Windows 10: HP Printer issues on Win 10 - sudden issue that I needed to update the drivers but I cannot...

Discus and support HP Printer issues on Win 10 - sudden issue that I needed to update the drivers but I cannot... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having HP Printer problems, when I go to install software, It won't install stating parameter incorrect. When I look up the error on HP it says to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DawnPrezioso, Sep 17, 2020.

1. HP Printer issues on Win 10 - sudden issue that I needed to update the drivers but I cannot...

Having HP Printer problems, when I go to install software, It won't install stating parameter incorrect. When I look up the error on HP it says to change the windows INF folder files printqueue.inf file name to printqueue.fni and printqueue.pnf to printqueue.fnp however when I attempt to change the file names I am not allowed access to change the names access denied, how can I get around this so I can download the drivers? Using Windows 10 had no issues now suddenly I have issues.

Any advice would be great...thank you.

Dawn

:)

DawnPrezioso, Sep 17, 2020
  2. bookfox Win User

HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    HP Printer Driver Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use the scanner of your HP Officejet 3830 printer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What happens when you try to use the scanner?
    • Do you receive any error message/code?
    • When you say “they can't reinstall drivers because they say Windows 10 is blocking it” what is the error message you see when attempting to reinstall the driver?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to try running HP Print and Scan Doctor on your
    computer. This will diagnose the issues with Printing and Scanning.

Please reply with more information on the issue to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 17, 2020
  4. HP Printer issues on Win 10 - sudden issue that I needed to update the drivers but I cannot...

Issue with HP printer driver on Windows 10

After updating to Windows 10, when trying to print from any application HP network printer does not display as an option.

When going to All Settings --> Devices

In the Printers section the HP network printer is listed

How do I solve this issue?

Thanks.

isi.carlos, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

HP Printer issues on Win 10 - sudden issue that I needed to update the drivers but I cannot...

1. HP Printer issues on Win 10 - sudden issue that I needed to update the drivers but I cannot... - Similar Threads - Printer issues sudden

2. HP printer driver bug/issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer driver bug/issue: I've seen a couple posts about this, and I have a question for those who really know. What are you suppose to do if you don't have a printer anymore, but Windows installed the one with the bug? Do you think Windows will send an update through Windows Update if it detects the...
  3. driver issue for printer

driver issue for printer: I have just downloaded the software for a Canon Printer series MG2500. Printer shows on screen but states 'driver error'. If I try to troubleshoot it says error has occurred. I have followed all instructions I can find but nothing has solved the problem. I have checked...
  4. HP printer issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP printer issue: I am using a HP desighjet 500 printer, running a windows 10 OS and when updaes my printer stops working. Is a fix for this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issue/f214d6fa-5ed9-4c8a-8a3f-e5ad06dd8d35
  5. I have an HP 8710 printer and need a driver for it.

I have an HP 8710 printer and need a driver for it.: I have an HP 8710 Printer and need a driver for it. I have gone to HP and tried to down load a driver but it says no such printer or it says no such driver. I have tried the windows down load and it does not work. I hope to use its scanning and printing because it is a...
  6. HP Printer Driver Issue

HP Printer Driver Issue: Scan doesn't work on my HP officejet 3830 printer. Called HP and they can't reinstall drivers because they say Windows 10 is blocking it and i should contact MS. HELP please!!!!...
  7. HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade

HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade: Just had Dell upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Before, HP 7155 printer worked fine, now NOTHING. You can hear it getting print command, then it fizzles out. Is it driver issue? WIFI, Network? HP Forum and I have tried "everything!" Thx....
  8. HP printer issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP printer issues with Windows 10: "I have an HP Photosmart C4780 printer. I recently updated to Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop. When I first sent a print command, there was an unusal lenthy delay before printing. Today, after the lenghty time delay 30-45 secs or more I got a "printer off-line" msg, then another...
  9. HP printer issues

HP printer issues: Good night HP printer printing with parts of lines missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-issues/30c36937-fb79-40ee-9870-2e8c4eade8bc
  10. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...