Windows 10: HP printer not showing in printer list

Discus and support HP printer not showing in printer list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new HP Envy x360 laptop and I just added an HP 5540 printer. This printer works fine with my other laptop The printer shows in my Printers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SusanKelly7, Jan 24, 2020.

1. HP printer not showing in printer list

I have a new HP Envy x360 laptop and I just added an HP 5540 printer. This printer works fine with my other laptop

The printer shows in my Printers and Scanners and shows as my default printer and the Test Page prints just fine.

However when I try to print anything else the printer does not on my list of printers?

Thanks

***Original title: HP Envy 5540 printer***

:)

SusanKelly7, Jan 24, 2020
  2. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Looking for a new Printer

Well, after a recipe cook, and start of another one, my Epson Workforce 500 died.. *Cry :cry: Served me good for 2 years.

So, now looking for a new printer to buy come next pay

• Price: Under $200
    • Preference: All-in-One since I work from home when I'm off the clock. (has to have a fax)
      Scanner/copier/fax
    • Color Printer
    • Networking of any kind. Printer is close to router
    No brand is a preference. I do have a Corporate discount with both HP and CDW.

Thanks

Cold Storm, Jan 24, 2020
  4. HP printer not showing in printer list

Which All IN One printer to buy?

I'm going to buy all in one printer [printer+scanner+xerox]

My engineer suggested me hp 2128 and hp 4185..

Which one is better for home use? [for my personal use not business/shop use]

Or anyother model you suggest?

What is the price in INR or USD?

freebird_9924, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

HP printer not showing in printer list

1. HP printer not showing in printer list - Similar Threads - printer showing printer

2. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  3. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  4. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hp printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp printer: cannot connect my printer its says its connecting then it says driver not available. i have uninstalled and installed numerous times. it was working then all of a sudden we had a power outage and now it doesnt print form my desk top only my phone....
  6. How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list: How do i flush the printer list that comes up when selecting the printer to print too? I guess this is some sort of Cache? This problem is I have many old deleted printer that continue to com up in the list to print too. Deleting them from Printer and devices does not change...
  7. HP printer

HP printer: I bought a printer from an individual, I can't get it to power on. When I plug it in the light comes on, but when I push the power button it want power on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer/d9ea9971-a823-4a4d-a537-93438f83d733
  8. Printer doesn't show in printer list; but it does show in devices and printers and I...

Printer doesn't show in printer list; but it does show in devices and printers and I...: As above. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-doesnt-show-in-printer-list-but-it-does/1da057e9-1ad3-4ce7-9c82-89c158686fe2
  9. printer hp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer hp: My Hp printer is not working with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-hp/470480d5-a893-47f4-9ae5-4997edffb4d5
  10. HP printer

HP printer: I have an old HP printer (HP 5610v), it's a great printer and works really well. My issue is since CU/FCU......after I install my printer, the fax portion of the printer is set as the default. This never happened before CU an FCU. I have to manually go in and change it. Then...