Windows 10: HP printer issues with Windows 10

Discus and support HP printer issues with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "I have an HP Photosmart C4780 printer. I recently updated to Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop. When I first sent a print command, there was an unusal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cscag, Jan 19, 2020.

1. cscag Win User

HP printer issues with Windows 10

"I have an HP Photosmart C4780 printer. I recently updated to Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop. When I first sent a print command, there was an unusal lenthy delay before printing. Today, after the lenghty time delay 30-45 secs or more I got a "printer off-line" msg, then another delay, msg went away , then , got the msg "sent to printer" & the initiation of printing. As was the initial print case after installing Windows 10, the printer took an inordinate amount of time to print the page. Anyone else experiencing similar??

:)

cscag, Jan 19, 2020

2. Hp printer

Hello Vanessa,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the model of your printer?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article
    on how to resolve printer issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 19, 2020
  3. bookfox Win User
    HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Kevin_888 Win User

HP DeskJet 9670 printer on Windows 10.

Go to the HP Support Web Site as below...

HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver | HP® Customer Support

In my case I then needed to go to Step 3 and working through from there - my printer was NOT in the list so I had to select the bottom option 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings' and click 'Next', working through their Online
    instructions from there. The next screen will probably give you the option to update the list of printer drivers on your PC: go for that BUT note that it may well appear to have stopped working as it took perhaps 10-15 minutes to update! Go and make a cup
    of coffee in the interim!

If your printer is on one or other of the HP/Hewlett Packard lists then you should be OK, if not, you will need to ascertain which listed printer is the nearest or recommended substitute one to use. HP should have a list of suggestions if it is not too old,
    otherwise try the 9800, which is the one that I have to use for my 9670 (which is A3).

Good luck!

Kevin_888, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. HP printer issues with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - printer issues

2. Printer scan issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer scan issue: Why won't Windows 11 on my new Dell computer recognize the scan function of my HP officejet pro printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scan-issue/70c67abd-5717-492d-b120-40563b8022ec
  3. Printer scan issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer scan issue: Why won't Windows 11 on my new Dell computer recognize the scan function of my HP officejet pro printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scan-issue/70c67abd-5717-492d-b120-40563b8022ec
  4. Two related issues? Just received a HP update error and having an issue connecting printer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two related issues? Just received a HP update error and having an issue connecting printer...: On the computer I am running W11 Home v:23H2 on a Samsung, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz. I also have a HP Office Jet 5258 printer.I have recently started having issues connecting my printer by Bluetooth. I can...
  5. Two related issues? Just received a HP update error and having an issue connecting printer...

Two related issues? Just received a HP update error and having an issue connecting printer...: On the computer I am running W11 Home v:23H2 on a Samsung, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz. I also have a HP Office Jet 5258 printer.I have recently started having issues connecting my printer by Bluetooth. I can...
  6. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  7. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  8. Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer: Greetings , just built my new computer and have an issue printing. Excel Docs and word docs print fine. When I use the snipping tool and /or "print Screen" and past picture onto a word doc or excel, it will either not print or print a small portion. When printing pictures,...
  9. Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer

Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer: Greetings , just built my new computer and have an issue printing. Excel Docs and word docs print fine. When I use the snipping tool and /or "print Screen" and past picture onto a word doc or excel, it will either not print or print a small portion. When printing pictures,...
  10. I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...: Attached is the Hardware Properties report from my settings.Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical address MAC: b8:ca:3a:de:4a:4d Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.112.132/16 IPv6 address:...