Windows 10: HP Printer install issue

Discus and support HP Printer install issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i'm being blocked by administrator to run HP install software for my printer. I have administrator rights on my computerP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PierreMajor1, Feb 20, 2019.

1. HP Printer install issue

i'm being blocked by administrator to run HP install software for my printer. I have administrator rights on my computerP

:)

PierreMajor1, Feb 20, 2019
  2. bookfox Win User

HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Hp printer

Hello Vanessa,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the model of your printer?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article
    on how to resolve printer issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Rashkavar Win User

HP Printer install issue

HP Printer driver installation issue

Greetings,

I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that stage of the install process.

Not sure it matters, because we know the printers are working fine on other computers, but there is a M1212nf MFP and a P1606dn.

I've inquired with HP via their forums (after giving up on their email submission system) and was referred to this page: HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions as to what I can do. The lady I'm doing this for is insisting on tracking hours and paying me, and is busy enough that I have to work around her schedule, thus I want to have as many options as possible to try when I'm there on Wednesday.

Rashkavar, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

HP Printer install issue

1. HP Printer install issue - Similar Threads - Printer install issue

2. HP Printer/scanner issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Printer/scanner issues: I have a basic HP 2700 All In One Printer/Scanner. Problem. getting it to print. It likes to give me the run around now and then....again it won't print. I've run the course with trouble shooting. uninstalled/reinstalled. It's stating its on metered/offline...thats new. It...
  3. HP Printer/scanner issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Printer/scanner issues: I have a basic HP 2700 All In One Printer/Scanner. Problem. getting it to print. It likes to give me the run around now and then....again it won't print. I've run the course with trouble shooting. uninstalled/reinstalled. It's stating its on metered/offline...thats new. It...
  4. HP Printer/scanner issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hp Printer install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Printer install: HP printers Installed and then always Error. We Can't install any HP printer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-install/fb40139b-7566-46ca-b4bd-b0b9adb9cf3b
  6. Hp Printer install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Printer install: HP printers Installed and then always Error. We Can't install any HP printer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-install/fb40139b-7566-46ca-b4bd-b0b9adb9cf3b
  7. Hp Printer install

8. HP printer issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP printer issue: I am using a HP desighjet 500 printer, running a windows 10 OS and when updaes my printer stops working. Is a fix for this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issue/f214d6fa-5ed9-4c8a-8a3f-e5ad06dd8d35
  9. HP printer issues

HP printer issues: Good night HP printer printing with parts of lines missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issues/30c36937-fb79-40ee-9870-2e8c4eade8bc
  10. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...