Windows 10: HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809...

Discus and support HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have used an HP Photosmart 8150 printer since 2005. Originally running under Windows XP, it currently runs under Windows 10, version 1809.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KrauseKrause1, May 27, 2019.

1. HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809...

I have used an HP Photosmart 8150 printer since 2005. Originally running under Windows XP, it currently runs under Windows 10, version 1809. Recently, on May 23, 2019, Microsoft sent my PC a cumulative Windows 10, version 1809 update along with a driver update identified as "
    Hewlett Packard - USB - 8/13/2012 12:00:00AM - 7.0.0.25 . Today (05/27/2019), after successfully printing some photos on my larger Epson Surecolor P400 photo printer, I tried to print some text on my older HP Photosmart 8150 printer, after setting the HP printer as "default". My computer recognizes that the HP 8150 printer exists but sends me an error message when I ask to print the que. I have tried to reinstall the printer driver with no improvement. It is like the Hewlett Packard USB "driver" that Microsoft sent is incorrect and prevents my computer from communicating with the HP 8150 printer. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to diagnose and fix this problem. None of the "virtual assistants" or automated diagnostic programs have been of any help whatsoever.

Bob Krause, Pisgah Forest, North Carolina

:)

KrauseKrause1, May 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

My printer is hooked up to my other Windows 7 computer in my living room. Since Windows 10 no longer has home groups, I had to gain access to the printer by manually adding the network path to it (and disabling remote password access on my living room computer).
    This worked fine for the past few months. Then comes along the Windows 1809 update, which I dutifully installed. Now when I send a print job, nothing happens. I can go into my devices & printers list, and see the printer is still there, but sending any print
    jobs to it never get there. They don't even show up in the print queue. It's like they just vanish into a void.

Since everything worked fine BEFORE updating to 1809, this means something in 1809 itself has disrupted communication. What's worse is it doesn't bring up any errors. Print jobs just vanish and the printer in the living room doesn't ever detect an incoming
    print request. It will print just fine on the computer it's hooked into.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

KarbuncleX, May 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    What is new in printing in Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

Source: What's new in printing in Windows 10, version 1809 - Microsoft Tech Community - 267182

See also:

Brink, May 27, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809...

Unable to print using HP printer 5650

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the answers to the questions below, so that we can understand more on the issue with the printer on your computer.

1. What is the current built version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?

You can refer this article to
      Check for the operating system information in Windows 10
    2. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed on this printer issue?

Refer these mentioned methods to check with the printer issue:

Method 1:

Please follow these steps to update the printer drivers.

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand Printers.
    4. Right click on Driver and select Properties.
    5. Click on Update drivers.
    6. Restart the computer and check the result.

Method 2:

Refer this article and run the troubleshooter for HP Printers - Using HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 27, 2019
Thema:

HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809...

1. HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809... - Similar Threads - Printer fails communicate

2. Failed Update to Windows 10 Version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Update to Windows 10 Version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10, version 1809. version 17763.1518. The update to the next version always fails. I get a message that says We couldn't install Windows 10 0xC1900 101-0x40017, Failed in Second Boot phase with an error during boot operation. I ran the...
  3. HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update: So in the last week or so I have not been able to print from my laptop. When I try to print any documents the print queue shows "0 documents pending." I was on the computer with HP for over 2 hours and they said it is a problem with Microsoft. Of course, I have made several...
  4. Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update

Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update: Hi Guys, my Acer laptop I got last 2016 have 2 3.0 and a 2.0 usb ports..ever since my old Epson printers (L120 and L360) and a cutter plotter (Cameo 3) works fine in any port..but just last week while installing a not so new Brother T710w printer, the laptop's Windows 10...
  5. Failed update to Windows 10 version 1809

Failed update to Windows 10 version 1809: (Note : I did tons and tons of research before coming here, also i'll not clean reinstall my PC, do not recommand me it, Thank you) Hello Microsoft team, i've experiencing a lot of issues with this update. First when it launched in october, the update failed installing...
  6. Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:: My printer is hooked up to my other Windows 7 computer in my living room. Since Windows 10 no longer has home groups, I had to gain access to the printer by manually adding the network path to it (and disabling remote password access on my living room computer). This worked...
  7. Failed version 1809 update

Failed version 1809 update: I’m running version 1803. Constantly getting errors and failures when auto update tries to install version 1809. Impossible to fix this – even clean install fails. I did some research and it is clear I’m not the only one with this issue – I’ve seen hundreds of complaints...
  8. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  9. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  10. HP wireless printer communications

HP wireless printer communications: HP wireless printer communications keeps getting lost and I need to reboot the device. The HP printer apps are listed in the Defender acceptance list but communications are still lost. Does anyone know how to prevent this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not print to hp photosmart 8150 with windows 10 OS

2. error message with hp photosmart 8150 printer

3. windows 1809 printer usb error 10

4. word 365 fails to print to HP laser,
  5. hp printer communicatiing with windows 10,
  6. hp print colating fails on windows print server,
  7. installed windows update 1903 and now my hp photosmart 8150 printer does not work,
  8. windows 10 hp 8150 error printing,
  9. impossible dinstaller printer windows 10 version 1809,
  10. 1809 update keeps users from printing in color,
  11. hp printing fails on windows 10,
  12. Printer fails to communicate with PC either by wi-fi or usb,
  13. hp photosmart 8150 printer driver for windows 10 ver 1903,
  14. hp printer fails to print on windows 10,
  15. suddenly get error message hp photosmart 8150 can not work with usb 3