Windows 10: HP printer driver bug/issue

Discus and support HP printer driver bug/issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've seen a couple posts about this, and I have a question for those who really know. What are you suppose to do if you don't have a printer anymore,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bobby Phoenix, Jul 26, 2021.

1. HP printer driver bug/issue

I've seen a couple posts about this, and I have a question for those who really know. What are you suppose to do if you don't have a printer anymore, but Windows installed the one with the bug? Do you think Windows will send an update through Windows Update if it detects the bad driver? Screen clip, and quote, below for exact issue. 16-Year-Old HP Printer-Driver Bug Impacts Millions of Windows Machines | Threatpost Thus, in effect, this driver gets installed and loaded without even asking or notifying the user, explained the researchers. Whether you are configuring the printer to work wirelessly or via a USB cable, this driver gets loaded. In addition, it will be loaded by Windows on every boot. This makes the driver a perfect candidate to target since it will always be loaded on the machine even if there is no printer connected.

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Jul 26, 2021
  2. bookfox Win User

HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    HP Printer Driver Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use the scanner of your HP Officejet 3830 printer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What happens when you try to use the scanner?
    • Do you receive any error message/code?
    • When you say “they can't reinstall drivers because they say Windows 10 is blocking it” what is the error message you see when attempting to reinstall the driver?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to try running HP Print and Scan Doctor on your
    computer. This will diagnose the issues with Printing and Scanning.

Please reply with more information on the issue to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Rashkavar Win User

HP printer driver bug/issue

HP Printer driver installation issue

Greetings,

I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that stage of the install process.

Not sure it matters, because we know the printers are working fine on other computers, but there is a M1212nf MFP and a P1606dn.

I've inquired with HP via their forums (after giving up on their email submission system) and was referred to this page: HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions as to what I can do. The lady I'm doing this for is insisting on tracking hours and paying me, and is busy enough that I have to work around her schedule, thus I want to have as many options as possible to try when I'm there on Wednesday.

Rashkavar, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

HP printer driver bug/issue

1. HP printer driver bug/issue - Similar Threads - printer driver bug

2. HP Printer Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Driver Problem: Downloaded the printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro 400 series, M451dn. Attempted to install, restarted, unplugged, restarted again and continue to get the fatal error message unable to install. Works fine on other computers without Windows 10 Pro....
  3. HP Printer driver problem.

HP Printer driver problem.: Lately when I run windows update I see this: A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. Then if I say retry I get this: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741 Successfully...
  4. HP printer issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP printer issue: I am using a HP desighjet 500 printer, running a windows 10 OS and when updaes my printer stops working. Is a fix for this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issue/f214d6fa-5ed9-4c8a-8a3f-e5ad06dd8d35
  5. HP 990CXI printer driver

HP 990CXI printer driver: I was looking to purchase a new in box HP 990CXI printer. This is an older but very sturdy printer. I was checking to determine if Win 10 has a built-in driver for an HP 990CXI printer. There is none available from HP. Thanks....
  6. HP Printer Driver Issue

HP Printer Driver Issue: Scan doesn't work on my HP officejet 3830 printer. Called HP and they can't reinstall drivers because they say Windows 10 is blocking it and i should contact MS. HELP please!!!!...
  7. Driver for my HP Printer

Driver for my HP Printer: Within the last week (I am writing this question on 14 June 2019). I have reset my HP laptop and re-installed Windows 10. Since then my HP Photosmart D7360 has stopped working and any number of solutions suggested by the HP Support website fail to suggest a suitable driver....
  8. Hp printer driver

Hp printer driver: Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being...
  9. HP printer issues

HP printer issues: Good night HP printer printing with parts of lines missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issues/30c36937-fb79-40ee-9870-2e8c4eade8bc
  10. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...