Windows 10: HP printer indicates it is offline while it is online

Discus and support HP printer indicates it is offline while it is online in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is HP Office jet 8700 and it is connected to wifi. Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoseKer, Mar 5, 2020.

1. RoseKer Win User

HP printer indicates it is offline while it is online

It is HP Office jet 8700 and it is connected to wifi. Thank you

:)

RoseKer, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Zaki_j Win User

HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline and there is a delay in printing.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

HP Print and Scan Doctor is an application software from HP that can help you eliminate any issues with your HP Printer or Scanner Devices. If you are having commons problem with your HP printer or scanner
    you can download, install and run HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility to easily scan for the error and troubleshoot them automatically.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you download and run the
    HP Print and Scan Doctor and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2: I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Method 2:

If your printer is slow to print, I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions from
    HP Printers - Slow Printing (Windows)

Additional Information:

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027988/windows-10-change-a-printers-status-from-offline-to-online

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    HP OfficeJet 8700 shows offline

Hi RickJacobs3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

Method 1:

I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Method 2:

I suggest you refer to the article
    Resolving Printer Offline problem using the HP Print and Scan Doctor and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see
    if that helps.

Additional Information:

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ange-a-printers-status-from-offline-to-online

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Mar 5, 2020
  4. cscag Win User

HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print

I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 a couple of weeks ago. At that time, I re-installed the HP printer s'ware as it popped up during/after the Windows 10 update. In fact, I installed twice as first attempt didn't complete. I was able to print, however,
    it took a lengthy time to do so. Then yesterday, I got the "O/L" msg, it stayed on for about a minute, then it dropped & the printing msg appeared & the print process started. It prints one line of text, pauses, then prints second line, etc until document
    printed.

With Windows 7, there would be a short delay when I hit Print, the print connect msg would pop up & the printer initiated printing continuously w/o any pause/delay.

cscag, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. HP printer indicates it is offline while it is online - Similar Threads - printer indicates offline

2. HP Printer offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer offline: Why does my HP printer frequently give the status of offline. I replaced the printer thinking that was the problem, but the new printer does the same. I've resinstalled the printer and that only fixes it for a while....
  3. Printer Offline - how get a wireless hp printer online

Printer Offline - how get a wireless hp printer online: I don't seem to be able to get a wireless hp printer on line. I can print to it from my phone or hardwire but not wireless from my laptop. Strange. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-off-line/ff69c0f4-101e-4300-8848-44458a39ab30
  4. My HP Printer Currently is Offline, How to get it back Online?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My HP Printer Currently is Offline, How to get it back Online?: Hello, What does it mean when my HP Printer is showing offline? How do I get My Printer Online? HP Printer Offline- Printers often face an offline error when a hardliner connection to the computer is holding the document. The printer itself doesn’t have a hard-drive,...
  5. Windows 10 systems repeatedly report HP printer offline when the printer is online,...

Windows 10 systems repeatedly report HP printer offline when the printer is online,...: I've been having a problem with multiple Windows 10 laptops considering a networked HP printer offline, when that printer is online, and the IP address that it is using has not changed. Also, the issue does not affect the different systems at the same time, so it's the...
  6. Change printer offline to online

Change printer offline to online: How do I turn printer online from offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-printer-offline-to-online/0109d8d6-e909-4652-8532-14a6604f06d7
  7. HP Printer Offline Support +1-844-802-7535

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    HP Printer Offline Support +1-844-802-7535: Having the expert assistance and guidance to have a proper setup of the printer is very necessary. That is why we have made our HP printer customer support number +1-844-802-7535 toll-free and available 24x7 for your services so that you can get any of your queries resolved...
  8. HP Printer Offline Support

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Printer Offline Support: Thank you for such a wonderful article. It helped me a lot to resolve my printer offline issues and I can easily set it up to overcome the problem. I have also found that allitexprt.com also provides very useful contents in easy language and if someone still unable to resolve...
  9. HP Printer Offline Support

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Printer Offline Support: HP printers are a standout amongst other printing gadgets on the planet which effectively takes care of all your printing requests for both individual and authority use by giving a best quality printing. The American organization Hewlett-Packard built up these gadgets which...
  10. Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?: Normally, your printer back at home or office could be offline due to a variety of reasons. It could be that your printer’s drivers that operate the printer for your computer could have become corrupt or outdated. Or, the cable that connects them both could be faulty and not...