.

Method 2 - Again you are referencing a fix for Windows 8, not 10.

Your answers are ignoring the problem - Hardware that worked before upgrading to Windows 10 no longer do.

The HP Photosmart is an upper priced printer and the HP drivers should have been built in.

Once more an "upgrade" results in less functionality of the operating system.

From the looks of it the "Microsoft Windows 10 Family" is a bit dysfunctional.

redkcir, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Oubliette Win User
    HP Photosmart 8450 and windows 10

Hi,

I have been able to resolve this issue. Some background:

I have the printer connected to my LAN.

I upgraded two PCs one from Windows 7 and one from Windows 8.1

In both cases I chose not to retain any data so I guess that pretty much does a from scratch Windows 10 install.

After the update I went to add the 8450 only to find there was no driver available.

I updated the drivers list from Windows update and there was then an 8400 series driver available.

I have installed this and the printer appears to work fine so far.

In detail:

On the Devices and Printers window click "Add a printer".

The system will scan for printers - it didn't find mine.

On the "Choose a device or printer to add to this PC" window click "The printer that I want isn't listed"

On the "Find a printer by other options" window select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname" and click "Next"

On the next window enter the IP address of the printer and click "Next"

You should then see the "Install the printer driver" window. At this point click on "Windows Update" and retire to prepare you favourite beverage.

Once the update is complete you should be able to select "HP" under "Manufacturer" and then "HP Photosmart 8400 Series" under Printers. Click "Next"

The driver should install and you will be prompted to print a test page.

Good luck.

Oubliette, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Gowrish_S Win User

HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10

"HP Photosmart Essential" Issue

Hi Oliver Perry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions for us-

- Were you able to use HP Photosmart Essentials earlier?

- Was there any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?

Please try these steps and let us know:

1. Open Settings and navigate to Apps>> Apps and Features and click on HP Photosmart Essentials and select the option to Repair.
    2. If you are unable to find the application in Apps and features, please download the HP Photosmart from HP website. This is the

link
      to download HP Photosmart Essentials.

You may also refer to this article to check if that helps.

Search for anything, anywhere:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17190/windows-10-search-for-anything

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10

1. HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - photosmart 8450

2. HPPrinter Support[18445399831] phone number - HP Photosmart 5520

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HPPrinter Support[18445399831] phone number - HP Photosmart 5520: Hi,I have been refered here by the techs on the HP forum.The print assistant for my 5520 won’t open. I have recently moved to windows 10 and initially there were no issues.I have uninstalled and reinstalled using HP Print and Scan Doctor. I can print wirelessly and the...
  3. HPPrinter Support[18445399831] phone number - HP Photosmart 5520

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HPPrinter Support[18445399831] phone number - HP Photosmart 5520: Hi,I have been refered here by the techs on the HP forum.The print assistant for my 5520 won’t open. I have recently moved to windows 10 and initially there were no issues.I have uninstalled and reinstalled using HP Print and Scan Doctor. I can print wirelessly and the...
  4. How to get Windows 11 to recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers, tried but didn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 11 to recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers, tried but didn't...: Windows 11 didn't recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers but they were installed. Even afshowedter plugging into usb port I went to device manager & it showed nothing connected nor in the task tray no usb to disconnect from....
  5. How to get Windows 11 to recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers, tried but didn't...

How to get Windows 11 to recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers, tried but didn't...: Windows 11 didn't recognize HP Photosmart M307 camera drivers but they were installed. Even afshowedter plugging into usb port I went to device manager & it showed nothing connected nor in the task tray no usb to disconnect from....
  6. Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer: Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer which is wireless to my new stream HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-connect-my-hp-photosmart-printer-to-my-new/011cd6d5-a284-4a2b-a837-4b7d76abbb56
  7. Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer

Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer: Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer which is wireless to my new stream HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-connect-my-hp-photosmart-printer-to-my-new/011cd6d5-a284-4a2b-a837-4b7d76abbb56
  8. Can I connect my HP Photosmart printer to my new stream HP computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. No 64-bit W10 Pro USB printer driver for an old HP Photosmart 8450 printer from 2004?

No 64-bit W10 Pro USB printer driver for an old HP Photosmart 8450 printer from 2004?: HP says to use Windows', but it doesn't offer me one. HP Smart app can't find my connected printer. : Ethernet cable connection works though, but I prefer USB cable. Do I need to replace this 8450 printer? :Thank you for reading for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  10. HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working.

HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working.: I have a HP photosmart 8450 printer and cannot get it to work on my new Windows 10 home computer. Originally I had it connected to my previous Windows 7 computer and it worked fine. Will this printer work with my new Windows 10 home edition computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will hp photosmart 8450 work on windows 10

2. windows 10 wont recognize hp photosmart 8450

3. photosmart 8450 driver windows 10

4. My HP Photosmart 8450 printer will not print from my windows 10 laptop,
  5. hp photosmart 8450 printer troubleshooting,
  6. hp photosmart 8450 not working windows 10 1903,
  7. hp photosmart 8450 not connecting after windows 10 update,
  8. hp photosmart 8450 windows 10