Windows 10: HP printer driver problem

Discus and support HP printer driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys - I have a tiny HP Deskject 3720. The other day I had to switch my modem off and on again for another reason and I seem to have lost the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Debsti, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Debsti Win User

HP printer driver problem

Hi guys - I have a tiny HP Deskject 3720. The other day I had to switch my modem off and on again for another reason and I seem to have lost the printer. First it said it was 'offline', now it is saying there is a driver problem and the printer is greyed out from the printers I can select. Any clues?

:)

Debsti, Jun 19, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

HP Printer Problem

A semi-random suggestion:

Download the "universal driver" from HP.

Uninstall the current printer drivers (button in Device Manager).

Install the universal drivers.

Good luck.

(I've had some strangeness with printers. I have a Brother HL-5150D. It works well, but it doesn't appear in Devices and Printers. That was also true under Windows 8.1.)

bobkn, Jun 19, 2021
  3. helloha Win User
    Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

The following steps worked for me:

1. Remove HP printer via classic Control panel>Hardware and Sound>Right click on HP printer to remove it. OR Windows Settings> Devices>Printers and scanners>Click on HP printer in list and Remove device.

2. Remove HP Basic printer driver via classic Control panel> Uninstall a program (Remove e-Print via Windows Settings). OR Windows settings> Apps> HP driver uninstall and HP e-Print uninstall.

3. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. Type printui.exe /s and click OK opens Print Server Properties.
    Click on Drivers tab. Under installed printer drivers look for HP e-Print click on it and click Remove at the bottom and then exit.

4. Open Windows Settings or classic Control Panel and add printer. If your printer is connected to your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet windows will find it. Select your printer and windows will install the driver.
    Do not use printer driver from HP as this will re-install e-Print.

I hope this helps someone.
    PS HP sort your software out; many people are using Windows 10 and they don't need to struggle to get HP products to work!

helloha, Jun 19, 2021
  4. AlexB Win User

HP Printer Problem

I've recently run into problems with my HP LaserJet 2100 printer. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the device and Windows 10 succesfully downloads the relevant printer driver but no success printing. Looking at the device in Device Manager I can see the message:

Device LPTENUM\Hewlett-PackardHP_LaserJet_2100_Series\5&24c65149&0&LPT1.4 requires further installation.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm running on build 10586.11.

AlexB, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. HP printer driver problem - Similar Threads - printer driver problem

2. HP printer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer problem: I have a HP Photosmart 6525 printer and just replaced the HP ink cartridges. All seems OK but only puts out blank paper?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-problem/7807e88b-d7b1-4877-a894-cf1601f3c89c
  3. Hp printer problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp printer problems: Please, help. I have the old printer Hp Laserjet P2055d. I tried to install it on my laptop Asus Zenbook, I installed a universal driver UPD PCL6, but I couldn't resolve the problem which I had - the printer prints one small piece of text twice on one page, seems it has...
  4. HP Printer Driver Problem

HP Printer Driver Problem: Downloaded the printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro 400 series, M451dn. Attempted to install, restarted, unplugged, restarted again and continue to get the fatal error message unable to install. Works fine on other computers without Windows 10 Pro....
  5. HP Printer driver problem.

HP Printer driver problem.: Lately when I run windows update I see this: A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. Then if I say retry I get this: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741 Successfully...
  6. Hp printer driver

Hp printer driver: Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being...
  7. HP C4180 Printer Driver Installation Problems

HP C4180 Printer Driver Installation Problems: Hi all, Been trying to install my HP C4180 Printer drivers (latest drivers from manufacturer's website) but have been encountering repeated errors. The drivers install fine until the part where the Installation Wizard request you connect the Printer via USB. The...
  8. Problems with hp printer

Problems with hp printer: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that when I click on the hp Solution Centre icon, nothing happens. I was previously using Windows 8.1 pro and if I wanted to scan anything I just opened the solution centre and got on with the job. I did a clean install of...
  9. HP Printer Problem

HP Printer Problem: I've recently run into problems with my HP LaserJet 2100 printer. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the device and Windows 10 succesfully downloads the relevant printer driver but no success printing. Looking at the device in Device Manager I can see the message:...
  10. Problem with HP Printer Driver

Problem with HP Printer Driver: Driver Program opens fine, goto select software wanna install, stops dead there, click on to Continue, nothing happens, even tried another mouse no luck, WIndows 10 Pro 64bit Creators 15063.296, Logitech Mouse, G600 8.92.67 driver for that. Printer is Deskjet F4480 84322