Windows 10: Hp printer driver

Discus and support Hp printer driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlbertTrischler Jr, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Hp printer driver

Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being forced to purchase a yearly window 10 subscription. Thinking strongly of going to Apple.

:)

AlbertTrischler Jr, Mar 11, 2019
  2. helloha Win User

Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

The following steps worked for me:

1. Remove HP printer via classic Control panel>Hardware and Sound>Right click on HP printer to remove it. OR Windows Settings> Devices>Printers and scanners>Click on HP printer in list and Remove device.

2. Remove HP Basic printer driver via classic Control panel> Uninstall a program (Remove e-Print via Windows Settings). OR Windows settings> Apps> HP driver uninstall and HP e-Print uninstall.

3. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. Type printui.exe /s and click OK opens Print Server Properties.
    Click on Drivers tab. Under installed printer drivers look for HP e-Print click on it and click Remove at the bottom and then exit.

4. Open Windows Settings or classic Control Panel and add printer. If your printer is connected to your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet windows will find it. Select your printer and windows will install the driver.
    Do not use printer driver from HP as this will re-install e-Print.

I hope this helps someone.
    PS HP sort your software out; many people are using Windows 10 and they don't need to struggle to get HP products to work!

helloha, Mar 11, 2019
  3. bookfox Win User
    HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Hp printer driver

HP printer driver

Unable to successfully remove HP printer from the device list in control panel device listings. Printer icon in the listing is shaded and status shows "removing" but it won't delete. How can I remove this device so that I can successfully reinstall it
    with an updated driver? Any installation attempt at this point is unsuccessful.

timothymyer, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Hp printer driver

1. Hp printer driver - Similar Threads - printer driver

2. Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...: I have uninstalled and reinstalled with drivers and software downloaded from the official Brother website, however I haven't been successful installing the Brother driver and settings. Do I need to remove Microsoft IPP Class Driver from the Device manager? Do I need to...
  3. Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...: I have uninstalled and reinstalled with drivers and software downloaded from the official Brother website, however I haven't been successful installing the Brother driver and settings. Do I need to remove Microsoft IPP Class Driver from the Device manager? Do I need to...
  4. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!: I am absolutely infuriated and need help!I got a new thermal printer called BESTEASY. DID NOT COME WITH DRIVERS. In device manager and control panel, it shows under software devices or "unspecified". I have uninstalled. I have reinstalled. I have tried adding a printer...
  5. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!: I am absolutely infuriated and need help!I got a new thermal printer called BESTEASY. DID NOT COME WITH DRIVERS. In device manager and control panel, it shows under software devices or "unspecified". I have uninstalled. I have reinstalled. I have tried adding a printer...
  6. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Avast Behavior Shield and Windows Cumulative updates not compatibility Printer Driver Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Avast Behavior Shield and Windows Cumulative updates not compatibility Printer Driver Upgrade: If you get black screen of User-Logon after Cumulative updatesie.March 2024, click Ctrl+Alt+Del and wait 5min+, options screen maybe show for youLogout and Logon again. Please add some Behavior exception rule to Avast Antivirus:...
  8. Avast Behavior Shield and Windows Cumulative updates not compatibility Printer Driver Upgrade

Avast Behavior Shield and Windows Cumulative updates not compatibility Printer Driver Upgrade: If you get black screen of User-Logon after Cumulative updatesie.March 2024, click Ctrl+Alt+Del and wait 5min+, options screen maybe show for youLogout and Logon again. Please add some Behavior exception rule to Avast Antivirus:...
  9. Generi\text only printer driver for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generi\text only printer driver for Windows 11: I discovered that the Generic\text only printer driver is no longer part of Windows whilst working on a Windows 11 installation.After some web research I tried various back catalogue versions such driver_79d8f9a2366a271bb9faaa11cb8683f0fe61df73.cab to no avail i.e they work...
  10. Generi\text only printer driver for Windows 11

Generi\text only printer driver for Windows 11: I discovered that the Generic\text only printer driver is no longer part of Windows whilst working on a Windows 11 installation.After some web research I tried various back catalogue versions such driver_79d8f9a2366a271bb9faaa11cb8683f0fe61df73.cab to no avail i.e they work...