Windows 10: HP Printer connected but not working with computer

Discus and support HP Printer connected but not working with computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my hp laptop and printer are connected, but I can't pring from e-mail. Why not. I get a connection through OneNote to printer but that doesn't allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonnaHardy2, Jun 20, 2019.

1. HP Printer connected but not working with computer

my hp laptop and printer are connected, but I can't pring from e-mail. Why not. I get a connection through OneNote to printer but that doesn't allow printing either.

:)

DonnaHardy2, Jun 20, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

HP Printer connected but not working with computer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

HP Printer connected but not working with computer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 20, 2019
  3. printer connect to computer

I can't got my printer connected back to computer. Its not list in my devices list on computer. I have to down load a new driver from HP but still won't connect. I have unplug cable from computer and reconnect I heard bell when reconnected to computer
    but it still won't work. I am use to the old windows when plug printer into computer the computer will find it and tell how to connect to computer. Tell what else can do to solve beside buying another printer.

JamesReedar, Jun 20, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

HP Printer connected but not working with computer

Help! new hp printer not working on win98 computer

i was asked to go look at an old dell computer (about 7-8 years old)

the problem is they bought a new printer for it (i dont know what type of printer it is) but they said it wont work on that computer but it does work on the other computer they have that is newer and uses win xp. they also said that the drivers wont load from the cd, they put the cd in and nothing happens. thats all the info they gave me lol.

now i havent got to look at it yet (will look at it in the morning) but the question i have is there any reason the new printer shouldnt run in win98? they were told by a few people the computer was just too old to run the new printer but none of these people are qualified techs just do gooders looking at it. first thing to check is if cd player still works lol.

by the way this is two different offices with seperate computers and files so no shared connections through a network, this must be stand alone computer and printer.

questions:

1) is there any reason a new printer would be unable to run on win98?

2) is it possible the new printers driver cd is just not compatible with the older cd player?

3) assuming its just a driver issue, is there a generic driver i could use to run the printer on win98?

keakar, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

HP Printer connected but not working with computer

1. HP Printer connected but not working with computer - Similar Threads - Printer connected working

2. HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet': Printer was working fine until this message popped up. Have tried online fixes but unable to fix.At another stage the printer display read: "reconnect the hardware device to the computer"???printer seems to work fine but can't scan to/from computer. Any advice?Using HP...
  3. HP Printer display: "Printer cannot connect to the internet".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Printer display: "Printer cannot connect to the internet".: Any advice to fix this? My HP Deskjet 3050A j611 IS connected and working fine.This message appears at all times on the printer...even while it is printing from the internet.Getting support/help from HP is not worth the bother of trying.Any suggestions to remove the message...
  4. Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to connect a HP LaserJet 6P printer to my computer.: Have a HP LaserJet 6P printer. I know, OLD, but still works great. Trying to connect to my computer without success. Computer is an ACER M4 Series PC with Windows 10 Pro - 64bit ver 2004 Cable has IEEE ECP 1284C at printer and USB 2.0 at computer. Computer does NOT have...
  5. Hp Printer Connect Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Printer Connect Wifi: Hp printer connect wifi becomes a straight forward task with hp software tools. Hp offers you the innovative quality of printers due to the task of hp wireless printer setup hassle-free. Maybe, your operating system not up to date or facing some network issues that become the...
  6. HP Printer won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Printer won't work: I am getting a warning that I cannot upload or down load documents because my cached credentials have expired. It wants our email address, and a pin number. Is this for the printer or the word program, outlook, WHAT?...
  7. HP printers won't work

HP printers won't work: Have a laptop with WIndows 10. Have 2 different HP photosmart printers. Usually just use the one and all has been fine - except for the couple of weeks. Now nothing prints on either. I've uninstalled/reinstalled each printer. When something does print it's just a bunch...
  8. Connecting printer to computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting printer to computer: I can't get my laptop to connect with our printer. Keeps coming up with message "Printer offline". I have used the Microsoft help and troubleshooter with no success. Any suggestions?...
  9. My HP Printer is Not Working and Not Connecting to Printer and Computer, Now What Should I Do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My HP Printer is Not Working and Not Connecting to Printer and Computer, Now What Should I Do?: Can I get help by dialing Hp help desk 855.925.7078...... Can anyone help me plzzzzzz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-printer-is-not-working-and-not-connecting-to/e18c5f1a-43cb-4543-9cb1-97c43797def3
  10. Printer not connecting to computer

Printer not connecting to computer: Hi ,,I have been changing inks and it gave an error and would not print ,so I tried to reinstall printer drivers and software and now it says in computer settings "network offline" and it will not communicate with printer. Could you please tell me how to make it online with...