Windows 10: HP printer error since updating Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support HP printer error since updating Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Deskject Ink Advantage 5275 All-in-one printer.It was printing perfectly on the morning of Wednesday 12 May 2021.Microsoft then pushed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HandreR, May 14, 2021.

1. HandreR Win User

HP printer error since updating Windows 10 20H2

I have an HP Deskject Ink Advantage 5275 All-in-one printer.It was printing perfectly on the morning of Wednesday 12 May 2021.Microsoft then pushed a Windows 10 update for 20H2 in the afternoon.An "print error" message is then displayed when attempting to print.Thank you Microsoft, due to your update I have lost 2 full days of work trying to fix this problem.I have tried everything suggested by Microsoft and by HP without success.REALLY frustrated!!!!!!Please help as I am desperate.

:)

HandreR, May 14, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, May 14, 2021
  3. Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03515691

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, May 14, 2021
  4. HP printer error since updating Windows 10 20H2

Windows 10 update won't install printer driver - Error 0x80240017

Recently I got a driver update for my HP printer delivered through the Windows 10 updater. It seems that the driver was successfully downloaded but cannot be properly installed, every time I try I'll get the following error:

The printer is actually a network printer. I checked the driver through the device manager and the newest driver is supposedly already installed. So I went ahead and uninstalled the printer (which is now a problem since I cannot simply add the printer again because I have no access to the network currently) to get rid of the update error, but the error still persists. Troubleshooting the updater also has no effect.

Now I wanted to check the registry entries (as was suggested here) for the printer in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print but the HP printer doesn't show up any more (maybe uninstalling was too early) and therefore I have no idea what registries I could delete without breaking anything.

Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed? Maybe even a complete different approach?

EDIT:

• the suggested approach in the comments to install the HP driver suite didn't work for me

user190080, May 14, 2021
Thema:

HP printer error since updating Windows 10 20H2

1. HP printer error since updating Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - printer error since

2. Printer Sharing errors since update to Windows 11Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Sharing errors since update to Windows 11Pro: Hi, One of our PC's has recently updated to Windows 11 pro.All going well, except we have other PC's that print to a shared printer connected by USB cable to this PC.At least that's the way it used to be before the update. The other PC's are a mixture of Windows 10 and 7.Some...
  3. Printer Sharing errors since update to Windows 11Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Sharing errors since update to Windows 11Pro: Hi, One of our PC's has recently updated to Windows 11 pro.All going well, except we have other PC's that print to a shared printer connected by USB cable to this PC.At least that's the way it used to be before the update. The other PC's are a mixture of Windows 10 and 7.Some...
  4. HP printer error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer error: My HP printer won't copy or scan. There is an error "scanner problem Turn printer off and then on. If the problem is not fixed, the scanner component is broken and cannot copy or scan." Can this be fixed?...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 Update Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 Update Error: So, I was trying to update my windows 10 version from 1909 to 20H2, I am facing the "Download Errror - 0x80244018", please give me a solution to this... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-20h2-update-error/d9bb70c8-2bee-4c7f-9498-df3f122bffe7
  6. No audio since 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio since 20H2 update.: My realtek based onboard sound no longer works. It shows it's playing sound but nothing comes out my speakers. My bluetooth headphones (soundcore Life Q20) function normally. I had fixed it with a modded driver but after a few reboots it no longer works again. Everything was...
  7. HP Laserjet Printer update in Windows 10 ver 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laserjet Printer update in Windows 10 ver 20H2: I am facing problem in the installation of HP Laser Printer MFP Pro M29W model. The file has been downloaded but it shows"pending installation". The following is displayed when I want to check my Windows update: Windows 10 update: Error encountered: Hewett Packard Laser...
  8. HP PRINTER ERROR

HP PRINTER ERROR: HP PHOTOSMART C6380 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER GENERAL PRINTER ERROR 0x61011beb I CANNOT CLEAR IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-error/80865900-c409-405b-b675-00a146e55fa7
  9. HP Printer will not come on-line since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Printer will not come on-line since last update: Upto the last update I had no problems with my printer being on-line. Since the last one, the printer stays stubbornly off-line. I have tried all of the self-help available on the Web, to no avail. Any suggestions anyone? Any help gratefully received....
  10. error hp printer

error hp printer: I installed windows10 1803 build and when I want to print in word I got no access to print settings then I see error message(function address caused a protection fault exception code 0xc00005 windows 10) how can I solve this problem? In spite of having access of...