Windows 10: HP Printer Problem

Discus and support HP Printer Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently run into problems with my HP LaserJet 2100 printer. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the device and Windows 10 succesfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexB, Nov 19, 2015.

1. AlexB Win User

HP Printer Problem

I've recently run into problems with my HP LaserJet 2100 printer. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the device and Windows 10 succesfully downloads the relevant printer driver but no success printing. Looking at the device in Device Manager I can see the message:

Device LPTENUM\Hewlett-PackardHP_LaserJet_2100_Series\5&24c65149&0&LPT1.4 requires further installation.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm running on build 10586.11.

:)

AlexB, Nov 19, 2015

2. HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Fout 0x80240017

Hi

There is no issue with the printer. The problem is with windows update continually failing to install an update for the HP printer.

The error message is:

HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Error 0x80240017

Thanks

robinosborne, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Cliff856 Win User
    Snipping tool crashes when printing

I have the same problem with an HP printer, universal driver 6.4.1.22169

Cliff856, Nov 19, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

HP Printer Problem

A semi-random suggestion:

Download the "universal driver" from HP.

Uninstall the current printer drivers (button in Device Manager).

Install the universal drivers.

Good luck.

(I've had some strangeness with printers. I have a Brother HL-5150D. It works well, but it doesn't appear in Devices and Printers. That was also true under Windows 8.1.)

bobkn, Nov 19, 2015
  5. AlexB Win User
    Thank you for the suggestion but right now the problem has gone. I use a PCI card to provide a parallel port for the old HP printer and via Device Manager I had a look at its properties and tried changing the Filter Resource Method to "Never use an interrupt". That did the trick although I have no idea why.

Fingers crossed that the problem does not re-occur.

AlexB, Nov 20, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Parallel port?

Old indeed.

bobkn, Nov 20, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    Is that an IEEE1284 port and Cable? The newer bunch of Parallel Port printers required it.

Berton, Nov 20, 2015
  8. Atomic77 Win User

HP Printer Problem

Oh my gosh parallel port is so old. my printer witch I had a long time now is usb.

Atomic77, Nov 20, 2015
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Hmm. My very old HP Laserjet 1200 have two ports: parallel and usb.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 20, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    You can also right-click on the parallel port, select Properties and fro Port Settings tab check the Enable legacy plug and play detection box. This helps a lot with old devices.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  11. AlexB Win User
    Yes, I also have that enabled.

AlexB, Nov 21, 2015
  12. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I remember that for my LS1200 printer to work 100% properly using LPT port, it must be configured as ECP in BIOS. Built-in configuration program couldn't access printer when LPT port was set as SPP or EPP. You might also need a communications patch inside HP drivers page.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 21, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

HP Printer Problem

Yes, I always set the parallel port to ECP in BIOS to get most functionality and compatibility with devices. On the other hard, I have seen a printer (don't remember which model it was) that had problem working in ECP and I had to set it to standard (SPP).

spapakons, Nov 21, 2015
  14. Janeg Win User
    Upgrade to WIN10 problem with the HP 2100 is removed.
    I manually installed printers with PCL6 driver HP2100
    Device Manager - Ports - Acessories - Port Settings disallow interruptions.
    Tick permission legacy PnP devices.

Janeg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP Printer Problem

1. HP Printer Problem - Similar Threads - Printer Problem

2. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update: Dear community members,I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a frustrating issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Since the update, I've been unable to connect to my printer and print documents as usual.Previously, my printer was functioning...
  3. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update: Dear community members,I'm reaching out for assistance regarding a frustrating issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Since the update, I've been unable to connect to my printer and print documents as usual.Previously, my printer was functioning...
  4. Printer Connectivity Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my printer: I have a dnp ds rx1 printer and i can not connect it to my window 10.I tried everything but i can not connect it.I tried install companies driver and i could not install it.I tried uninstall it and install it again but that also did not help.I do not know what to do now.Also...
  6. I have a problem with my printer

I have a problem with my printer: I have a dnp ds rx1 printer and i can not connect it to my window 10.I tried everything but i can not connect it.I tried install companies driver and i could not install it.I tried uninstall it and install it again but that also did not help.I do not know what to do now.Also...
  7. I have a problem with my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Printer problems

Printer problems: We have changed to a Spectrum router and modem. Now I can't get my Epson ET-2400 to print. When we had T-mobile it would print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/c6bb250d-5a74-4a4b-8dce-d867ad50b295
  9. Printer problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problems: We have changed to a Spectrum router and modem. Now I can't get my Epson ET-2400 to print. When we had T-mobile it would print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/c6bb250d-5a74-4a4b-8dce-d867ad50b295
  10. Printer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging