Windows 10: HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working.

Discus and support HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP photosmart 8450 printer and cannot get it to work on my new Windows 10 home computer. Originally I had it connected to my previous Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnYakup, Mar 19, 2020.

1. JohnYakup Win User

HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working.

I have a HP photosmart 8450 printer and cannot get it to work on my new Windows 10 home computer. Originally I had it connected to my previous Windows 7 computer and it worked fine. Will this printer work with my new Windows 10 home edition computer.

:)

JohnYakup, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Oubliette Win User

HP Photosmart 8450 and windows 10

Hi,

I have been able to resolve this issue. Some background:

I have the printer connected to my LAN.

I upgraded two PCs one from Windows 7 and one from Windows 8.1

In both cases I chose not to retain any data so I guess that pretty much does a from scratch Windows 10 install.

After the update I went to add the 8450 only to find there was no driver available.

I updated the drivers list from Windows update and there was then an 8400 series driver available.

I have installed this and the printer appears to work fine so far.

In detail:

On the Devices and Printers window click "Add a printer".

The system will scan for printers - it didn't find mine.

On the "Choose a device or printer to add to this PC" window click "The printer that I want isn't listed"

On the "Find a printer by other options" window select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname" and click "Next"

On the next window enter the IP address of the printer and click "Next"

You should then see the "Install the printer driver" window. At this point click on "Windows Update" and retire to prepare you favourite beverage.

Once the update is complete you should be able to select "HP" under "Manufacturer" and then "HP Photosmart 8400 Series" under Printers. Click "Next"

The driver should install and you will be prompted to print a test page.

Good luck.

Oubliette, Mar 19, 2020
  3. HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10

My HP 8450 worked perfectly well until the 16 June, since I get a status error message when trying to print. My update history shows changes to the Dot4prt.sys driver.

None of the recommended fixes have worked ( remove and reinstall etc) and despite HP saying that the driver for the 8450 is included in Windows 10 this seems not to be the case.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

PaulMcAllister3, Mar 19, 2020
  4. redkcir Win User

HP Photosmart 8450 and windows 10

Method 1 - The Fixit Tool listed does not work on Windows 10.

Method 2 - Again you are referencing a fix for Windows 8, not 10.

Your answers are ignoring the problem - Hardware that worked before upgrading to Windows 10 no longer do.

The HP Photosmart is an upper priced printer and the HP drivers should have been built in.

Once more an "upgrade" results in less functionality of the operating system.

From the looks of it the "Microsoft Windows 10 Family" is a bit dysfunctional.

redkcir, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working. - Similar Threads - Photosmart 8450 printer

2. No 64-bit W10 Pro USB printer driver for an old HP Photosmart 8450 printer from 2004?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No 64-bit W10 Pro USB printer driver for an old HP Photosmart 8450 printer from 2004?: HP says to use Windows', but it doesn't offer me one. HP Smart app can't find my connected printer. : Ethernet cable connection works though, but I prefer USB cable. Do I need to replace this 8450 printer? :Thank you for reading for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  3. HP Photosmart 6510 Printer

HP Photosmart 6510 Printer: I was trying to print this morning & it is only printing red. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-6510-printer/cb6f3e47-d3ad-488c-9d9c-e5bdd046cee5
  4. HP-PHOTOSMART 5520 printer/scanner..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP-PHOTOSMART 5520 printer/scanner..: How can I scan multiple pages on my HP-Photosmart 5520 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-5520-printerscanner/0757a736-7fa4-49fe-b728-47325a1d43aa
  5. HP Photosmart 5520 Printer problem

HP Photosmart 5520 Printer problem: My printer prints from internet web pages but not from my e mail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-5520-printer-problem/5a2d497b-f66a-4de9-bcac-bb3ce34bc5a9
  6. HP Photosmart 6525 Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Photosmart 6525 Printer Offline: How do I get my 6525 Photosmart Printer back online. It displays that it is connected to my laptop but will not print. Error that printer is offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-6525-printer-offline/f6bca584-ff3a-4cc5-9500-6f1fff47499f
  7. HP Photosmart D110a wireless printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Photosmart D110a wireless printer: My laptop where my printer software was had a hard drive failure. I had the laptop repaired but lost all my files. Attempted to install the printer software from my CD but apparently it is no longer compatible. I am now on a Windows 10 operating system. How can I...
  8. HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10

HP photosmart 8450 and Windows 10: My HP 8450 worked perfectly well until the 16 June, since I get a status error message when trying to print. My update history shows changes to the Dot4prt.sys driver. None of the recommended fixes have worked ( remove and reinstall etc) and despite HP saying that the...
  9. HP PHOTOSMART C3180 PRINTER

HP PHOTOSMART C3180 PRINTER: Hi, I reinstalled my hp c3180 printer, it will print a test page but no other file. Also, each time I switch it on, it prints the test page. I use Window 10. Any help appreciated....
  10. HP Photosmart D110 printer not recognized

HP Photosmart D110 printer not recognized: Why doesn't my Dell Inspiron i3531-1200BK recognise my HP Photosmart D110 printer when I try to scan something to PDF? All I get is a message that Windows does not recognise the peripheral attached to the USB port. 65301