Windows 10: HP printer issues

Discus and support HP printer issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good night HP printer printing with parts of lines missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shelly-AnnClarke, Oct 12, 2018.

1. HP printer issues

Good night

HP printer printing with parts of lines missing.

:)

Shelly-AnnClarke, Oct 12, 2018
  2. bookfox Win User

HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Hp printer

Hello Vanessa,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the model of your printer?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article
    on how to resolve printer issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 12, 2018
  4. HP printer issues

my printer hp deskjet f4288 -windows10 pro not working

Hello,

I realize your concern. Let me help you with this issue.

I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter. Follow the steps.

• Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • In the left pane click on View all.
    • Select the Printer option and follow the on screen instructions.

Also, suggest you to refer the below link, and check if it helps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product...-series/3390945/model/3571304/troubleshooting

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

HP printer issues

1. HP printer issues - Similar Threads - printer issues

2. Two related issues? Just received a HP update error and having an issue connecting printer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two related issues? Just received a HP update error and having an issue connecting printer...: On the computer I am running W11 Home v:23H2 on a Samsung, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz. I also have a HP Office Jet 5258 printer.I have recently started having issues connecting my printer by Bluetooth. I can...
  3. Two related issues? Just received a HP update error and having an issue connecting printer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two related issues? Just received a HP update error and having an issue connecting printer...: On the computer I am running W11 Home v:23H2 on a Samsung, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz. I also have a HP Office Jet 5258 printer.I have recently started having issues connecting my printer by Bluetooth. I can...
  4. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  5. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  6. Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer: Greetings , just built my new computer and have an issue printing. Excel Docs and word docs print fine. When I use the snipping tool and /or "print Screen" and past picture onto a word doc or excel, it will either not print or print a small portion. When printing pictures,...
  7. Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer

Printing issues - Just built Windows 11 PC and HP envy 5530 printer: Greetings , just built my new computer and have an issue printing. Excel Docs and word docs print fine. When I use the snipping tool and /or "print Screen" and past picture onto a word doc or excel, it will either not print or print a small portion. When printing pictures,...
  8. I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...: Attached is the Hardware Properties report from my settings.Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical address MAC: b8:ca:3a:de:4a:4d Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.112.132/16 IPv6 address:...
  9. I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...

I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...: Attached is the Hardware Properties report from my settings.Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical address MAC: b8:ca:3a:de:4a:4d Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.112.132/16 IPv6 address:...
  10. I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware