Windows 10: HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update

Discus and support HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So in the last week or so I have not been able to print from my laptop. When I try to print any documents the print queue shows "0 documents pending."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RomeyCoyle, Sep 14, 2019.

1. HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update

So in the last week or so I have not been able to print from my laptop. When I try to print any documents the print queue shows "0 documents pending." I was on the computer with HP for over 2 hours and they said it is a problem with Microsoft. Of course, I have made several attempts to get someone with Microsoft to help and the one time I get to talk to someone they are in another country and did not hardly do anything when taking over my computer. They told me that my issue has to be pushed up higher and that someone would be call today... well that hasn't happened.

Has anyone else had an issue with documents not printing since the latest Windows 10 update? I can print from my phone. I can print diagnostic reports from the HP app on my computer and I can scan. All of the drives are present and working. The printer does not show "offline." The printer has been uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times by me and by the 2 HP personnel. I feel that it has to be something having to do with a corrupted file after the update, but it can be anything. But obviously the Microsoft guy I talked to two days ago was clueless and of no help. So I am now reaching out to you! I'd rather not have to wipe out stuff on here if I can avoid it. I haven't tried to just reset the computer yet, but I guess I should do that next if no one here has had the same, or similar, problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

RomeyCoyle, Sep 14, 2019

2. HP wireless printer communications

HP wireless printer communications keeps getting lost and I need to reboot the device. The HP printer apps are listed in the Defender acceptance list but communications are still lost. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

MichaelThomas_0146, Sep 25, 2019
  3. GaryS25 Win User
    HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update

Hi Romey! Thank you for providing such a detailed information in regards to your concern.

I would like to ask a few extra questions to best isolate the issue on your end.

1. What is the version of your windows 10? (To identify, open up the run command by pressing the windows key and the R key and type in winver.

2. Was the printer connected through a wired or wireless connection?

3. Is your computer a laptop or a desktop?

4. Have you tried resetting up your printer?

5. Were you able to take note of what update took place? (To identify which update took place

Windows Key+i to invoke Settings > Update & Security > Click View installed update history.)

Here's a few basic troubleshooting steps which could be of help.

Run printer troubleshooter

The tool normally helps identify any possible any unstable configuration on the device which is preventing

Press Windows + I to open the settings app,

Click update & security, then troubleshoot,

Here on right-hand side select printer and click run the troubleshooter,

This will scan and detect problems and try to fix them

During the troubleshooting process, this will restart the print spooler service

Automatically clear the corrupted print spooler files

Also, detect if an outdated printer driver causing the problem

Restart windows after complete the process and check the printer working properly.

Clearing the print spooler

Clearing the print spooler helps with resetting the application that normally manages the print jobs in your queue

Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok

This will open windows service console, scroll down and look for print spooler

Right click on print spooler service select stop, and minimize the Windows service console

Now press Windows + R, type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers and ok

And delete Delete all the files of inside this folder

Again go to the ‘Services’ console.

Find the ‘Print Spooler’ service,

right-click on it and choose ‘Start’.

Updating the printer driver

Any missing components on the printer would cause the print functionality to malfunction, therefore it is always a good idea to update and check the manufacturer's website for any updated drivers available for your printer.

Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.

Expand Printers, and find your printer in the list,

right-click it, then select Update Driver.

Click on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.

It will start looking for the latest drivers on the internet and ask you to install them.

Reinstalling the driver

If updating a driver software didn’t work, then try removing the driver completely and reinstalling them again.

Press Windows + I to open settings,

Then navigate to ‘Devices > Printers & Scanners’.

Find your printer, click on it to expand options and click on ‘Remove device’ button.

Go to the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Print Management’ and press ‘Enter’ key.

Select all the printers, right-click on it and ‘Delete’ all of them.

Restart your PC, plug back the printer’s cable and start installing the drivers again.

Also you can visit the printer manufacturer website to download and install the latest available driver. Check if this help to fix printer problems on windows 10.

Click Here

Set default printer

Sometimes your printer device may not have been set as default device which could be causing the issue.

Go to ‘Control Panel’ and change the view to large icons.

Search for ‘Devices and Printers’ option.

Click on any of the connected printers and choose ‘Set as default printer’ option.

Add printer again

Press ‘Win + I’ keys to open Windows Settings

navigate to the path ‘Devices > Printers & Scanners’.

Click on the previously added printer and choose ‘Remove Device’.

Unplug and then plug back the printer in the USB port.

Click on ‘Add a printer or scanner’ and let it find your device again.

Click on your device and add it.

Check if this helps

Fix network printer problems

If you are having a problem with network sharing printer

Check the firewall and Antivirus/network protection software. These programs might block the incoming connection to the shared printer.

Disable VPN if configured on your system.

Turn on Network Discovery

Open Control Panel.

Then click Network and Sharing Center,

In the left pane, click Change advanced sharing settings.

Click Turn on network discovery, and then click Save changes.

GaryS25, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Printer and computer not communicating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:

Fix printer problems

If you have recently upgraded your Windows and the printer is not working after that, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in article:

Fix printer problems after updating or upgrading to Windows 10

Please write back with more information (error message or outcome of the above troubleshooting steps) in order to help him fix the issue.

Naresh_K, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update - Similar Threads - printer Lenovo laptop

2. Printer communication error after windows udate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer communication error after windows udate.: I am using canon LBP 2900 B Printer. It was working fine for at least 3 years.but after a windows update it keep saying communication error. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and printer. Still nothing worked. Printer is working good with another pc....
  3. Printer communication error after windows udate.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer communication error after windows udate.: I am using canon LBP 2900 B Printer. It was working fine for at least 3 years.but after a windows update it keep saying communication error. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and printer. Still nothing worked. Printer is working good with another pc....
  4. After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn: I receive a message that says: Please wait while we install a system update. Don't turn off your computer. This happen a couple times. The first it happened I left the laptop on for a day and the it got so hot. I was afraid this would harm the laptop. I was able to do a hard...
  5. After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn: I receive a message that says: Please wait while we install a system update. Don't turn off your computer. This happen a couple times. The first it happened I left the laptop on for a day and the it got so hot. I was afraid this would harm the laptop. I was able to do a hard...
  6. cant get laptop to communicate with the printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant get laptop to communicate with the printer: cant get my Lenovo 330S to communicate with my HP Officejet 6970 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-laptop-to-communicate-with-the-printer/35c5ada6-c627-497b-b113-bc838520d853
  7. Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update

Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update: Hi Guys, my Acer laptop I got last 2016 have 2 3.0 and a 2.0 usb ports..ever since my old Epson printers (L120 and L360) and a cutter plotter (Cameo 3) works fine in any port..but just last week while installing a not so new Brother T710w printer, the laptop's Windows 10...
  8. HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809...

HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809...: I have used an HP Photosmart 8150 printer since 2005. Originally running under Windows XP, it currently runs under Windows 10, version 1809. Recently, on May 23, 2019, Microsoft sent my PC a cumulative Windows 10, version 1809 update along with a driver update identified as...
  9. HP wireless printer communications

HP wireless printer communications: HP wireless printer communications keeps getting lost and I need to reboot the device. The HP printer apps are listed in the Defender acceptance list but communications are still lost. Does anyone know how to prevent this?...
  10. Printer not communicating

Printer not communicating: Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked...