Windows 10: HP photosmart printer knocked offline after power surge

Discus and support HP photosmart printer knocked offline after power surge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have done absolutely everything to get my beloved old printer back, it is still making copies but cant seem to communicate with my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by angelalangan, Oct 8, 2018.

1. HP photosmart printer knocked offline after power surge

Hello, I have done absolutely everything to get my beloved old printer back, it is still making copies but cant seem to communicate with my desktop Windows 10/ 64 bit. First I reloaded the drivers and software, it gave me Printer offline, finally I removed it and reinstalled it and now it just says error. I can see my prininting projects in the print que so there is some communication, I have un plugged everything a zillion times, I feel it must just be something little I am overlooking. When I open manage my devices, oddly I don't show PRINTER anywhere, but there are subfiles related to this. I have possstage labels I need to get done, any help appreciated. I can open the windows print app, it just goes round and round.

:)

angelalangan, Oct 8, 2018

2. HP Printer offline

I have recently purchased a new PC and although the printer I have (HP Photosmart 5520) is connected and has printed once or twice it keeps going offline. I have tried the usual suggested fixes such as running the print spooling and checked to see if the
    'use printer offline' button was checked but to no avail. The wireless connection says its connected. Tried the turning off / back on method as well. Windows printer trouble shoot said printer was switched off which is rubbish as its on. Help

Stephen Ruston, Oct 8, 2018
  3. HP Photosmart 385 printer stopped working after Windows 10 install

My HP Photosmart printer stopped working after I upgraded my PC to Windows 10. This printer is still available for sale on Amazon and other places. I have tried all of the troubleshooting and HP related 'suggestions' to activate the printer -- including
    removing and reinstalling the printer.

Apparently there are no HP drivers (or online support) for their 'old' products. The drivers suggested and installed are from Windows 10 for the HP Photosmart 380 series.

When I try to print a test page all I get is 'error - printing on HP Photosmart 380'. and obviously I cannot

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnDTomlinson, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Sltoo Win User

HP photosmart printer knocked offline after power surge

HP Photosmart C4580 Printer compatability

I have done all of these things 10 times over already.

Sometimes I can print and sometimes I can't but my bigger issue is a pop-up that Is impossible to close when I start my computer.

It says:

"Wait while windows configures HPPhotosmartessentials"

It has a box to browse for the location of an .msi file.

I have tried every possible file that it could be to no avail.

The program is on my computer as I did a download of HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 as well as HP Photo Creations and lastly HP Print and Scan Doctor

The another pop-up opens like if is searching for the program.

I have to try to close the pop-ups numerous times and finally got to task manager to get it to close.

Sometimes it just comes back hours later.

Downloaded all updates from HP but none of them solve the problem.

Removed the printer and added it back again and it is always the default printer.

Connected via USB not using it wirelessly.

Very frustrated. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Win10

IE11

HP Pavilion PC

HP C4580 printer

Sltoo, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

HP photosmart printer knocked offline after power surge

1. HP photosmart printer knocked offline after power surge - Similar Threads - photosmart printer knocked

2. HP Photosmart 6510 Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Photosmart 6510 Printer: I was trying to print this morning & it is only printing red. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-6510-printer/cb6f3e47-d3ad-488c-9d9c-e5bdd046cee5
  3. HP-PHOTOSMART 5520 printer/scanner..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP-PHOTOSMART 5520 printer/scanner..: How can I scan multiple pages on my HP-Photosmart 5520 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-5520-printerscanner/0757a736-7fa4-49fe-b728-47325a1d43aa
  4. HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working.

HP Photosmart 8450 printer not working.: I have a HP photosmart 8450 printer and cannot get it to work on my new Windows 10 home computer. Originally I had it connected to my previous Windows 7 computer and it worked fine. Will this printer work with my new Windows 10 home edition computer....
  5. HP Photosmart 5520 Printer problem

HP Photosmart 5520 Printer problem: My printer prints from internet web pages but not from my e mail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-5520-printer-problem/5a2d497b-f66a-4de9-bcac-bb3ce34bc5a9
  6. HP Photosmart 6525 Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Photosmart 6525 Printer Offline: How do I get my 6525 Photosmart Printer back online. It displays that it is connected to my laptop but will not print. Error that printer is offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-6525-printer-offline/f6bca584-ff3a-4cc5-9500-6f1fff47499f
  7. HP Photosmart D110a wireless printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Photosmart D110a wireless printer: My laptop where my printer software was had a hard drive failure. I had the laptop repaired but lost all my files. Attempted to install the printer software from my CD but apparently it is no longer compatible. I am now on a Windows 10 operating system. How can I...
  8. HP PHOTOSMART C3180 PRINTER

HP PHOTOSMART C3180 PRINTER: Hi, I reinstalled my hp c3180 printer, it will print a test page but no other file. Also, each time I switch it on, it prints the test page. I use Window 10. Any help appreciated....
  9. Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?: Normally, your printer back at home or office could be offline due to a variety of reasons. It could be that your printer’s drivers that operate the printer for your computer could have become corrupt or outdated. Or, the cable that connects them both could be faulty and not...
  10. HP Photosmart D110 printer not recognized

HP Photosmart D110 printer not recognized: Why doesn't my Dell Inspiron i3531-1200BK recognise my HP Photosmart D110 printer when I try to scan something to PDF? All I get is a message that Windows does not recognise the peripheral attached to the USB port. 65301